89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Iron" Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    No interest in this whatsoever, what idiot even made this thread a sticky?
    If you have no interest in the thread then why post some news about it you dumb fuck?

Clown.

So it was the forum dickhead 😂

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No interest in this whatsoever, what idiot even made this thread a sticky?
    If you have no interest in the thread then why post some news about it you dumb fuck?

Clown.

So it was the forum dickhead 😂
    Says the forum most laughed at and embarrassing poster.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone know of a good free streaming site to watch this fight? i dont mind paying for fights but $49.95 for 2 50+ yr olds in a 8x2min rd exhibition along with a shit undercard is a bit rich imo...... any free or cheaper streaming sites for tyson vs jones?
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by spanky-banky View Post
    Does anyone know of a good free streaming site to watch this fight? i dont mind paying for fights but $49.95 for 2 50+ yr olds in a 8x2min rd exhibition along with a shit undercard is a bit rich imo...... any free or cheaper streaming sites for tyson vs jones?

PM me

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    It's a freak show!

Big H, long time fella! 😎

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight is going to be very entertaining. Both are great players.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Bruno has told talkSPORT he would ‘love’ to box again as he defended Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr over their controversial comeback fight.

Tyson, the youngest world heavyweight champion in history, will dust off the black boots and the black shorts for the first time in 15 years when he takes on pound-for-pound legend in Jones on Saturday night.

Although billed as an exhibition, both men have got themselves fighting fit for the heavyweight showdown which you can hear live on talkSPORT following Daniel Dubois’ showdown with Joe Joyce.

With a combined age of 105, Tyson and Jones Jr squaring off has been dismissed as a circus act by some.

But Bruno, the former world champion who twice fought Tyson in his career, sees no problem with them facing off.

“I think both are taking it seriously,” Bruno – one of Britain’s most popular ever fighters – said on the Jim White show on talkSPORT. “All the rules will go out the door.

“They are making some money and as long as they don’t hurt themselves, good luck to them.

“They are not robbing a bank; they were champions and good fighters in their day. If they fancy it, who are we to judge?”

Like Tyson and Jones Jr, Bruno is also in great shape and, even at 59, admits he would be tempted by a comeback for the right amount of money.

“I train three times a day, sometimes four times a day. I do look after myself so if someone is going to offer you a good amount of corn to go into the ring, I would love to go into the ring,” he said.

“That is my job, that is my profession, it is what I have done for most of my life.

“If it wasn’t for me training and keeping myself in tick, I think I would have gone mad. I can understand where they are coming from and they are two great champions.

“I hope they give a good show. It can be a good thing.

“In white collar boxing you can be a fireman, dustman, working in an ‘ok, ya’ environment and they go into the ring and there is no age limit, weight limit. What is the difference?”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...ones-jr-fight/

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven’t looked back but is it true they are not allowed to KO each other?
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both men will wear heavier 12-ounce gloves but no head protection across rounds lasting only two minutes each, while there will also be no judges at ringside.

There have been suggestions that the exhibition bout - part of Tyson’s new Legends Only League venture - is likely to more resemble sparring than an actual competitive fight, with claims that neither boxer will be permitted to go for the knockout.

The contest will be refereed by the experienced Ray Corona and is expected to be halted if either Tyson or Jones Jr is cut.

The winner will receive a special ‘Frontline Battle Belt’, specially created by the WBC for his occasion.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/mik...161330318.html

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both men will wear heavier 12-ounce gloves but no head protection across rounds lasting only two minutes each, while there will also be no judges at ringside.

There have been suggestions that the exhibition bout - part of Tyson’s new Legends Only League venture - is likely to more resemble sparring than an actual competitive fight, with claims that neither boxer will be permitted to go for the knockout.

The contest will be refereed by the experienced Ray Corona and is expected to be halted if either Tyson or Jones Jr is cut.

The winner will receive a special ‘Frontline Battle Belt’, specially created by the WBC for his occasion.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/mik...161330318.html
    So RJJ by UD then lol.

