Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  243
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Attend

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

"SaddoZoom3"

Description: Saddo Fun for All Members and Non-Members

Aug 15, 2020 07:00 PM London UK Time (that is the same as 2 PM EST or New York City Time)

Meeting ID: 590 235 3565
    SecurityPasscode: cheras19

go to zoom.us and then top right of screen , click on JOIN A MEETING, then enter Meeting ID and Passcode above. PLEASE ENABLE YOUR AUDIO.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 08-14-2020 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Cracked a wisdom tooth and seem to have simultaneously twisted my back out of whack. Attendance in doubt as I am currently heavily self medicated to the point of word slur salad and my gimp suit won't be back from cleaners in time for zoom anyway. Wishing you all a great experience

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Cracked a wisdom tooth and seem to have simultaneously twisted my back out of whack. Attendance in doubt as I am currently heavily self medicated to the point of word slur salad and my gimp suit won't be back from cleaners in time for zoom anyway. Wishing you all a great experience
    @Spicoli sorry to hear that, how did you crack it? So far back in the jaw, you musta been chewing popcorn seeds or something. Take care and if you wanna join in even heavily medicated, it would be a blast! Give it a whirl LOL.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"SaddoZoom3"

Aug 15, 2020 07:00 PM London UK Time (that is the same as 2 PM EST or New York City Time)

go to zoom.us and then top right of screen , click on JOIN A MEETING, then enter Meeting ID and Passcode above. PLEASE ENABLE YOUR AUDIO.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    "SaddoZoom3"

meeting starts in 20 minutes @Master please join

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Spicoli sorry to hear that, how did you crack it? So far back in the jaw, you musta been chewing popcorn seeds or something. Take care and if you wanna join in even heavily medicated, it would be a blast! Give it a whirl LOL.
    Mini Heath bar, should have known better but sweet tooth gonna sweet tooth . Cracked it right up.

The zoom happen today? Were there highlights

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mini Heath bar, should have known better but sweet tooth gonna sweet tooth . Cracked it right up.

The zoom happen today? Were there highlights
    FROZEN mini Heath, maybe Good thing it wasnt a BUtterfinger, that shit can crunch and cut you up.

Yeah the Zoom was great, we had a Doctor, a Cremator and an IT/sound engineer/pirate, plus me and 2 others tried to join in :"Your (2) attendees are waiting to join the Zoom meeting", it was a Samsung and an iPhone, but when I enabled their cameras and audios, their connection was lost.

Anyway Rich and Beanz and I and the Doctor all had a great time, it was great fun. The 2 other attendees MAY have been Alpha and @greynotsold.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously.. Most of us have been here for 10yrs plus. People have repeatedly talked of meet ups here in Europe or stateside and it ain't going to happen. Petey going to Oz to meet @Andre was one of the highlights for me in the last 11years and @MARKTKO has taken the initiative in meeting both Gandalf and Master but here is the chance for more Saddos to actually see and hear who they have been spending countless hours conversing with for years.

I know it will not be for everyone but I am amazed more are not even a little curious or interested in at least popping in and saying hello. Its 2020 and the worse that can happen is that a lot of your own assumptions can be burst and some of the vitriol can be taken out of disagreements here on the forum. Hell you may even end up liking fellas you thought we're complete aresholes.

Its not university challange or a frat party but you can bring your own beer and ask any questions you like or just chill as and say howdy or whatoh.

What have you got to lose?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Seriously.. Most of us have been here for 10yrs plus. People have repeatedly talked of meet ups here in Europe or stateside and it ain't going to happen. Petey going to Oz to meet @Andre was one of the highlights for me in the last 11years and @MARKTKO has taken the initiative in meeting both Gandalf and Master but here is the chance for more Saddos to actually see and hear who they have been spending countless hours conversing with for years.

I know it will not be for everyone but I am amazed more are not even a little curious or interested in at least popping in and saying hello. Its 2020 and the worse that can happen is that a lot of your own assumptions can be burst and some of the vitriol can be taken out of disagreements here on the forum. Hell you may even end up liking fellas you thought we're complete aresholes.

Its not university challange or a frat party but you can bring your own beer and ask any questions you like or just chill as and say howdy or whatoh.

