530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John Lewis, civil rights icon, has died at 80

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    ...knowing you'll never alter your extremist views on race.
    I don't have extremist views on race.

Hmm..... saying over and over that EVERY WHITE PERSON ON EARTH IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST is extremist. Sooo... there's that.

you can't fathom that some one that does not see the world the way you do.

What.... that there might be some white people out there who are NOT white supremacists and who abhor racism as much as you do? Yeah... you goddamn right. We DON'T see the world the same way.

Of the 2000 hate groups less than 1% are based on Black hate towards whites and over 90% are based on whites hating blacks. Go figure.

Yeah? And your point? Nobody here is arguing that there are more black groups hating whites than the other way around. "Deflection", I think that's called. Stick to the point.

Let's also be clear. John Lewis did more to attempt to advance the cause of blacks in society in any given hour of any 24-hour day of his entire life, than you can ever hope to do in a million lifetimes.
    What did John Lewis for black people after he was elected to congress ? He was a united states congressman for 30 years.

What did he do ?

Oh... do you mean HOW MANY BUILDINGS DID HE BURN DOWN OR HOW MANY WHITE PEOPLE HE SHOT? Well...... I guess according to YOUR definition, he didn't do shit.
    If you were a level-headed adult and were to ask the same question, I'd say he was a major influence in the civil rights movement and a presence in Congress that served to remind people of the importance of racial relations.

Lewis was a decent man, who fought and struggled against the remnants of slavery and the white superiority complex that has followed throughout the next couple of centuries.
    What are you talking about ?

If I have to translate that, I can't help you.

Black people (generally) don't care how white people think. Black people care about what white people do.

Au contraire. Blacks care very much about what white people think.... because what white people THINK eventually govern what they DO and HOW and WHY they do it. A bit nuanced, I know..... but try and keep up.
    Example: A white person who is FORCED to accept employment quotas in his company can still THINK as a racist asshole and deny blacks at every opportunity. A white person who GENUINELY thinks every man on Earth deserves the same rights and opportunities does NOT NEED superficial quotas to do the right thing. In fact, he can NOT COMPLY with the quotas a any given time because maybe that month there weren't enough QUALIFIED black candidates..... but 6 months down the road he could have DOUBLE THE QUOTA not because he's forced to hire blacks..... but because he found a bunch of qualified black candidates.

Are you going to ask me what I'm talking about again?

Remnants of slavery ? What are you talking about ?

Again with the damn question. If I have to double-explain things to you every time I write, I'm wasting my time even more than I already am.
    Slavery was abolished... we all know that. Yet the mindset in many whites, passed on from generation from generation, is that blacks remain somewhat inferior. That is in itself what drives much of the racism today.
    Now stop me if I'm going too fast.

Look. Whenever black people rose up, John Lewis was to be the good negro who would get out there and say "Well you shouldn't be rioting now. You should nt be burned down stuff now" John Lewis did nothing for black people and he dined out on being attacked in Selma on the Edmund Pettus bridge for 50 years.

Well that's your opinion and again..... seems you would've rather Lewis burned down a few buildings or shot up a few white people. But then again he wouldn't have been a "Congressman for 30 years."

His goal was non-violence, yes. But let me put a question to you.

What do you think would have had more of a chance to obtain the civil rights reforms that finally resulted in the 60's (knowing there is a LOT more to go).............

a) non-violence like Lewis preached?
    b) violence like you seem to prefer?

You honestly think that a bunch of Malcolm X's on their own without the balance provided by the MLK's and John Lewises of the world would've achieved the equality you speak of?
    Hardly.
    So you're saying that white people in the 60's woke up one day and said "Hey !! We're tired of this racism. We are gonna play the game straight with black people and give them a proper slice of the cake. That John Lewis just made me see sense"

Somewhere in a past post I talked about the BALANCE needed between the John Lewises/MLKs of the nation..... and the Malcolm X types. But I guess you skipped that part while reading with your blinders on.

I'll ask again... what have YOU done with your life that qualifies you to criticize a great human being like John Lewis?
    Adolf Hitler has done more in his life than I have done in a million lifetimes. What's your point ?

Does that mean Hitler is above questioning ?

THIS is an incredibly MORONIC analogy and to give you the benefit of the doubt I'm sure you regretted writing it later.

I could've shot down your entire post, but at some point you become repetitive and it ain't worth the effort.

In summary.......

1. You've got the unmitigated gall of questioning your extremism, while all the while claiming EVERY SINGLE WHITE PERSON ON EARTH IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST. That alone speaks volumes.

2. Black people DO care what white people think... which eventually translates into what white people DO. (Also, I should add that if you're going to speak for ALL BLACK PEOPLE then I'll need to see some sort of qualification.)

3. You dismiss Lewis because he wasn't a militant black man. That's your right. Doesn't mean he DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. But again... that's YOUR OPINION and you're free to dismiss him because he didn't spend his life burning buildings and killing white people.

4. Whatever good points you may be trying to make (like NoSaving sympathetically said) are immediately lost when you write an ASININE ANALOGY MENTIONING HITLER.

In fact..... it is ME who should ask you at this juncture......................... What the FUCK are you talking about??
    Last edited by TitoFan; 07-23-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Thread Information