530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Alex Jones material finding its way on YouTube again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    People have been fired from networks for a hell of a lot less.
    But people haven't been completely "unpersoned" in the way & manner that the powers that be addressed the Alex Jones "problem". That's the crux of my view, like him, don't like him, that's erroneous....hate what he did with Sandy Hook? Erroneous.

Walter Durranty of the New York Times denied The Holodomor, in writing, for the NYT, and won a Pulitzer for his efforts....about 4 Million people/13% of the population of Ukraine at the time were purposely starved to death by Stalin.

Better? Worse? Same? Oh that happened so long ago.

Alex Jones is the canary in the coal mine. If they can unperson him, if they can unperson Milo, if they can unperson Gavin McInnes, if they can unperson Laura Loomer, if they can unperson PRESIDENT TRUMP etc etc then why can't they unperson me or you or anyone else? That's my take.

People should be allowed to say bad shit. People should be able to call out bad shit. Those things should occur in the open for all to see, hear, discuss. But muting someone, shutting their bank account refusing service based solely on political views...that is wrong.

by the way, actual White Supremacist/Nazi, CNN contributor, and Joe Biden voter Richard B. Spencer is still on twitter in case anyone was wondering if there was any kind of limit to what IS or is NOT acceptable to them.

How about just holding people accountable, Kabong?

"Unperson"?? Is this yet another one in what now seems like an avalanche of societal terms I find so hard to keep up with?

You can call it "unperson him." You can call it "cancel him." You can say that those offended were "triggered." Frankly... and with all due respect... I don't give a shit what anyone wants to call it.

Alex Jones should have been held accountable for the pain and suffering he caused on the many parents and families that were destroyed by Sandy Hook.

Again... it wasn't just an emotional outburst, for which he later felt contrition and apologized. NO. He drove the nail home again and again and again.

Had a Sandy Hook parent paid to have him whacked at some point... I would've personally raised money for that person's legal defense.

Why should a person like Jones be allowed a platform to continually spread his brand of hatred, mistrust, misinformation, and just plain social disease?

He can say whatever he feels like in the street, where maybe a precious few will gather round to hang on his every word.

But on social media he's just plain useless and dangerous.

"Canary in the coal mine"?? You mean there are more Alex Joneses out there just waiting to see how much leeway is granted to this jerk so they can establish their own YouTube accounts and gather thousands of followers?

Gee... then I guess in this case it's probably for the better if the "canary suffocates", so the miners know not to go in there.

El Kabong Guest

But Alex Jones WAS held accountable for saying what he said. He has been sued, several times by the parents, he has been ordered to pay for libel.

I'm fine with Alex being sued...but off of YouTube, off of Twitter, off of Facebook, can't use certain banks, can't use PayPal, etc. That's not right and it's happened to many more people up to and including the former President of the United States.

Is it that you don't see what is happening OR do you think "Well it won't happen to me"?...because if you think it won't happen to you I've got to tell you unless your views on transgendered kids change, brace yourself for big time blowback in the coming years should things continue as they are.

This is a "fascist", "corporatist", totalitarian push towards an ideological singularity....it ain't just about Alex Jones which is why many people have chosen to support him even if they disagree with what he said. It's about his right to say it and still be a member of society, that's it....I don't care how much you hate the man, that doesn't matter AT ALL.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we need to make a distinction about people "being held accountable" on 2 different fronts -- I'm all for the law, as every here knows, I'm all for lawsuits going forward and if the plaintiff wins/loses, well them's the breaks. IF Jones loses a lawsuit over Sandy Hook or what have you, then them's the breaks for Alex. Because if the law allows for THAT kind of being held accountable, then that's the law and he lost.

Now there's the "un-personing" bit..... any and every person should be allowed to say bad shit, ugly shit, daring shit, and another person should be allowed to call them out on that. Thats all just freedom of speech. If it can be pursued in court, well then, again, I'm all for it, litigate the fuck away, and whatever the outcome is, well then thats the outcome. System works fine. Laws should be enforced.

But this de-platforming/unpersoning/canceling shit/can't use certain banks/can't use PayPal, etc.... WTF, you can hate someone as much as you want, but punishing them like that because you hate them or you think they "went too far" is just crazy. If it cant be settled in court, well, it means its not a legal matter. And we cannot enforce MORAL matters, can we.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 03-11-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why when there are hundreds of actual journalists, activists and just innocent citizens in Jail in China, Iran, Saudi, Belarus, Egypt, Turkey, Russia etc would you be so worried about defending a vile hate spewing cunt like Alex Jones? Could it possibly be because you are more interested in stoking division and stirring up debate for sick entertainments sake than actually defending real victims of censorship?

When you have your liberty taken and are tortured and your family threatened then that is being cancelled. Not when a private company decides not to host your toddler like pacifier spitting tirades because everyone is sick of your shit.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Why when there are hundreds of actual journalists, activists and just innocent citizens in Jail in China, Iran, Saudi, Belarus, Egypt, Turkey, Russia etc would you be so worried about defending a vile hate spewing cunt like Alex Jones? Could it possibly be because you are more interested in stoking division and stirring up debate for sick entertainments sake than actually defending real victims of censorship?

