Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Iron" Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr

Sad facts are Money ! It will sell both are legends Roy can't say goodbye to boxing and Mike's mind maybe straight as it can be ! a circus yes but the hype alone will sell it hell nobody is going to get killed it's a eight round sparring season pure and simple.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its dangerous for both especially Roy. Dont want to see mike land a big one on accident and ko roy. Maybe roy runs until tysons gets tired. Or one of them pulls a hamstring like the old guys they are.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones could get seriously hurt in this and may never wake up.

His punch resistance and legs were finished post Glen Johnson!

Jones is my Favourite fighter and would have preferred another opponent..

Where’s David Tua

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what to make of this. 1st Tyson talked about exhibition for charity. Then we heard possibly Tyson Fury, now a former LHW? To see Tyson getting in shape is like he intends to fight not have a charity boxing match.
    This is charity boxing:
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Foreman believes the exhibition bout between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. is a "beautiful thing," even if there is a danger in the pair stepping back into the ring.

Tyson has confirmed he will make a comeback Sept. 12 in Las Vegas, taking on four-weight world champion Jones in a pay-per-view contest.

The 54-year-old Tyson, whose last outing was in 2005, when he retired against Kevin McBride - has teased the possibility of a return in recent months, posting videos on social media as he worked out in the gym.

Foreman understands better than most why the duo have signed up for the showdown. At age 45, he became the oldest heavyweight champion when he famously stopped Michael Moorer.

"There's a time when you've got to worry about your health, but it's a beautiful thing that they would even come out [and fight]," Foreman told TMZ Sports. "Perhaps they can name a charity to be the recipient of the funds. I think it's good to come out, but it's got to be a fun thing."

While making clear the dangers of competing again, Foreman expects it would have been impossible to change Tyson's mind once it was made up.

"Boxing is nothing to play with. I would tell them that it's really dangerous," he said. "But when you make up your mind to do something like that, you can't tell them not to do it. They're not going to hear that.

"Even me, a big fool like me, back in the day, I only saw what I wanted to see."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/mik...014034093.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

***HUSTLE ALERT HUSTLE ALERT***

It really is PPV.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So they moved it to Thanksgiving weekend the 28th? Either someone else needs the date or they're hoping we'll all be too fat and stuffed to get off the couch and hit the PPV purchase.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    So they moved it to Thanksgiving weekend the 28th? Either someone else needs the date or they're hoping we'll all be too fat and stuffed to get off the couch and hit the PPV purchase.
    Canelo v Smith was going to be on the original date so this may have moved for that fight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike Tyson's exhibition bout with Roy Jones Jr. postponed to November

Mike Tyson’s return to the ring will have to wait just a little bit longer.

Tyson’s eight-round exhibition match against Roy Jones Jr. was postponed on Sunday afternoon, according to The Athletic.

The fight was originally scheduled to take place in Southern California on Sept. 12. It has been tentatively rescheduled for Nov. 28, two days after Thanksgiving.

According to The Ring’s Ryan O’Hara, the bout was pushed because Tyson’s team felt it could maximize revenue on the pay-per-view fight by pushing it back. The fight was initially set to take place at Dignity Health Park in Carson, California, without fans present.

Tyson hasn’t fought since June 11, 2005, when he fell to Kevin McBride. The 54-year-old former undisputed heavyweight champion was teasing his return for quite some time on social media, dropping training videos that showed he is still an incredible fighter.

Jones hasn’t fought in a few years, either. The 51-year-old last stepped into the ring in 2018. There were going to be several notable fights on the undercard, too, including one between YouTuber Jake Paul and former NBA player Nate Robinson.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/mike-tys...010822270.html

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This might do worse than Jones vs Hopkins II PPV. Then again, 150k would be surprising to me. Maybe they bring old legends Ken Shamrock, Rampage Jackson with entertainment from Bobby Brown, Kurtis Blow, Sugar Hill Gang,, groups most forgot or never knew of.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing legend, Roy Jones Jr. signs with manufacturer The Emerald Corp. to launch new CBD brand, Left Hook CBD.

