Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Warrens open letter to Hearn offering Queensberry's finest v Matchrooms finest

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Warrens open letter to Hearn offering Queensberry's finest v Matchrooms finest

Some top fights that could be made, will Hearn agree to them?
    No excuses to stop these fights happening.

Fans are longing to see Anthony Yarde take on Joshua Buatsi with light heavyweight supremacy at stake. So am I, let's get it done.

Who wouldn't want to see Dillian Whyte taking on the best young heavyweight in the world, Daniel Dubois, later this year or early next while Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua are busy making other plans?

Any takers for Joe Joyce against Dereck Chisora? Archie Sharp v Zelfa Barrett? Hamzah Sheeraz v Ted Cheeseman? Charlie Edwards v Kal Yafai? What about seeing Nathan Gorman step in the ring with Dave Allen. There are numerous potential bangers there to be made and no good reason not to make them. Liam Williams is due a world title shot any day now, so let’s add a bit of American flair and stick Demetrius Andrade in the mix too.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warrens open letter to Hearn offering Queensberry's finest v Matchrooms finest

Gawd bless him

I've got a hundred quid. You've got ten thousand quid. Lets put it together and buy something brilliant and share it equally for the good of everyone because that's what everyone wants you prick. P.S. I hate you.

That's what I heard.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warrens open letter to Hearn offering Queensberry's finest v Matchrooms finest

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Gawd bless him

I've got a hundred quid. You've got ten thousand quid. Lets put it together and buy something brilliant and share it equally for the good of everyone because that's what everyone wants you prick. P.S. I hate you.

That's what I heard.

Bottom line is we ain't gonna see most of these fights unless Warren & Hearn get some kind of relationship going.
    These are fights I 100% wanna see and given the current travel restrictions may be all we are left with till who knows when.
    BT and Sky can and should throw a bit of dollar at this and back it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I as it happens I remember starting a thread about a BT v Sky type of tournament a few years ago.

Fury wants it too

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2...-warrens-idea/

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No doubt. We all want to see Fury AJ. All want to see Buatsi Yarde. Dubois Whyte? C'mon Frank

There's nothing wrong with the concept. We all want the powers that be to put aside any differences, iron out any financial wrinkles and just make the best fights. Franks timing and his choice of words are typical Frank though aren't they.

Even when he's apparently trying to do something for the greater good. Him hating Hearn shines through. Talking about how the shows aren't massive money spinners, then making his point by saying how much Cheese did or didn't get paid. How much did Warrens boys make? The general idea, yes it's a good one, of course it is. But it's all said and done with spite from Warren.

I see the usual Facebook boxing mongs are hot on it. If it doesn't happen!! it'll all be Eddies fault!!! That bastard. Frank says it's a goer and that's the end of it. Muppets.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take Buatsis current position, smashing literally everyone he faces and 100% ready for the next step up.
    Hearn was supposed to bring him to the US on a regular basis but that's not happening anytime soon due to Covid.
    Domestic/Euro level UK fighters with big potential are gonna be forced to fight who they can in the near future or sit at home doing/earning nothing.
    Warren is forever bitter toward Hearn no doubt and it's boring hearing him blurt on about him but I don't see this being too hard to sort out.
    If you split these fights into two shows ( One BT then one on Sky) there's enough talent and really good competitive fights to do 2 fairly priced PPV shows.
    Honestly I'd happily pay £15 for each if I didn't have IPTV.
    Some cracking fights out there so let's hope they sort something.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PROGRESS Eddie Hearn reveals what was said in first ever conversation with Frank Warren as promoters share phone call about making fights together

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...-conversation/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not fully read/listened to both guys here, but the cynic in me can't help think this will all come to nothing.

Even a global pandemic that brings the sport to it's knees won't miraculously make greedy, in it for themselves promotors suddenly start cooperating.

There's too many fighters, contracts, tv obligations, ABC body agreements and affiliations in place for it to pan out.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The UK domestic fights like Yarde v Buatsi are easy to make if Sky & BT can make a deal.
    Hearn says that's one they should be planning now.
    Hearns response to Warren in the video below where he accuses Warren of trying to sabotage the Matchroom show from last Saturday.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't take fish eye Frank long to take revenge 😁
    Warren seems fucking desperate at times, wonder if BT are putting it on him after the rumoured pathetic 3000 viewers they got for their last show.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I am correct Barry Hearn and Frank Warren did used to have joint promotions in the past I recall if the money is right it will happen not for the good of boxing just for there bank accounts.😁

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparantley they've agreed to meet in September

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Gawd bless him

That's what I heard.
    This.

*Brilliantly* played by Warren but why the eff would Hearn even entertain the notion?

Thread Information