Mike Tyson has explained why he’s given up smoking marijuana ahead of his upcoming fight with Roy Jones Jr on November 28.

The 54-year-old is making a comeback for an exhibition bout against his 51-year-old rival and preparing his body for war again.

Tyson has undergone electric shock muscle therapy ahead of the fight as one of many modern techniques to ensure he’s ready to box again.

In the most recent years of his retirement, ‘Iron Mike’ has launched his own cannabis company Tyson Holistic Holdings and Tyson Ranch.

The former undisputed heavyweight champion struggled for years with substance abuse including cocaine, but said he found comfort in marijuana.

Earlier this year he revealed he smokes around $40,000 worth per month, but that has now come to a halt.

When asked if he’s still smoking now his fight is set, Tyson said on the Joe Rogan podcast: “Pretty much stopped, when you do something like this it’s all about change.

“Listen, you can’t continue being a comedian if you’re not sharpening your psyche,” he explained to the UFC commentator, who is also a stand-up comic.

“Even when you’re doing this here, you’re practising your comedian act.

“You have to continue to practice.”

Regarding whether he misses the drug, Tyson replied: “I understand the discipline of this stuff.

“What I don’t like about it is that without cannabis I just get mean. I don’t like the mean stuff, I don’t like it.

“I might snap at my wife or my kids, that’s what I don’t like.

“Sometimes I get caught up into my ego, it’s just a struggle but I’m working on it.

“I never worked on it before, so that’s a start, right?”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...omeback-fight/