Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Iron" Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default "Iron" Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr

According to Kevin Iole this is the massive exhibition Tyson has been gearing up for.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...063717889?s=20

I mean it'll be neat to see an exhibition between the two and I'm sure they'll take it easy on each other, but you never know what can happen if one gets riled up enough. Certainly 2 greats in the ring.

Prime vs Prime there's 0 way RJJ hangs with Tyson, absolutely 0. He didn't have the style to deal with Tyson successfully.

Your thoughts?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Iron" Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr

I think Tyson was keeping in shape for his TV programme about Sharks and during the lockdown rumours have spread he will fight Holyfield/Briggs/Fury, get into MMA/UFC etc

Tyson has probably allowed these rumours and videos to be circulated. Some of it has gained traction but I think he will not risk losing his dignity by getting beat up even in an exhibition. It would harm his reputation and future earning potential as well.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This better not be PPV.

I'll watch but I know I'll be disappointed. I just feel like it will open a can of worms for the both of them. Both guys really need to let it go. 8 rounds is WAY too long. At their age, that's like fighting to the death,

Also why has no one addressed the fact that Mike Tyson’s style doesn’t lend itself well to an exhibition match? It’s built around steaming out like a whirlwind, damaging people from the opening seconds. I can’t imagine Tyson shoulder rolling, popping jabs and stepping backwards even in an exhibition fight.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 07-23-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy probably needs the money. I see Roy dance around all fight and Mike run out of gas at about the 2nd round. Nice freakshow if they can keep it at a professional level and make us believe it is a halfway decent fight and bring us into our imagination of how it may have went if it was held 20 years ago.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

The style matchup for this regardless or age, regardless of prime....it's a shitty matchup as far as styles go. Why? Because the rhythms of the styles don't jive.

Tyson wants to initiate contact, get his opponent engaged and hit him with hard combinations.

RJJ wants to counter punch and pot shot and on occasion flurry.

This is leads itself to headbutts, clinches, toe stepping, and all sorts of mayhem. Imagine two dancers trying to lead at the same time.

As absolutely dominant as RJJ was vs Paz he'd be just the opposite vs Tyson (prime for prime) and right now....there's no way either of them have the timing to really make it look good.

Everyone will watch wondering if one of the guys will get hot and throw 100%. I just hope they both make good money and bring in good fans.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike has definitely calmed down over the years, but he is still somewhat of a loose cannon.

He has been training for a while, so it would be great if he just gave up on the fitness work and went on a massive cocaine bender.

Imagine him turning up to the fight looking like a hobo, all unshaven and dirty - frothing at the mouth and screaming obscenities as Jones about wanting to eat his children and killing his entire family.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would rather have the Holyfield III exhibition given the history and slight potential they would come off the wink n nod script and throw some haymakers for a second . Good for charity hopefully and two huge personalities. But small part of me hopes Jones doesn't get accidentally dinged the wrong way or take some embarrassing stumble.

So it is PPV . The start of a 'legends only league' or something and that wanker Jake Paul from YouTube on the undercard ffs.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i not watching this bullshit
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Iron Mike" Tyson, one of the most feared heavyweight punchers of all time..... who even at this old age still packs a punch..... in the ring with an ATG..... but someone who, once his "circuit breaker" was discovered, it was tripped by some very unlikely people, like Glenn Johnson.... and who proceeded to get KO'ed 5 times in his 9 losses.

Yeah ok, it's only an exhibition but.......

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a fan of some of these exhibitions. This could lead to a number of interesting clashes with reduced risk while putting some money in their pockets.

Humberto Gonzalez & Daniel Zaragoza is another exhibition scheduled for August 14th.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t mind the exhibition. If it were an actual sanctioned fight then I would have a problem with it. An exhibition is just a fanfare type of thing. Just watch two legends lightly spar basically. I’ll tune in but won’t really expect much excitement.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Would rather have the Holyfield III exhibition given the history and slight potential they would come off the wink n nod script and throw some haymakers for a second . Good for charity hopefully and two huge personalities. But small part of me hopes Jones doesn't get accidentally dinged the wrong way or take some embarrassing stumble.

So it is PPV . The start of a 'legends only league' or something and that wanker Jake Paul from YouTube on the undercard ffs.

"Legends only League" is for all old age sports stars to earn some money.
    You gotta love Tysons launch pad by picking Jones for this.
    Guarantee this will sell millions of PPV worldwide.

This is a freak show to launchTysons new business venture nothing more.

Mad thing is we'll all be watching

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

"Legends only League" is for all old age sports stars to earn some money.
    You gotta love Tysons launch pad by picking Jones for this.
    Guarantee this will sell millions of PPV worldwide.

This is a freak show to launchTysons new business venture nothing more.

Mad thing is we'll all be watching
    Don't sell some of us short brother . Can't drop a dime with this being ppv but I don't begrudge guys making some coin and charity work. Do you know if DAZN is behind this and plan to carry? Crazy thing is people will actually take this overly serious and the books may make a killing. I'm genuinely concerned about Roy having his wires crossed by an errand heat of the moment shot. Happens in wrestling all the time

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep I'll be watching !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

😁
    It's on some new platform (guarantee Tyson owns it) and only that is showing it.
    The platform is called Triller and Jake Paul v Nate Robinson is on the undercard.
    😂

Thread Information