When you have your liberty taken and are tortured and your family threatened then that is being cancelled. Not when a private company decides not to host your toddler like pacifier spitting tirades because everyone is sick of your shit.
    Because we have freedom of the press and freedom of speech and they don't and as an American I find those freedoms to be important especially when I disagree with what is being reported or said.

Freedom of Speech doesn't mean much when you narrow it down to "acceptable speech". Freedom of the Press turns into propaganda if you're not allowed to question the narrative or do investigative journalism.

Where do you draw the line on free speech and free press Beanz? How about you offer up some boundary lines for us in regards to speech & press and maybe we can have an intelligible discussion about it?

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because we have freedom of the press and freedom of speech and they don't and as an American I find those freedoms to be important especially when I disagree with what is being reported or said.

Freedom of Speech doesn't mean much when you narrow it down to "acceptable speech". Freedom of the Press turns into propaganda if you're not allowed to question the narrative or do investigative journalism.

Where do you draw the line on free speech and free press Beanz? How about you offer up some boundary lines for us in regards to speech & press and maybe we can have an intelligible discussion about it?

Your opinion is worth less than fuck all. Seriously why would i discuss anything with you? You are like Alex Jones, nothing more than a troll.

Investigative Journalism?

NOBODY has stopped Alex Jones saying what the fuck he likes. NOBODY is under obligation to offer him a platform just like nobody is under obligation to offer you one here. For way too long you have set the tone and now her you are lashing out not just at Kirkland and me , but at Slim and Spicoli and Master and anyone that doesn't blow smoke up your arse, talking down to us like children when most of us are old enough to be your parent.

Wanker.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle's answer was 100% correct. IF there is no legal case against someone, then they are not to be un-personed/financially punished/banned from PayPal or certain banks, etc. just because you, a windbag near water, dont like what they say. YOu cannot draw the line El Kabong has requested you draw, so you have bottled it and said his opinion means fuck all. A convenient bottling operation there. It is YOUR acceptance/poo-pooing of this cancel culture/unpersoning shit that leads to fascism over time, step by step, until only "acceptable"speech remains.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 03-11-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Lyle's answer was 100% correct and Beanz you have nothing you can possibly say to it that makes any sense whatsoever to anyone with a brain. We will never give up freedom of speech here unlike you have over there.

Freedom of speech is wasted on the pair of you when you both use it to shut other people down. It is what you do. It is suffocating to share a forum with personalities like yours that seek out and enjoy provoking conflict. Get a life. When I told you about supporting REAL victims of censorship you both just laughed and mocked me and my family for doing so. It was all SJW shit to you two. You didn't care if they were female freedom fighters or formerly jailed western journalists, gay activists or people fighting for disabled rights. It was all a joke.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your opinion is worth less than fuck all. Seriously why would i discuss anything with you? You are like Alex Jones, nothing more than a troll.

NOBODY has stopped Alex Jones saying what the fuck he likes. NOBODY is under obligation to offer him a platform just like nobody is under obligation to offer you one here. For way too long you have set the tone and now her you are lashing out not just at Kirkland and me , but at Slim and Spicoli and Master and anyone that doesn't blow smoke up your arse, talking down to us like children when most of us are old enough to be your parent.

Wanker.
    Why are you behaving like a petulant child? Talk it out with Lyle. All he is arguing is that freedom of speech comes with hearing views you do not agree with too.

Lyle is rather Chomskian in that regard. I consider it a positive and he probably thinks 'Damn, he is comparing me to a Lefty'.

The point stands though. You do not shut down the means for someone to function just because they offend you. Just change the channel. I suspect it is more about popularity. People generally like Jones and that is what is deemed risky.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Wanker.
    Why are you behaving like a petulant child? Talk it out with Lyle. All he is arguing is that freedom of speech comes with hearing views you do not agree with too.

Lyle is rather Chomskian in that regard. I consider it a positive and he probably thinks 'Damn, he is comparing me to a Lefty'.

The point stands though. You do not shut down the means for someone to function just because they offend you. Just change the channel. I suspect it is more about popularity. People generally like Jones and that is what is deemed risky.

Don't pretend it is about freedom of speech. It is about protecting your own. Somebody that you think useful to use as a means to avoid changing anything one iota. You are all ideologues wedded to a very narrow set of non values that you use to demonise anyone else who does not subscribe to them. That is Jones' whole schtick. No responsibility at all. Hound grieving parents, refuse to pay refunds, shout at people until you go beetroot, the bloke is a fuckwit but his entire career is built on abusing the very rights that have been extended to him.

Stop pretending he is some kind of political dissident or vanguard or truth. He profits by telling lies. If you think that is where you energies should be expended, then so be it, but do not expect others to entertain your childish fancies.

