Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  243
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Attend

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

I will not attend unless beanz is there

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

@SlimTrae we're starting now

meeting id: 590 235 3565
    passcode: Cheras19

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I will not attend unless beanz is there
    Beanz is here right now, now you join

meeting id: 590 235 3565
    passcode: Cheras19

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ANOTHER EXTENDED scheduled Zoom meeting: 5 MINUTES FROM NOW

Topic: My Meeting
    Time: Mar 6, 2021 08:30 PM UK TIME: 3;30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/5902353565...NxRnNvdUNEdz09

Meeting ID: 590 235 3565
    Passcode: cheras19

@walrus @Master @erics44 @ykdadamaja @SlimTrae @ryanman @Denilson3.0 @X @Ron Swanson @ron @Dark Lord Al

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will not be attending anymore of these Zoom calls. If me being there on occasion was putting you off then now is the time to give it a shot. Most of the fellas taking part are as sound as, but I am not going to pretend that everyone there is someone I want to waste even 5 minutes with. We are not all the same, and horses for courses and all that, but sometimes you have to actually draw a line in the sand, and that line has been pissed all over now.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I will not be attending anymore of these Zoom calls. If me being there on occasion was putting you off then now is the time to give it a shot. Most of the fellas taking part are as sound as, but I am not going to pretend that everyone there is someone I want to waste even 5 minutes with. We are not all the same, and horses for courses and all that, but sometimes you have to actually draw a line in the sand, and that line has been pissed all over now.
    It's like the 3rd time you've said this since last August. Any line you feel has been pissed all over is a line you would well not grab so tightly to and maybe lighten up a bit. All 3 times I have told you that's fine, it's up to you to join or not join. The Zooms will not be the better without you, but if that's what you want, then OK. YOU are always welcome to log in whether tomorrow, or any other Saturday. Hopefully you will change your mind. Cheers.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always found it difficult to exchange constant, vicious, personal insults with someone... and then pretend nothing ever happened and pop in for a Zoom Saturday brunch.

Create and maintain even a modicum of respect... and then aspire to face-to-face meetings.

But hey, to each his own.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now if you don’t want to attend these Zoom meetings anymore, obviously that’s absolutely fine. But.

1. A couple of months ago , if I had very eloquently written the above post rather than you, you would’ve been saying “ come on, what have you got to lose, have the guts to try it, what’s not to like, yadda yadda yadda.”
    2. Why the need for a big press announcement? Why not just PM Brock and say “Brock , I think you’re a prick , I ain’t bothering with this Zoom bollocks anymore. Oh , and I’m breaking friends with you!”
    So like I always said , good luck with your Zooms, it’s just not for Me. But you have proved Me right all along.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I've always found it difficult to exchange constant, vicious, personal insults with someone... and then pretend nothing ever happened and pop in for a Zoom Saturday brunch.

Create and maintain even a modicum of respect... and then aspire to face-to-face meetings.

I too have always found that difficult but I took this as a personal challenge to try to learn how to get along better with others who might be diametrically opposed in many ways. Up until recently we have really had about six straight months of pleasant meetings and no problems really in terms of the vicious attacks that you refer to above until only maybe the past week or two. I am quite tired as are several other people here of being labeled by a certain someone unfairly. I don't think there are any fascists on here and it gets pretty tiring to keep getting accused of that. So if he is the one who does not want to join the zoom meetings anymore it is fine with me. I think it has gone too far in the past two weeks and I totally agree at this point that going forward from here would be difficult on a face-to-face meeting. For several months everything seemed okay but then the keyboard warrior stuff would start up again the following week leading up to the next Zoom and it would get more and more bizarre imagining a face-to-face meeting on the next one after being called a fascist all week long. So I do totally agree at this point it was really no point in it at all anymore with individuals who are so diametrically opposed all week long in the posting in the threads.

The rest of us will still join though because we do not spend the entire week slinging insults at each other so therefore the face-to-face meetings on Saturdays with dark lord Al and Dia bando and grey not so old and others will continue. And in the spirit of whatever you want to call it, no one will ever be excluded if they want to join.

It was a very good practice for everyone involved for six or seven months straight of learning to be civil and decent face to face even though so much garbage is being slung around during the week. Believe it or not it is very good practice to not let your emotions get in the way. There will be times in life whether it is a job interview for a random meeting on a bus or train or in the supermarket where people must control themselves and speak with civility to each other even if it is obvious there are some strong to put it mildly dislikes.

Everyone has enjoyed the zooms every week since August. It is only in the past 2 weeks that this has really heated up to the point of what it has reached now and so therefore a certain participant no longer wishes to participate. I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be the one who said it.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Now if you don’t want to attend these Zoom meetings anymore, obviously that’s absolutely fine. But.

1. A couple of months ago , if I had very eloquently written the above post rather than you, you would’ve been saying “ come on, what have you got to lose, have the guts to try it, what’s not to like, yadda yadda yadda.”
    2. Why the need for a big press announcement? Why not just PM Brock and say “Brock , I think you’re a prick , I ain’t bothering with this Zoom bollocks anymore. Oh , and I’m breaking friends with you!”
    So like I always said , good luck with your Zooms, it’s just not for Me. But you have proved Me right all along.

