Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Errol Spence Jr., Danny Garcia agree to PPV fight

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...r-per-reports/

This should be a good one. These are two great boxers with pop. I'd much rather see a fight like this than any fight involving Shawn Porter, TBH.

As far as who wins, I imagine the favorite will be Spence..... but I was surprised by Garcia once before when he beat Matthysse.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence Jr., Danny Garcia agree to PPV fight scheduled for November, per rep

Garcia still seems like a top fighter. It seems like he has been around for a long time too without ever really losing a step. Garcia has massive issues with fighters who come forward and throw a lot. It prevents him from letting his hands go.

Basically I think that if Spence is still in his pre accident form, he should win pretty easily. The accident is a huge question mark though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence Jr., Danny Garcia agree to PPV fight scheduled for November, per rep

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Garcia still seems like a top fighter. It seems like he has been around for a long time too without ever really losing a step. Garcia has massive issues with fighters who come forward and throw a lot. It prevents him from letting his hands go.

Basically I think that if Spence is still in his pre accident form, he should win pretty easily. The accident is a huge question mark though.
    If Garcia is in his pre-Thurmond stage he'll lose for lack of speed.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never rated Danny Garcia since he got bashed up and landed that lucky shot against Amir Khan. Garcia has strategically fought his way up the rankings at welterweight and lost the big fights when he had his chance.

Spence should win this relatively easy, the real interest is seeing what the car accident has taken out of Errol if anything.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have never rated Danny Garcia since he got bashed up and landed that lucky shot against Amir Khan. Garcia has strategically fought his way up the rankings at welterweight and lost the big fights when he had his chance.

Spence should win this relatively easy, the real interest is seeing what the car accident has taken out of Errol if anything.
    That shot wasn’t lucky against Khan. Garcia is an excellent counter puncher and Khan has proven many times in his career that he can get caught with counter punches. There’s no way Khan could have kept that up for 12 rounds without getting caught eventually.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope if both guys bring their A-game..... that whoever wins gets the credit they deserve. Spence wouldn't be coming back to face a Garcia if he didn't feel (and his team) that he was 100%.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

That shot wasn’t lucky against Khan. Garcia is an excellent counter puncher and Khan has proven many times in his career that he can get caught with counter punches. There’s no way Khan could have kept that up for 12 rounds without getting caught eventually.
    Yup, Danny just barely missed that shot many times before he landed it. It was only a matter of time, the lucky part was that it lasted so long. When I rewatch it I’m constantly “that was so close” “oh, just missed, it’s coming”

Thread Information