I’m really pleased you’re having a good time with it, and it’s not a terrible idea. Each to their own.
    But seriously, why the hard sell? It’s almost like you’re on a commission or something. If people want to join in, they will, if they don’t , they won’t.
    But yours and Brock’s constant banging on probably puts people that were mildly inquisitive off.
    I can only talk for myself though.
    Hope you get what you want out of it.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I’m really pleased you’re having a good time with it, and it’s not a terrible idea. Each to their own.
    But seriously, why the hard sell? It’s almost like you’re on a commission or something. If people want to join in, they will, if they don’t , they won’t.
    But yours and Brock’s constant banging on probably puts people that were mildly inquisitive off.

Projection on your part mate. Seriously, a post that took about a minute to write is hardly the hard sell.

I am quite happy not to be a part if it means others want to join in. Face to face stuff is very hard for me, and not exactly part of my comfort zone, and my life right now is more stressed and hectic than it has been for years, but i still managed it. It is what it is.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Projection on your part mate. Seriously, a post that took about a minute to write is hardly the hard sell.

I am quite happy not to be a part if it means others want to join in. Face to face stuff is very hard for me, and not exactly part of my comfort zone, and my life right now is more stressed and hectic than it has been for years, but i still managed it. It is what it is.

I have nothing against it and probably would've even considered it yesterday..... had I not been so swamped both with planned and unplanned stuff from dawn to dusk. I'd probably pop in eventually if it became a regular thing.

But seriously..... it would probably be easier for some (myself included) if arguments weren't so personal all the time.

It may be a cultural thing.... but I would venture to say some of us don't warm up too easily or quickly to someone who has spent the last few years insulting us over the Internet.

Don't take this personally, it's just a general comment.

Me..... I tend to let a lot of shit roll off my back (figuratively speaking )......... but I'll only pop in if "What's-His-Face" isn't around.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember most of this keyboard warrior bollocks is what it is ! really know hard sell on attending a zoom meeting.
    Shit I am 60 I have been talking to Steve on Skype then WhatsApp for 7 or so years.
    Those who want to attend welcome remember chaps it's a bit of fun not life and death .👍

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Remember most of this keyboard warrior bollocks is what it is ! really know hard sell on attending a zoom meeting.
    Shit I am 60 I have been talking to Steve on Skype then WhatsApp for 7 or so years.
    Those who want to attend welcome remember chaps it's a bit of fun not life and death .👍

You and Steve are friends, though, and do not insult each other. I know what you mean..... it's a bit of fun and not life or death. But personal insults, whether face to face or over the forum can sometimes take a bit of a toll. To pretend otherwise is unrealistic. Not speaking for myself only..... as in my own case I'm pretty adept at putting things in their respective bucket. I'm not gonna swear off anyone because we've had some personal battles on the forum. Again.... I'm pretty sure I'll be popping at some point, since I was one who constantly talked about meeting up.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ykdadamaja it started 2 p.m. EST which is 7 p.m. UK Time. It went1 hour.

Zoom has a 1 hour time limit. Cuts off automatically. So when you tried joining, the meeting was finished.

Yes, we'll be doing it EVERY SATURDAY, same time. I'll try to keep the same Meeting ID # and Passcode to make it convenient.

Just check this thread every Saturday by noon, in case there is any updated Passcode.

SaddoZoom4 coming up! Saturday August 22

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

You and Steve are friends, though, and do not insult each other. I know what you mean..... it's a bit of fun and not life or death. But personal insults, whether face to face or over the forum can sometimes take a bit of a toll. To pretend otherwise is unrealistic. Not speaking for myself only..... as in my own case I'm pretty adept at putting things in their respective bucket. I'm not gonna swear off anyone because we've had some personal battles on the forum. Again.... I'm pretty sure I'll be popping at some point, since I was one who constantly talked about meeting up.
    Tito no pressure mate anyone can join a meeting if they wish to the logistics to have a meet up face to face would be impossible this is the next best thing !.
    Shit I must have insulted everyone on the forum in my time 😁 I have given and had many back but a tip Tito as you go older you don't take things to heart.

Thread Information