Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  243
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Attend

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Pleasure talking to you all. Will be joining as regularly as I can.

For anyone that’s wondering. Yes, beanz spent the whole time shouting at people.

He also said I sound like Worzel Gummidge which however accurate is completely out of order. I’ll be finding out where he lives in due course and sorting him out. Probably have a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake afterwards.

Cool.

Dr. Jekyll was by all accounts a wonderful man as well.
    Do you like fishsticks?

Is that a dinner offer?

Do you like putting fishsticks in your mouth?

Hmm... I'm beginning to think it's not a dinner invitation.

Actually, I'm not a South Park fan... but I'm pretty sure you fucked up the joke.
    Tito lost in translation mate.😁

Not really bro. But I see my attempt at sarcasm went whizzing over your head.

On another note... it's heartening to see vile hostilities swept under the rug via Zoom meetings.

The Plymouth poodle has been left unattended to bite people's ankels long enough time to give that poodle a kick.

And this was one of the more printable ones.

Must be a UK thing. Insult each other within an inch of your lives... and then incessantly kiss each other's asses.
    Tito no ass kissing at all remember it's all keyboard warrior rubbish nothing more nobody was murdered or hurt just egos.!
    My Latino firebrand there were just words handbags at dawn as we say all bollocks nothing to lose any sleep over.
    Fuck it's easy to get along peace brother just chill Rich.🙂

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Pleasure talking to you all. Will be joining as regularly as I can.

For anyone that’s wondering. Yes, beanz spent the whole time shouting at people.

He also said I sound like Worzel Gummidge which however accurate is completely out of order. I’ll be finding out where he lives in due course and sorting him out. Probably have a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake afterwards.

Cool.

Dr. Jekyll was by all accounts a wonderful man as well.
    Do you like fishsticks?

Is that a dinner offer?

Do you like putting fishsticks in your mouth?

Hmm... I'm beginning to think it's not a dinner invitation.

Actually, I'm not a South Park fan... but I'm pretty sure you fucked up the joke.
    Tito lost in translation mate.😁

Not really bro. But I see my attempt at sarcasm went whizzing over your head.

On another note... it's heartening to see vile hostilities swept under the rug via Zoom meetings.

The Plymouth poodle has been left unattended to bite people's ankels long enough time to give that poodle a kick.

And this was one of the more printable ones.

Must be a UK thing. Insult each other within an inch of your lives... and then incessantly kiss each other's asses.
    Tito no ass kissing at all remember it's all keyboard warrior rubbish nothing more nobody was murdered or hurt just egos.!
    My Latino firebrand there were just words handbags at dawn as we say all bollocks nothing to lose any sleep over.
    Fuck it's easy to get along peace brother just chill Rich.🙂

Respect bro. But you're old enough to know how it is. (Or maybe I was right and it IS a cultural thing).

For instance... you and I could have a go at it for a while and eventually forget about it and be pals.

Brock and I had our tiffs but that's been swept under the rug and we're pretty friendly now.

Miles and I haven't always seen eye to eye... but it's all good and the mutual respect remains.

The keyboard warrior stuff is all well and good, Rich... and I understand it.

But once in a while it takes more than just forgive and forget... and not everyone is trustworthy when they extend the olive branch with one hand while holding a sharp dagger in the other.

I can't imagine 5% of the shit slung back and forth on this forum being slung face-to-face and not resulting in major trouble.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan.

I offered to not be there so that you could partake and then you insisted it was not me stopping you from joining.

Then it turns out that all along actually it was me, but you did not want to admit that.

Why?

That is a bit odd.

At the end of the day we have all stepped over the line and let's be honest, you are hardly exempt from that.

I am happy to drop it, but you seem so addicted to the hostilities that you are turning down the opportunity for a meet up that you have for years said you would enjoy.

You want to give it to me both barrels. I don't give a shit. If it will make you feel better then Fire away.

Don't punish yourself to make a point though.

The worst that can happen is that one of us leaves the meeting.

It is a crying shame that Gandalf and El KaBong and many other Saddo veterans can't swallow their pride a bit and at least join once for 15 minutes.

Crazy waste
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan.

I offered to not be there so that you could partake and then you insisted it was not me stopping you from joining.

Then it turns out that all along actually it was me, but you did not want to admit that.

Why?

That is a bit odd.

At the end of the day we have all stepped over the line and let's be honest, you are hardly exempt from that.

I am happy to drop it, but you seem so addicted to the hostilities that you are turning down the opportunity for a meet up that you have for years said you would enjoy.

You want to give it to me both barrels. I don't give a shit. If it will make you feel better then Fire away.

It is a crying shame that Gandalf and El KaBong and many other Saddo veterans can't swallow their pride a bit and at least join once for 15 minutes.

Crazy waste

The civility you're showing now is the civility you should show all the time.

The bare bones truth about my not joining the Zoom meetings is a bit of both, if it'll make things clearer.

No... I do NOT have a lot of time at the moment that I can spare at a Zoom meeting.

And no... the prospect of talking and or seeing you isn't a pleasant one, given all the insults you've hurled over the years.

That we've all stepped over the line... you're right. I've never claimed otherwise.

But one thing is stepping over the line and realizing it (even apologizing for it if need be)... and quite another is to trample the line with both feet while laughing evilly the whole time.

I don't enjoy these tits-for-tats... as I'm pretty sure you don't either, no matter how many smilies you accompany your posts with. It's our human condition.

I have brought up Lyle as an example.

He and I used to clash horribly over a great big number of topics: Trump, guns, you name it.

Somewhere along the line we both decided it wasn't worth it to keep doing that.

