Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  243
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Attend

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Looking forward to tomorrow.
    @Master will you be on board?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Looking forward to tomorrow.
    @Master will you be on board?
    I am having technical difficulties but if I can get them resolved I will be.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another great call.
    If you are uncertain about it, join the call. It is a ton of fun

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another great call.
    Grey I really enjoyed zoom you are great company mate.🙂

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Another great call.
    Grey I really enjoyed zoom you are great company mate.🙂
    Yes he is! I'm glad that people are enjoying this so much.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Beanz wear the hat tomorrow and @walrus promises to be there

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

Walrus will not tun up and i am not sure i want to to be honest.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Gee that really hurts my feelings, you know I’m really invested in what you think of me.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Well it looks like then you will be the one who bows out over political disagreements when you in fact were the one who said that agreeing to disagree should not get in the way of the zoom meetings but by all means do what you feel most comfortable doing, and whatever it is we will all accept it. Hope you're on there.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So we'll see you in about 35 minutes on the zoom call then?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So we'll see you in about 35 minutes on the zoom call then?
    Crickets on that one bwaaaahahaha 😆

Anyway if Joe is not catching any more criminals we will look forward to seeing him as well this Saturday. Walurs may be busy and it's possible that Denison may be joining us from what I hear. Plus two Turkish guys and then there's dia bando and he claims that dark lord Al may be on there as well so that will be good for me and for Charlie and for beans

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking at the virtual carnage in some of the threads here, it's amazing to me that people who engage in racist behavior and language, and who constantly cross the lines of personal respect, can still get on a Zoom meeting like nothing ever happened. Hey, I'm all for forgive and forget but.... on a daily, flip-flopping basis? C'mon man.

Before anyone brings up throwing stones from a glass house, yes... I've engaged in my share of insult-hurling and yes... it's been personal in nature. But if anything, I'm pretty steadfast in my views and preferences. I don't go calling someone the scum of the earth and worse... and then go tip-toeing through the tulips hand in hand immediately after. Maybe it's due to culture... maybe it's due to character... maybe it's due to some combination of those. It just doesn't seem right to me.

I've noticed others on here who, without coming out and saying so, share the views I've just stated. They're just a bit more reserved and, seeing the eternal fireworks in the forum over a good number of years, who can blame them.

Racist views and comments are a constant topic here. I don't believe there are any outwardly racists here. They wouldn't have lasted too long. But racist views, to the keen observer, will lead to subtle slips of the keyboard, and provide a glimpse of how some people really feel. The clichéd line of "some of my best friends are (blank)" is so pathetically transparent and well known in society, it's incredible it would be used here by anyone with reasonable intelligence. And yet it has.

We all possess diametrically opposed views on any number of topics here. Problem is we have this frustrating inability to express those without eventually getting personal.

I'm not espousing holding onto a grudge forever. I just think when you've crossed certain lines.... scratch that... when you've stomped all over those lines with both feet until they're all but gone... it takes more than "oh hey, let's talk about the upcoming boxing card", to repair the damage.

To me, the biggest thing is trust. Even if I don't share your views... if I can trust you to be the same person today that you were yesterday... and that you'll be tomorrow... I can usually find common ground and go from there. The also clichéd line of "agree to disagree" has to be one of the biggest crocks of shit in history. Sounds wise when you say it... but the implementation sucks.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Looking at the virtual carnage in some of the threads here, it's amazing to me that people who engage in racist behavior and language, and who constantly cross the lines of personal respect, can still get on a Zoom meeting like nothing ever happened. Hey, I'm all for forgive and forget but.... on a daily, flip-flopping basis? C'mon man.

Before anyone brings up throwing stones from a glass house, yes... I've engaged in my share of insult-hurling and yes... it's been personal in nature. But if anything, I'm pretty steadfast in my views and preferences. I don't go calling someone the scum of the earth and worse... and then go tip-toeing through the tulips hand in hand immediately after. Maybe it's due to culture... maybe it's due to character... maybe it's due to some combination of those. It just doesn't seem right to me.

I've noticed others on here who, without coming out and saying so, share the views I've just stated. They're just a bit more reserved and, seeing the eternal fireworks in the forum over a good number of years, who can blame them.

Racist views and comments are a constant topic here. I don't believe there are any outwardly racists here. They wouldn't have lasted too long. But racist views, to the keen observer, will lead to subtle slips of the keyboard, and provide a glimpse of how some people really feel. The clichéd line of "some of my best friends are (blank)" is so pathetically transparent and well known in society, it's incredible it would be used here by anyone with reasonable intelligence. And yet it has.

We all possess diametrically opposed views on any number of topics here. Problem is we have this frustrating inability to express those without eventually getting personal.

I'm not espousing holding onto a grudge forever. I just think when you've crossed certain lines.... scratch that... when you've stomped all over those lines with both feet until they're all but gone... it takes more than "oh hey, let's talk about the upcoming boxing card", to repair the damage.

To me, the biggest thing is trust. Even if I don't share your views... if I can trust you to be the same person today that you were yesterday... and that you'll be tomorrow... I can usually find common ground and go from there. The also clichéd line of "agree to disagree" has to be one of the biggest crocks of shit in history. Sounds wise when you say it... but the implementation sucks.
    It can be, but when your constantly called racist and you bring out examples of your everyday interactions to show how of the mark the accusation is that’s how it goes. But that’s why the racist thing is flung about, any response is unacceptable, it’s meant to shut down the other side

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have just set up with a Mexican family across the border for four weekends of English language learning.. I will be teaching the parents and all four of their children Saturdays and Sundays for four consecutive weekends starting tomorrow, through February 13th which is a Saturday
    Setting up the payment is a little strange as they are going to pay me in Mexican pesos and I am not allowed to bring out of Mexico more than a certain amount of pesos
    I will not be renting out the table at the Farmers market in Tamaulipas therefore for the next four weeks in a row. Teaching English pays a lot more than selling fruits and vegetables trust me

Thread Information