Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Snooker

Ronnie won the first session but not playing great think Mark TKO could have taken him. He is still 6-2 up which bad news for Wilson.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilson doing well in the 2nd session. 8-6 Ronnie.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ronnie got out of jail there leaving that session 10-7 up.

that's the worst session I've seen him play all tournament yet somehow only lost it 5-4.

Wilson will fancy his chances tomorrow but needs a good start.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This final is bloody torture for a Wilson backer. Wilson is totally bumming it even though Ronnie couldn't play any worse if he tried. Wilson being behind is a joke but three behind is criminal. Ronnie will come out flying today, guaranteed. And even if he don't Wilson doesn't have the cue ball control to run a sequence of easy frames (please let this work).

The Chinese takeover was a bit premature but there's currently around a dozen in the top 50 and a dozen or so more in the 128 (the max number of pro's per season). The majority are in their early twenties and they have plenty "wonder kids" knocking in maximums and what not on their own amateur/junior circuit. The majority couldn't play this year because of Covind.

More surprising is the young Europeans coming through - Russians, Ukraine, Poland, etc - due to the extensive Eurosport coverage over the past few years. When Ronnie was having a pop at the lack of talent he definitely meant British.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilson getting beat up isn’t he. Does Ronnie always break left handed? Never noticed that.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ronnie picking up the pieces. Wilson having a mare of a first final. He’ll come again.

Amazing he’s going to win it when you’d probably give him a C+ based on his usual standard

B- tops

Don’t think anyone has run him close in the finals he has won. Higgins many years ago got about 13 I think from memory. Dott and Carter single figures.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilson was a major disappointment, never turned up and just kept missing simple shots. O'Sullivan was never under pressure, never had to work to win a frame or anything .... just cantered home playing 60% snooker.

Boring final that turned into a procession really. I can think of a few players who would at least have made O'Sullivan do a bit of work under pressure
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair ronnie had come through some tough opposition to get there first round aside.

Ding had him level after 16.Williams was 6 2 up and a reborn Selby is the last person you want to play against in a best of 33. Ronnie was behind from frame 11, 4 down at one stage and 2 down with 3 to play.

Can he win 7? I'm not so sure but you know he can't be written off

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Wilson getting beat up isn’t he. Does Ronnie always break left handed? Never noticed that.
    Yes he has been doing it for a while. Totally disrespectful to other snooker players, that is what Selby would say.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilson is the nicest bloke in the world but I can't stand young men in their pomp who act like that after getting humiliated - bringing the wife and kids out like he won something. He flat out bottled it and should feel ashamed getting beat like that. Ronnie is the GOAT, for sure, but he's never played worse and won so easy. He was lucky as fuck all the way through this tournament, especially against Selby when he was beat and got away with bashing 'em all over the shop. And Ding would have murdered him if he played like that in the second round.

I'll confidently bet he never gets two more (beat Hendry's record) and don't fancy he'll ever win another. Name written on it this year. (I'm normally a better loser than Kyren But 17 days of my pocket torture ends like that. )
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We must've let a whole world championship pass last year without comment.

Anyway Ronnie gets to 7 world titles. Amazing - the GOAT argument now truly settled as it was the only thing he was behind Hendry on in the record books (though imo he was well ahead of Hendry anyway).

Never seen him that emotional after a win showing what it had taken out of him and that afternoon session was painful viewing for Ronnie fans - I was pacing the room - as he was all over the place. It was like watching Jimmy White in the early 90s blowing it.

Prior to the worlds in 2020 I wondered if he would manage to win another world title when he was on 5 and now he's landed two more. 30 years at the top and Williams and Higgins also in the semis at 46/47 years old. He won't win BBC SPOTY though and I must say many other sportsmen and women have been knighted for achieving a hell of a lot less.

He'll be 47 this year and who'd back against him getting 8 or more. A phenomenon.

The 'snooker isn't a real sport' argument aside is there any sportsman in the world who's ever been at the top for so long ?? Seriously there can't be.

I went this year by the way - been intending to since 1980.....saw Zhao v Maguire which wasn't that great a session BUT I was there when the pigeon got in and no one can ever take that away from me......

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ray Reardon taught him everything he knows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I was pacing the room - as he was all over the place.
    what!? You're not one of them that shouts "go on Ronnie" at any given opportunity are you? Very weird that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. I don't shout out like that. But I'm a big fan as many are

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched a fair bit of this years. Obviously awesome for Ronnie. Amazing achievement and I don't give a fuck what he says about it not mattering. His tearful bordering on sexual harassment hug of Trump at the end says otherwise. Watching Trump was hard work. I still don't know how he made it to the final and made it competitive. He seemed to play seriously shit every time I saw him. He literally dragged himself into the final.

The shouting out at snooker is up there with 'get in the hole' shouts at golf. Utterly pointless. Anyone who's phone goes off during a game should be taken outside and given a kicking. The little blonde ref. Great ass.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information