1. That was a couple of months ago things change and other people join utterly changing the thing beyond recognition. Never any hostility there until that point and you could have cut the atmosphere in half. Hugely negative and aggressive and I don't have time for that bullshit.

2. It's not quite a press announcement (believe me i have to draft one for next week so i know what a pain in the arse those things can be). I have PM'd Brock and pretty much said what you suggested except the breaking friends part.

I am glad If you think i proved you right but like i said there are some really nice fellas on there so i do not expect it would be a problem for most.

I understand that i am a bit of an outlier here. For me this place, away from the boxing boards which are great, is a window into a very odd straight laced ultra conservative world that I find stifling and quite regressive in many ways. There are some fantastic open minded posters but usually they get drowned out by a contingent of young men acting like boring old farts.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

I too have always found that difficult but I took this as a personal challenge to try to learn how to get along better with others who might be diametrically opposed in many ways. Up until recently we have really had about six straight months of pleasant meetings and no problems really in terms of the vicious attacks that you refer to above until only maybe the past week or two. I am quite tired as are several other people here of being labeled by a certain someone unfairly. I don't think there are any fascists on here and it gets pretty tiring to keep getting accused of that. So if he is the one who does not want to join the zoom meetings anymore it is fine with me. I think it has gone too far in the past two weeks and I totally agree at this point that going forward from here would be difficult on a face-to-face meeting. For several months everything seemed okay but then the keyboard warrior stuff would start up again the following week leading up to the next Zoom and it would get more and more bizarre imagining a face-to-face meeting on the next one after being called a fascist all week long. So I do totally agree at this point it was really no point in it at all anymore with individuals who are so diametrically opposed all week long in the posting in the threads.

The rest of us will still join though because we do not spend the entire week slinging insults at each other so therefore the face-to-face meetings on Saturdays with dark lord Al and Dia bando and grey not so old and others will continue. And in the spirit of whatever you want to call it, no one will ever be excluded if they want to join.

It was a very good practice for everyone involved for six or seven months straight of learning to be civil and decent face to face even though so much garbage is being slung around during the week. Believe it or not it is very good practice to not let your emotions get in the way. There will be times in life whether it is a job interview for a random meeting on a bus or train or in the supermarket where people must control themselves and speak with civility to each other even if it is obvious there are some strong to put it mildly dislikes.

Everyone has enjoyed the zooms every week since August. It is only in the past 2 weeks that this has really heated up to the point of what it has reached now and so therefore a certain participant no longer wishes to participate. I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be the one who said it.

What a crock of shit. You have went from being outraged by people not understanding why the BLM protests happened to pretending that racism does not even exist. Your opinion changes to fit which way you think the wind is blowing. I have always been consistent and said what I think without ever dressing it up or mincing my words, and that pisses people off. The same people that you are claiming are all in favour of free speech. These are people that have been PMIng other posters and Mods even, asking that I be banned and you expect me to just ignore that and pretend that it doesn't matter?

The only ones using terms like fascist are you and your intolerant alt right mates who think that you are some kind of victims when people point out you are acting like bigoted idiots. Enjoy your Zoom but make sure you tell people if you are going to record it and don't pretend that you are some bastion of self restraint when you are all pally on a Saturday and then back to shit stirring less than five minutes later on here, without even watching the boxing half the time.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha "make sure I tell people if I record it?". I haven't recorded any and if I tried to record it every participant would see a bright red icon blinking at the top left of the screen saying RECORDING NOW.

Plus if I had recorded the zooms why would I not have posted them on here now? What a crock of shit. If you thought I was recording the zooms for the past 6 months then why were you attending at all? Do explain.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha "make sure I tell people if I record it?". I haven't recorded any and if I tried to record it every participant would see a bright red icon blinking at the top left of the screen saying RECORDING NOW.

Plus if I had recorded the zooms why would I not have posted them on here now? What a crock of shit. If you thought I was recording the zooms for the past 6 months then why were you attending at all? Do explain.

That red light was on every time I attended. I don't care I don't have anything to hide, I was just speaking as myself as I am on here, for some it seems they adopt a persona and then post here as a kind of performance, which is really fucking weird. I would have thought it obvious why you would not share stuff on here without asking permission. If you say you didn't record it then I guess i believe you.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a crock of shit. You have went from being outraged by people not understanding why the BLM protests happened to pretending that racism does not even exist. Your opinion changes to fit which way you think the wind is blowing. I have always been consistent and said what I think without ever dressing it up or mincing my words, and that pisses people off. The same people that you are claiming are all in favour of free speech. These are people that have been PMIng other posters and Mods even, asking that I be banned and you expect me to just ignore that and pretend that it doesn't matter?

The only ones using terms like fascist are you and your intolerant alt right mates who think that you are some kind of victims when people point out you are acting like bigoted idiots. Enjoy your Zoom but make sure you tell people if you are going to record it and don't pretend that you are some bastion of self restraint when you are all pally on a Saturday and then back to shit stirring less than five minutes later on here, without even watching the boxing half the time.
    Get your popcorn ready and strap yourself in! This is gonna have more revelations and allegations than Oprah got the other night!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Get your popcorn ready and strap yourself in! This is gonna have more revelations and allegations than Oprah got the other night!

So the Zoom Girls are cracking 🤣👌

Thread Information