Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Errol Spence Jr., Danny Garcia agree to PPV fight

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...r-per-reports/

This should be a good one. These are two great boxers with pop. I'd much rather see a fight like this than any fight involving Shawn Porter, TBH.

As far as who wins, I imagine the favorite will be Spence..... but I was surprised by Garcia once before when he beat Matthysse.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence Jr., Danny Garcia agree to PPV fight scheduled for November, per rep

Garcia still seems like a top fighter. It seems like he has been around for a long time too without ever really losing a step. Garcia has massive issues with fighters who come forward and throw a lot. It prevents him from letting his hands go.

Basically I think that if Spence is still in his pre accident form, he should win pretty easily. The accident is a huge question mark though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence Jr., Danny Garcia agree to PPV fight scheduled for November, per rep

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Garcia still seems like a top fighter. It seems like he has been around for a long time too without ever really losing a step. Garcia has massive issues with fighters who come forward and throw a lot. It prevents him from letting his hands go.

Basically I think that if Spence is still in his pre accident form, he should win pretty easily. The accident is a huge question mark though.
    If Garcia is in his pre-Thurmond stage he'll lose for lack of speed.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never rated Danny Garcia since he got bashed up and landed that lucky shot against Amir Khan. Garcia has strategically fought his way up the rankings at welterweight and lost the big fights when he had his chance.

Spence should win this relatively easy, the real interest is seeing what the car accident has taken out of Errol if anything.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have never rated Danny Garcia since he got bashed up and landed that lucky shot against Amir Khan. Garcia has strategically fought his way up the rankings at welterweight and lost the big fights when he had his chance.

Spence should win this relatively easy, the real interest is seeing what the car accident has taken out of Errol if anything.
    That shot wasn’t lucky against Khan. Garcia is an excellent counter puncher and Khan has proven many times in his career that he can get caught with counter punches. There’s no way Khan could have kept that up for 12 rounds without getting caught eventually.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope if both guys bring their A-game..... that whoever wins gets the credit they deserve. Spence wouldn't be coming back to face a Garcia if he didn't feel (and his team) that he was 100%.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a tough 1st fight back for Spence after his accident. If he is less than 100% back Garcia could spring an upset. Spence controls distance very well and I'm not sure Garcia has the speed to land his counters against Spence.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr is back in the ring next month against hard-hitting Danny Garcia with his world welterweight titles up for grabs.

Fighting out of Dallas, Texas, ‘The Truth’ will be fighting at the home of the Dallas Cowboys.

The 31-year-old survived a horrific car accident just over a year ago, incredibly walking away with minor injuries.

The accident occurred just weeks after arguably the biggest win of his career in a points victory over Shawn Porter, which ensured he unified the belts at 147 belts.

Now back in the ring, he takes on Danny Garcia, who previously knocked out Amir Khan, in a tough fight to set up the potential for mega fights in 2021 against Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.

The fight is on Saturday, 5 December in Arlington, Texas at the Dallas Cowboys’ home, AT&T Stadium.

It will see around 11,000 fans in attendance with the Cowboys already showcasing their ability to welcome socially-distanced spectators during the NFL season.

The fight will start on 6 December in the UK, with ring walks expected after 4am and the fight to start 15-20 minutes following that.

Spence vs Garcia full card

Sebastian Fundora vs Jorge Cota

Josesito Lopez vs Francisco Santana

Julio Ceja vs Eduardo Ramirez

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/spe...070731666.html
    Last edited by Master; 11-18-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence Jr., Danny Garcia agree to PPV fight

danny swift is going to knockout errol with his left hook
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That shot wasn’t lucky against Khan. Garcia is an excellent counter puncher and Khan has proven many times in his career that he can get caught with counter punches. There’s no way Khan could have kept that up for 12 rounds without getting caught eventually.
    Yup, Danny just barely missed that shot many times before he landed it. It was only a matter of time, the lucky part was that it lasted so long. When I rewatch it I’m constantly “that was so close” “oh, just missed, it’s coming”

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Yup, Danny just barely missed that shot many times before he landed it. It was only a matter of time, the lucky part was that it lasted so long. When I rewatch it I’m constantly “that was so close” “oh, just missed, it’s coming”
    I shake my head in disbelief when people say “ but Khan was winning on points.” He got decked in round 3 and was doing a funny walk.so that would’ve have been a 10-8 round, and spent all of Round 4 getting battered while walking away until he was stopped.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr will face Danny Garcia on Saturday 5th December 2020 at AT&T Stadium in Texas.