Look at you here like Brock with his dislikes trying to tell people what tone to employ as though any of you did anything to create this forum as a platform in the first place. All any of you ever do is bitch about it .
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Wanker.
    So that's a "No" on the discussion then?

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wanker.
    So that's a "No" on the discussion then?

You have hounded people off the forum and continue to treat fellow posters with disdain. Nobody at this points owes you anything. You are impossible to discuss anything with because the forum is nothing more than a soapbox to you. You want it to be a right wing echo chamber, and to be honest i am tempted to let you have it.

It is full of bullies and racists PMing like housewives behind posters back and throwing threats around if people do not keep their mouth shut.

You can have these boards and the Zoom chat you will probably be flavour of the month while you are useful.

Just don't actually believe in anything, or show any kind of emotion or passion. That for many dicks here is a sign of weakness.

Fuck that kind of forum.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But Alex Jones WAS held accountable for saying what he said. He has been sued, several times by the parents, he has been ordered to pay for libel.

I'm fine with Alex being sued...but off of YouTube, off of Twitter, off of Facebook, can't use certain banks, can't use PayPal, etc. That's not right and it's happened to many more people up to and including the former President of the United States.

Is it that you don't see what is happening OR do you think "Well it won't happen to me"?...because if you think it won't happen to you I've got to tell you unless your views on transgendered kids change, brace yourself for big time blowback in the coming years should things continue as they are.

This is a "fascist", "corporatist", totalitarian push towards an ideological singularity....it ain't just about Alex Jones which is why many people have chosen to support him even if they disagree with what he said. It's about his right to say it and still be a member of society, that's it....I don't care how much you hate the man, that doesn't matter AT ALL.

Look... I don't get the bank or the PayPal thing, unless I'm missing something in the translation. But let's talk about YouTube, Twitter, etc.

Would it be ok if he got on YouTube and clearly incited violence against a certain group? Would that fall under freedom of speech and that's all there is to that? It's one thing saying something in the street or at a corner bar where your audience is limited, and the worse thing that could happen is someone doesn't like what you're saying and beats the crap out of you. It's quite another to take advantage of two new developments of the 21st century.... social media, and gullible, itchy trigger finger bastards.

Why the dogged insistence of using the easy, go-to, blanket protection of something like freedom of speech to defend and (wink wink) turn your head on people who are determined to stoke the flames of hatred, mistrust, and division among the easily persuaded? Aren't we capable as a society to discern between what is truly meant by freedom of speech and what shouldn't be allowed? Is that too complicated a task? It's pretty obvious that many people nowadays are weak-minded, and represent easy prey for those with a powerful platform and a big mouth. It's too simplistic to brush that off with constitutional amendments which, again... were meant for the good of man, and under those times and circumstances. Not meant to be used as a crutch by opportunistic hate-mongers.

YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook may be social platforms. But they have to answer to regulatory authorities whose task is either necessary and good, or overreaching and evil.... depending on what your beliefs are.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Look... I don't get the bank or the PayPal thing, unless I'm missing something in the translation. But let's talk about YouTube, Twitter, etc.

Would it be ok if he got on YouTube and clearly incited violence against a certain group? Would that fall under freedom of speech and that's all there is to that? It's one thing saying something in the street or at a corner bar where your audience is limited, and the worse thing that could happen is someone doesn't like what you're saying and beats the crap out of you. It's quite another to take advantage of two new developments of the 21st century.... social media, and gullible, itchy trigger finger bastards.

Why the dogged insistence of using the easy, go-to, blanket protection of something like freedom of speech to defend and (wink wink) turn your head on people who are determined to stoke the flames of hatred, mistrust, and division among the easily persuaded? Aren't we capable as a society to discern between what is truly meant by freedom of speech and what shouldn't be allowed? Is that too complicated a task? It's pretty obvious that many people nowadays are weak-minded, and represent easy prey for those with a powerful platform and a big mouth. It's too simplistic to brush that off with constitutional amendments which, again... were meant for the good of man, and under those times and circumstances. Not meant to be used as a crutch by opportunistic hate-mongers.

YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook may be social platforms. But they have to answer to regulatory authorities whose task is either necessary and good, or overreaching and evil.... depending on what your beliefs are.
    Dude our government does that daily with all this racial shit. They stoke the flames and we got nuts burning down neighbor hoods, yup it’s still going on, just doesn’t get coverage

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito you will come to your own conclusions but the reason they use the freedom of speech thing is that racist bullshit is rampant here and always has been. We have forum members including mods demanding the right to be racist as though it were a freedom they want to go unchallenged.

We have posters who question whether racism even exists, posters who quote the bell curve and quite clearly believe in Eugenics, posters who belong to segregated fraternal orders that were founded on the ignorant mocking of Arabs and Islam, posters who think white power and white supremacy are nothing to be worried about, posters who deny the holocaust, posters who for years were indulged as they repeated antisemitic tropes and a general attitude to immigration and non white culture that makes it quite clear how backwards, ignorant and bigoted many of them are.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information