Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mike Tyson.... Now that I have your attention, Callum Smith?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mike Tyson.... Now that I have your attention, Callum Smith?

Did John Ryder destroy the air of invincibility that surrounded Callum Smith?

I literally couldn’t see how Smith could lose, he was just easing through the division..

But Ryder beat him in my opinion, despite some unbelievably bad scoring.

Now I do not feel that he is unbeatable, in fact after that fight it’ll be interesting to see who he is matched with if it isn’t a mandatory defence.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike Tyson.... Now that I have your attention, Callum Smith?

Callum Smith did not take John Ryder seriously as he did George Groves and would against Saul Canelo Alvarez.

Callum is also huge for the weight and it is not easy making it for a routine defence against Ryder.

The fight was close and I had it a draw but Ryder looked a lot better than he has before.

Ryder has made himself open to a fight with Canelo after Saunders pulled out.

A fully motivated Callum Smith in the form that he was against George Groves beats Canelo in my opinion. Otherwise a win against Benavidez or Plant would surely get him a fight against Canelo.

Don’t you dare ever use Mike Tyson to get people’s attention again!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Thread Title -

A boxing forum's equivalent of having naked women standing outside a used car lot to get prospective customers inside.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the gorilla should have a win over callum. is master callums dad? only thing on callums mind should have been a rematch with john but the gorilla has made him a mouse. canelo snuffs callum easy
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    the gorilla should have a win over callum. is master callums dad? only thing on callums mind should have been a rematch with john but the gorilla has made him a mouse. canelo snuffs callum easy
    Are you Canelo's dad?

Saul knows Smith will be his hardest test at the weight. Callum had an off night and will be in the form that retired George Groves if Saul takes the risk.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Are you Canelo's dad?

Saul knows Smith will be his hardest test at the weight. Callum had an off night and will be in the form that retired George Groves if Saul takes the risk.
    i wish. callum knows canelo puts him to sleep. that is why he wanted big money. he didn't want to take a beating without getting paid. the gorilla is a bigger risk. callum retired a george who was damaged goods
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you Canelo's dad?

i wish. callum knows canelo puts him to sleep. that is why he wanted big money. he didn't want to take a beating without getting paid. the gorilla is a bigger risk. callum retired a george who was damaged goods
    Callum knows he can beat Canelo, he is no Rocky Fielding, and that is why Saul is looking at easier options. The fight is a natural but Alvarez and his people dare not take the risk.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you Canelo's dad?

Callum knows he can beat Canelo, he is no Rocky Fielding, and that is why Saul is looking at easier options. The fight is a natural but Alvarez and his people dare not take the risk.
    callum can't even beat the gorilla without bad scoring. john is the tougher option. callum already punked out once. he wanted big money to be put to sleep

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you Canelo's dad?

callum can't even beat the gorilla without bad scoring. john is the tougher option. callum already punked out once. he wanted big money to be put to sleep
    Make yourself believe that Ryder is a tougher fight than Smith if it makes you feel better but you know deep inside it is not true. Callum is the best fighter at the weight and should get the money his status deserves. Canelo is low balling all his opponents which is why they are all turning him down.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you Canelo's dad?

Make yourself believe that Ryder is a tougher fight than Smith if it makes you feel better but you know deep inside it is not true. Callum is the best fighter at the weight and should get the money his status deserves. Canelo is low balling all his opponents which is why they are all turning him down.
    i know john beat callum but didn't get the win on the cards. you know deep inside the gorilla was robbed. callum priced himself out & billy joe stepped in before the bullshit virus. now getting those types of purses in the current situation is a dream. callum could always offer john a rematch & see how much he gets if he's man enough

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information