The fight will be contested over 12 rounds in the Welterweight division, which means the weight limit will be 147 pounds (10.5 stone or 66.7 KG).

This contest is for the unified welterweight championship of the world, with the WBC & IBF belts on the line.

Spence Jr will be making his 5th defence of the IBF World Welterweight Championship. He won this belt against Kell Brook in May 2017. He had held this belt for 3 years 6 months and 3 days.

He will also be defending WBC World Welterweight Championship for the first time. He won this belt against Shawn Porter in September 2019. He had held this title for 1 year 2 months and 2 days.

Errol Spence Jr steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 26 wins and zero loses, 21 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Danny Garcia will make his way to the ring with a record of 36 wins and 2 loses, with 21 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Spence Jr has a large advantage in power over Garcia, boosting at 81% knock out percentage over Garcia's 58%.

Errol Spence Jr is the younger man by 2 years, at 30 years old.

Spence Jr has a height advantage of 1 inch over Garcia. This also extends to a 3-inch reach advantage.

Errol Spence Jr fights out of the southpaw stance, while Danny Garcia is an orthodox fighter.

Spence Jr is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 12 less fights, and made his debut in 2012, 4 year and 11 months later than Garcia, who’s first professional fight was in 2007. He has fought 138 less professional rounds, 120 to Garcia's 258.

Errol Spence Jr goes into the fight ranked number 1 by the RING in the 147lb division.

Danny Garcia is currently ranked number 2 by the WBC and 6 by the RING in the 147lb division.

Spence Jr remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Shawn Porter on 28th September 2019 by split decision in their IBF World Welterweight and WBC World Welterweight championship fight at Staples Center, LA, United States.

Previous to that, he had beat Mikey Garcia on 16th March 2019 by unanimous decision in their IBF World Welterweight championship fight at AT&T Stadium, Texas.

Going into that contest, he had won against Carlos Ocampo on 16th June 2018 by knockout in the 1st round in their IBF World Welterweight championship fight at The Ford Center at The Star, Dallas, Texas.

Before that, he had beat Lamont Peterson on 20th January 2018 by technical knockout in the 7th round in their IBF World Welterweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York.

He had defeated Kell Brook on 27th May 2017 by knockout in the 11th round in their IBF World Welterweight championship fight at Bramall Lane, Sheffield, United Kingdom.

Garcia has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he won against Ivan Redkach on 25th January 2020 by unanimous decision in their 12 round contest at Barclays Center, New York, United States.

Previous to that, he had won against Adrian Granados on 20th April 2019 by knockout in the 7th round at Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, California.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Shawn Porter on 8th September 2018 by unanimous decision in their WBC World Welterweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York.

Before that, he had defeated Brandon Rios on 17th February 2018 by technical knockout in the 9th round at Las Vegas, Nevada.

He had lost to Keith Thurman on 4th March 2017 by split decision in their WBC World Welterweight and WBA World Welterweight championship fight at Barclays Center, New York.

In terms of recent activity, Errol Spence Jr has been fighting more than Danny Garcia.

Errol Spence Jr last fought 1 year 2 months and 2 days ago, while Danny Garcia's last outing was 10 months and 5 days ago.

Spence Jr's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years 4 months and 1 day, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 1 day. In those fights, he fought a total of 43 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 8.6 rounds on average.

Garcia's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years 10 months and 21 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 21 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 52 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 10.4 rounds on average.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm looking forward to this one and if Garcia wins he gets the credit, I just hope that people don't automatically say "Spence is fucked from the accident" if he loses, he has taken the fight so he's got to be confident that he can get the win.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny Garcia won't let built-in excuse for Errol Spence Jr. distract him

Danny Garcia isn’t frequently acclaimed as one of the best fighters in the world. Part of that, perhaps, is that one of his few faults as a boxer is that he can fight down to the level of his competition.

