Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  243
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Attend

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

How did I get the gig you asked? The Vietnam veteran who lives next to me goes to the father of the family who is a dentist in Tamaulipas. I met him through this Vietnam vet. The veterans hospital in McAllen would have charged him almost $20,000 for a ton of bridge work and crowns on his teeth but he gets the work done in Mexico from this dentist for a little under 4,000 us dollars. The guy is pretty wealthy and wants his whole family to learn English

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Looking at the virtual carnage in some of the threads here, it's amazing to me that people who engage in racist behavior and language, and who constantly cross the lines of personal respect, can still get on a Zoom meeting like nothing ever happened. Hey, I'm all for forgive and forget but.... on a daily, flip-flopping basis? C'mon man.

Before anyone brings up throwing stones from a glass house, yes... I've engaged in my share of insult-hurling and yes... it's been personal in nature. But if anything, I'm pretty steadfast in my views and preferences. I don't go calling someone the scum of the earth and worse... and then go tip-toeing through the tulips hand in hand immediately after. Maybe it's due to culture... maybe it's due to character... maybe it's due to some combination of those. It just doesn't seem right to me.

I've noticed others on here who, without coming out and saying so, share the views I've just stated. They're just a bit more reserved and, seeing the eternal fireworks in the forum over a good number of years, who can blame them.

Racist views and comments are a constant topic here. I don't believe there are any outwardly racists here. They wouldn't have lasted too long. But racist views, to the keen observer, will lead to subtle slips of the keyboard, and provide a glimpse of how some people really feel. The clichéd line of "some of my best friends are (blank)" is so pathetically transparent and well known in society, it's incredible it would be used here by anyone with reasonable intelligence. And yet it has.

We all possess diametrically opposed views on any number of topics here. Problem is we have this frustrating inability to express those without eventually getting personal.

I'm not espousing holding onto a grudge forever. I just think when you've crossed certain lines.... scratch that... when you've stomped all over those lines with both feet until they're all but gone... it takes more than "oh hey, let's talk about the upcoming boxing card", to repair the damage.

To me, the biggest thing is trust. Even if I don't share your views... if I can trust you to be the same person today that you were yesterday... and that you'll be tomorrow... I can usually find common ground and go from there. The also clichéd line of "agree to disagree" has to be one of the biggest crocks of shit in history. Sounds wise when you say it... but the implementation sucks.

Thanks for your honesty. I don't agree with you on everything but you hit the nail on the head there on quite a few things. Unfortunately I do think there are racists here, as that is part of life. Nobody is immune to bigotry, myself included but it has unfortunately been normalised in the US and the UK. We have a racist Prime Minister, he is known for it and until recently you had someone urging on racists so it is hardly surprising. I believe you should confront it wherever you come across it. I do not usually surround myself with far right leaning people whose tolerance of difference is nothing but an affectation but there are enough of them who now feel emboldened enough to come out of the woodwork that it is hard to avoid them all together. It is difficult not to be passionate about things when they are in fact an attack on actual values you hold dear. It seems to me, many here, even those claiming to be reasonable don't really believe in anything and are quite confused by the concept of shared values or even basic decency.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In an ESL lesson now. Next four weekends. You guys go ahead with it and I will do the Wednesday night sessions for the next 4 weeks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I have just set up with a Mexican family across the border for four weekends of English language learning.. I will be teaching the parents and all four of their children Saturdays and Sundays for four consecutive weekends starting tomorrow, through February 13th which is a Saturday
    Setting up the payment is a little strange as they are going to pay me in Mexican pesos and I am not allowed to bring out of Mexico more than a certain amount of pesos
    I will not be renting out the table at the Farmers market in Tamaulipas therefore for the next four weeks in a row. Teaching English pays a lot more than selling fruits and vegetables trust me
    Bump, I'll do the Wednesday night sessions for the next 4 weeks until this 4 week gig is over on weekends

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@SlimTrae hahaha good one yes will do bro. To be honest when that's solo started at 4 minutes and 50 seconds he did sound like he was on something and definitely took it to a strange place. I think it was Al di meola.

....a real extravaganza Bonanza eleganza this Saturday and once again last week's was just a real good Jack Da Rippa session, with boxing in the forefront as usual. @greynotsoold so was the felon finally apprehended? Haha must have been something and if you have the video from a CCTV should be great.
    @Dia bando what was with the 8 oz gloves? You should be using 16 oz in sparring haha

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@SlimTrae hahaha good one yes will do bro. To be honest when that's solo started at 4 minutes and 50 seconds he did sound like he was on something and definitely took it to a strange place. I think it was Al di meola.

....a real extravaganza Bonanza eleganza this Saturday and once again last week's was just a real good Jack Da Rippa session, with boxing in the forefront as usual. @greynotsoold so was the felon finally apprehended? Haha must have been something and if you have the video from a CCTV should be great.
    @Dia bando what was with the 8 oz gloves? You should be using 16 oz in sparring haha
    Yes a great zoom for those attending.🙂

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

Yes a great zoom for those attending.🙂
    Without a SILVER or a GOLD of a doubt. {hint: which poster whose previous name rhymed with "taco" then pretended to win the "GOLD" last week?}

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a chipped tooth, a root canal, a filling that cracked, and 2 pulled teeth, it was mayhem

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tom and Rich, on novacaine wtf, ...

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye! Mr. P I mean Mr. T will be our newest member this Saturday! He likes to watch paint dry and so he really cannot miss this next Extravaganza! Plus, fuck it I almost forgot, we got Trey, zoley, the Istanbul Banker, and this week we'll have the West African MAN OF THE HOUR from INdianapolis AAAAAAAAND, after a slight hiatus, the Golden Gloves Champion of Texas at 165 pounds Dave CONGO Kasindi. Rich's teeth will be in order and Joe is done with his citizen's arrests hopefully @greynotsoold so it will behoove all of us to coax and cajole Mr. P I mean Mr. T to join in the fun.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great zoom Al Beanz Ryan Slim Grey Steve and myself .👍😁

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great meeting lads. Good to see a few familiar faces and a few new ones.

Slim Trae (?) has a brilliant sense of humour. Rich in bed as per. Steve a true gent. Lovely to meet Al and Grey. And Hamit??

Beanz turned up and as usual was great company. He's the best.

Bloody good fun lads.

Apols if missed anyone.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes was very good. Thanks again for hosting Brock. Great to speak in person, hopefully others will join in and we will have a nice big i international fight soon, to meet up virtually before. Stay safe fellas.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it was good, fantastic to finally meet Dark Lord Al and @SlimTrae --- also Memduh was on for the first time, and ryanman was back in great form. Thanks to all, once again, a cracking time! We ALSO had a mystery guest who turned on his camera for a split second to show a shadowy phantom against a yellow wall. What the absolute fuck was that but it really went over well. Was that you walrus? Username was KYZER. Love to know who it was Anyways great fellas and see y'all again next week same time same place, same drinks! We had 9 and a half participants this time--- can only count KYZER as 50% attended bwaahahahaha

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

P.S to anyone unsure of themselves, just come on and just do audio, still very welcome. Slim was just audio for a while then he was all over it. No judgment here. Bloody good fun. And it turns out Steve is pretty sane (Thats one of my jokes mate).
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Thread Information