We're both adult men... and deserve some respect. Heated discussions are cool. Maybe even the occasional attack.

You say "you're happy to drop it." Are you though? It's not like this is the first time. You don't see me asking for the occasional "truce."

I think if you really want to normalize things with someone, you can.

If you notice I still trash Trump as much as I always have (maybe even more). Doesn't matter to me that Lyle is a big Trump fan. We argue anyway.

Anyway... I'm rambling.

I'll try to maintain my optimism that someday maybe the constant hostilities will cease.

Shit... it's not like we've all been here 6 months or so. We're pretty much all 10+ year veterans here. That should count for something.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zoom passed exon mobile in market cap. Take a look at the earnings of the two companies. Quite amazing.

https://247wallst.com/investing/2020...xon-mobil/amp/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan.

Why?

That is a bit odd.

Crazy waste
    So it’s about swallowing pride is it? and still the begging continues. People who don’t wish to join your little Zoom club have all said “but hey, crack on, enjoy!”
    But the “Pro Zoomers” are all about “Man up, Swallow your pride, what’s to lose, yadda yadda.” Let it fucking go , accept that some people don’t want to speak to you “face to face”and enjoy your 7 o’clock club.
    Cue the replies from his tag team pals.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Titofan.

Why?

That is a bit odd.

Crazy waste
    So it’s about swallowing pride is it? and still the begging continues. People who don’t wish to join your little Zoom club have all said “but hey, crack on, enjoy!”
    But the “Pro Zoomers” are all about “Man up, Swallow your pride, what’s to lose, yadda yadda.” Let it fucking go , accept that some people don’t want to speak to you “face to face”and enjoy your 7 o’clock club.

Yes swallowing pride. Ark at yourself trying to extend hostilities and acting all innocent. The whole point of the Zoom meeting thing is to put an end to little clubs and gangs. That is such a bullshit part of the forum that we can all do without. If you don't want to participate then why are you in this thread putting so much effort into trying to trivialize a genuine open invitation to add another dimension to the forum?

I would take you seriously if you showed an ounce of non partisan honesty and neutrality, but the sad truth is you seem blind to the extended efforts of many here to do anything to engineer a never ending flame war, which they will then blame on anyone but themselves.

These are people that have attacked and continue to attack not just me, but my family, and things way beyond my control, and yet here you are castigating me for being the one willing to let all that go in an effort to put an end once and for all to the bullshit flame wars.

Those wars happens because of misunderstandings about the intent and tone of written posts that simply can not be so easily misconstrued when talking face to face. It is as simple as that.

You don't want to take part, no problem, but don't go and stick up for people who are more than willing to throw the garden shed at someone and then cry when someone throws a trowel back, and pretend that you are not the one begging for hostilities to continue.

You sound a bit Zoom/Curious to be honest mate. That is fine. There are no rules and nobody HAS to wear a dress. It is entirely Optional.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan.

Why?

That is a bit odd.

Crazy waste
    Only logged into one call but it was a good laugh and definitely will again when I can so to that end, I'm a "pro zoomer".

It would be good if others joined but at the end of the day, I don't really care. Do, don't, meh. Some people just don't want to. Some people, there's a bit more to it.

I don't care if you swallow a mans pride or whatever. You do you and enjoy yourself.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan.

Why?

That is a bit odd.

Crazy waste

Those wars happens because of misunderstandings about the intent and tone of written posts that simply can not be so easily misconstrued when talking face to face. It is as simple as that.

"Misunderstandings"......... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Stop it Beanie, you're killing me here! Too bad Miles is banned (again) so I can't ask him about the hundreds of pages of (cough) "misunderstood" posts from you in your interminable little wars.

This is too easy.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan.

Why?

That is a bit odd.

Crazy waste

"Misunderstandings"......... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Stop it Beanie, you're killing me here! Too bad Miles is banned (again) so I can't ask him about the hundreds of pages of (cough) "misunderstood" posts from you in your interminable little wars.

This is too easy.

Gandalf banned himself. Hopefully that will not stop him from joining on Saturday along with you and El Kabong. At this point though it is quite clear you are both more than capable of arguing with a mirror.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the zoom meetings we have great laugh of course a wide variety of topics are on the table. Steve does a excellent job of hosting I really don't give a shit what anyone says knocking the meeting your the ones loosing out.! 🙂

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are ALL invited to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Members and non-members alike. ALL people on EARTH. Even on the Moon.

Topic: SaddoZoom 15
    Time: Oct 24, 2020 07:00 PM London Time = (2 p.m. EST Time/NY Time......1 p.m. Central Time.......12 p.m. Mountain Time........)

Join Zoom Meeting: go to....... zoom.us .........***no need to download the app, just click on "Join A Meeting" ***

Meeting ID: 590 235 3565
    Passcode: cheras19

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not knocking the meetings. I had three zoom meetings so far this week. Now that me and beanz are bff until the next blow up beanz and I are doing private zoom meetings where we talk about how screwed up all of you are

Ho! Ho!

Ha! Ha!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a Zoom meeting. But I wanted to gauge opinion on just how unprofessional this is of me. Today, I held a Teams meeting from the back of my car because I was out shopping. I was the meeting organizer. It's been in the calendar for a week. I was 20 minutes late.

That's acceptable behaviour right?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I’m not knocking the meetings. I had three zoom meetings so far this week. Now that me and beanz are bff until the next blow up beanz and I are doing private zoom meetings where we talk about how screwed up all of you are

Ho! Ho!

Ha! Ha!

You wish. Just grow up and either not pretend you are so special that you can't eat cake with the commoners or go and wind your watches up.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information