Someone (Warren I believe but I forget) said no KO allowed.

Interesting fight.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the equivalent of Tyson Fury v Canelo being fought 2050 ppv $1,000.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the equivalent of Tyson Fury v Canelo being fought 2050 ppv $1,000.
    Canelo vs Tyson now would be Canelo vs Kovalev last year.

Heavy gloves and no KOs literally sets Tyson up for defeat.

I may watch if I cba getting up for unless it is sanctioned I do not care.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. vow violence despite fight being billed as exhibition

Mike Tyson says he’s ready to disable Roy Jones Jr. when the former boxing champions meet Saturday night. Jones says he’s ready to die in the ring.

California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Foster, however, says this is not a real fight, its judges won’t score the scrap or announce a winner, knockdowns are not welcome and the exhibition will be stopped if it comes anything close to Hagler vs. Hearns.

Something has to give when Tyson and Jones mix it up for eight rounds at Staples Center in a pay-per-view event.

The 54-year-old Tyson and the 51-year-old Jones will bring a combined 116 professional wins and 105 years into the ring.

The proceedings will unfold over eight two-minute rounds, with 12-ounce gloves and without headgear, and longtime referee Ray Corona will be policing the action. There even has been anti-doping testing for the match.

The event's producer, Ryan Kavanaugh, is a longtime Hollywood executive who’s investment company Proxima Media is the majority owner of TikTok rival Triller. The social media platform reportedly paid $50 million to broadcast the fight. Kavanaugh is not a boxing promoter, but he might as well be Don King waxing promotional poetic and hinting that the late '80s version of Tyson will be making a comeback.

“This is a real fight in every way. The word exhibition does not actually have a definition in boxing except that it’s not going on a professional record,” Kavanaugh said. “The gloves are slightly a little bit more padded, but it’s like putting a roll of Kleenex in front of a moving truck.

“When [the CSAC] says ‘the fight is for fun’ … Tyson and Jones have made it clear it’s not for fun. The referee is there to make sure no one gets killed, Tyson doesn’t bite [Jones’] ear off or break his arm.”

Foster wants to make sure the marketing is dialed down a notch.

“I talked to Tyson and Jones at the same time and I trust that they are going to give me their word,” said Foster, a former fighter who wants to guarantee safety for the quinquagenarians. “Let’s be clear: I think they are going to hit each other some. I expect it to be a good, hard, boxing exhibition, but not like some kind of [real fight]."

Tyson is set to earn $10 million and Jones will haul in about $3 million. They are maintaining that their fight will be just as engaging as if they met at the turn of the century when they were on a collision course and four-division champion Jones was a heavyweight king as well.

"You got Mike Tyson and Roy Jones," Tyson said. "I’m coming to fight, and I hope he’s coming to fight. That’s all you need to know.”

Jones (66-9, 47 knockouts) backed up Tyson (50-6, 44 KOs) after watching the former heavyweight champion unleash explosive workout videos all year.

"Who goes into the ring with the great, legendary Mike Tyson and thinks, ‘Oh, this is going to be an exhibition?’" Jones said. "12-ounce gloves? No headgear? Really? This is an exhibition? Come on, man. Be for real.’”

Tyson weighed 220.4 pounds and Jones stepped on the scale at 210 Friday at the downtown JW Marriott.

The pay-per-view will launch Triller’s live events business and Tyson’s latest venture in the sports startup Legends Only League. Twenty-one cameras and a 300-person crew will document the event. A 16-episode docuseries preceded it.

Former boxers Christy Martin, Vinny Pazienza and Chad Dawson will score the bout remotely, and a “Frontline Battle Belt” will be awarded.

This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.

https://news.yahoo.com/mike-tyson-ro...022159043.html
    Last edited by Master; 11-28-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you got the event producer promising a war, and the CSAC head saying both fighters "are going to give me their word" that they won't hurt each other.

Yep. This has disaster written all over it.

(BTW, they could've done without the flexing part. )

Thread Information