Widely recognized as one of the best "Pound for Pound" boxers of all time, Roy Jones Jr. has created a stir in the sports world after signing a contract to fight Mike Tyson on Sept. 12, 2020. In a self-proclaimed "David vs. Goliath" event, Roy (51) seems un-phased by the recent media frenzy surrounding Mike Tyson's return to boxing. This includes the high octane training videos that show Tyson to be in solid shape leading up to this bout. Roy in his prime was one of the most dynamic boxers of all time, winning titles in 4 different weight classes.

Tyson, who hasn't entered the ring in 15 years, has spent the last three years building his cannabis empire Tyson Ranch. Tyson Ranch is said to be earning Tyson upwards of one million dollars per month. This week, Roy Jones Jr. has decided to throw his hat in the ring and enter the ever-emerging cannabis space himself. Roy has partnered with New York-based manufacturer The Emerald Corp. to launch his new product line, Left Hook CBD. Left Hook is likely named after Roy's deadly left hook that has battered fighters from Jeff Lacy to James Toney throughout his career. The Emerald Corp is known industry-wide for utilizing well known botanical supplements to enhance their CBD products. Their new 35,000 sq. foot cleanroom facility in Long Island, NY will serve as Left Hook's headquarters and distribution hub. The brand will consist of four products:

Knuckle Up - 1500mg CBD Joint Support Rub* w/ Arnica Oil & Turmeric - $79.99
    Body Work - 1000mg CBD Lotion w/ Frankincense & Lavender - $49.99
    Knock Out - 500mg CBD Sleep Tincture* w/ Melatonin - $24.99
    Recovery - 1000mg CBD Tincture w/ Spirulina - $49.99

CBD products are gaining popularity in the sports world. Namely in combat sports, where fighters like Nate Diaz, Shannon Brigs and Sean O'Malley are all heavily involved in the CBD space. Roy's "Knuckle Up" Joint Support Rub features Arnica Oil & Turmeric that are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. As combat sports appear to lead the way for CBD mainstreaming in sports, celebrity-backed brands are helping to educate consumers on the possible benefits CBD may have.

Roy Jones Jr. and Mike Tyson seem to be at the point of no return as they train hard leading up to the fight. Tyson has made it clear that he "only knows one way to fight" and would be holding nothing back on Sept. 12. This 8 Round exhibition with no judges is sure to be nothing short of entertaining and it is likely both of these boxing legends may need all the CBD the can get their hands on.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/roy-j...30000741.html?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Won't be watching it...even for curiosity value. About as cynical a ploy as your ever likely to see.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy Jones Jr threatens to pull out of Mike Tyson fight, unhappy with date change for exhibition

Roy Jones has threatened to pull out of his exhibition fight with Mike Tyson over the change in date and circumstances.

The bout, which was initially scheduled for September 12 behind closed doors, has now been moved to November 28, with organisers supposely attempting to get a crowd.

Jones Jr told the Mail: “I’ve had to cancel other stuff to be out here, it’s upset my calendar, I’ve got to change things.

“That’s why we have to table bulls**t now. That’s the biggest issue, I’m not a full time boxer anymore so I do other things to make an income.

“If I can’t do other things then I should be compensated for that, because it changes the schematics. It’s not acceptable.

“We’re trying to figure something out, my lawyers [are] talking with their lawyers, trying to figure out ways to make it a better situation so that I can compensated for it, that is more beneficial for me to do.

“If they don’t make it make sense, it would be off.

“Why would I change the date and mess up the rest of my year when I agreed to September 12?

“They said they wanted to get a crowd, if you want to get a crowd, that’s a different type of money.

“If you want a big event, that’s a different type of money.

“You think I’m going to say, okay, let’s look at my money, but I’m not getting no better per cent.

“How dumb is that to me? So let’s see what happens.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...ight-pull-out/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Roys hang up is needing more money for a charity exhibition . Sort of um a bit crappy. Maybe Mike can chip in a trunk of premo ganja. I get wanting to be paid but you've spent your entire life as a fighter, it's not really the position of someone else to compensate your other business enterprises. Might be getting cold feet that it'll flop like a record size catfish on the dock. Hell of a way to drive a hard bargain..and it's on Thanksgiving ffs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The undercard is soo fire too!!

Thread Information