But Garcia, who at 32 years old is a veteran of 13 years as a professional, is 36-2 with 21 knockouts. His only losses came on close decisions to Shawn Porter and Keith Thurman.

He lost a unanimous decision to Porter on Sept. 9, 2018, though the judges agreed on only four of the 12 rounds. It was that kind of a fight.

His first pro loss came to Thurman on March 4, 2017. That was a split decision that easily could have gone the other way.

If those fights had gone his way, there would be a lot more attention being paid to his pay-per-view fight on Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, against IBF-WBC welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr.

Spence is 26-0 with 21 knockouts. If it were two undefeated fighters going head-to-head for supremacy in the welterweight division, the entire world would stop for it.

As it is, it’s an excellent fight that got heavily overshadowed by the Mike Tyson-Roy Jones Jr. exhibition match. But of the three pay-per-view shows the Premier Boxing Champions has put on this fall, this is by far the best and most compelling main event.

And a big reason for that is the perennially underrated Garcia, who is nagged by things he could have done better not only in the two fights he lost but also in the fights in which he won.

“Always,” he told Yahoo Sports. “Even fights that I won, I look back and say I could have done something better. You always feel like you could have done something better. Those are two fights that I could have won, and that I feel like I won. But they’re in the past now and I really can’t do nothing about it. I’m really focused on [Saturday] now and that’s my main goal now.

“Everything I’ve done in the past, it doesn’t really mean anything any more. I have to go in there on [Saturday] and [understand] this is my new future.”

Spence seems to be on a collision course with Terence Crawford, the WBO champion who is also undefeated. After Spence’s fiery accident in October 2019 in which his sports car tumbled end over end, Spence is lucky to be alive.

Crawford said he didn’t want to fight Spence in the first fight back after the accident because he felt if he won, he wouldn’t get the credit for it because the accident would be used as an excuse.

Saturday will mark Spence’s first fight since that fateful night, but Garcia had no problem. He was scheduled to fight Spence previously, before the accident, and said he felt it made sense to move ahead with it.

Garcia frequently hasn’t gotten credit for his accomplishments and so he doesn’t worry about it. He believes Spence wouldn’t have taken the fight were he not healthy and ready to show his skills.

“That doesn’t concern me at all,” Garcia said of fighting Spence in Spence’s first bout since the accident. “At the end of the day, I’ve been training hard and I’ve been preparing myself for the best Spence. That’s all that matters to me. My job is to win no matter the circumstances.”

Garcia is a healthy underdog at the MGM Grand Sports Book, where Spence is -450 and Garcia is +340.

It shows a level of disrespect for a fighter who has been among his sport’s best for at least eight years.

Garcia shrugs it off because he knows the opinions of others don’t matter. Even his outspoken and often profane father, Angel, is taking it in stride as they prepare for the bout.

“There’s never been a fight that we’ve taken lightly,” said Angel Garcia, who also trains his son. “We’ve always taken everybody seriously and of course that’s the same for this fight. We don’t change things; we just multiply fight by fight. Danny has always been the underdog. Whether it was Amir Khan or Lucas Matthysse, it don’t matter. He’s only the underdog because Spence is undefeated, but that doesn’t mean anything when we get in the ring.

“What really matters is that once Danny lands his shots, will Spence be able to handle them? I’m not worried about anything that’s being said on the outside. If Danny throws a straight right and hits him flush, Spence isn’t getting up. Spence hasn’t been hit yet. I respect every fight, but Spence has only really fought three guys that people know. Just look at all the fighters Danny has fought. That résumé matters.”

They both have strong résumés and this fight is one that is comparable to any of the best welterweight bouts of the decade.

Garcia may finally get credit for his talent should he pull off the upset, but he’s not worried about it.

He’s a fighter’s fighter and so when the bout ends, his first thought won’t be about having proven anyone wrong.

It will, as it always is with Garcia, be about this:

“Who’s next?”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/danny-ga...211115519.html

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Undercard has really been shuffled but 75 bucks on a ppv main event has not. Can see a huge contrast in what geezer Mike & Roy with some youtube wanker raked in last week but this will be a top notch competitive fight. Spence up close and often stood up high is not hard to miss! But I think Garcia goes for it if-when in trouble and Spence stops him late championship rounds. The way he rolls out varying power combos remains insane.

Thread Information