Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing Records You Admire the Most/Least

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Not a record broken as much as a milestone maybe?

Ray Robinson took 133 times before he lost his 2nd bout.
    Who will do that?
    No one.
    129-1-2
    In noooo way comparing them..but 'Buck Smith' went 130-0 between 2nd and 3rd loss . Ok half majority were working the County Fair hot dog stand the morning of the fight but just two atmospheric contrasts in talent and how glossy numbers, sometimes, can be run up.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 08-13-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tyson as youngest champ is one thing, but the fact that he unified it solidifies the record as legit. While each champ wasn't world class but decent, Tyson in stride annihilated them all.

Holyfield is what? 4 time HW champ, not that impressive if he couldn't sustain his rule. And this is coming from a Holyfield fan. It kind of insinuates that he was an inconsistent champ.
    That is why Evander should not be on an all time heavyweight champions list. He lost to Moorer !!!!!!!!!
    Blaspheme . Could also be an indicator that he fought the very best of his era, sometimes twice. Whatever health situation he had going on, the fact the Moorer 2nd round was scored 10-10 with KD handing Moorer the belts was asinine. And he bounced him like a ping pong ball in rematch.
    In his peak years Evander beat an overweight Buster, nearly knocked out by Bert Cooper, struggled with old Foreman/Holmes and loses to Bowe. Not an impressive reign to be considered a great heavyweight champion.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​..... and he was a drug cheat
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Most:

Wilfredo Gomez and his 17 straight KO's in World Title defenses.

"Bazooka" Gomez also had a 44-3-1 record with 42 KO's from 1974 to 1989..... a remarkable 15 streak. Not to mention his being a 3-time world champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    The Most:

"Bazooka" Gomez also had a 44-3-1 record with 42 KO's from 1974 to 1989..... a remarkable 15 streak. Not to mention his being a 3-time world champion.
    Let me guess, the least impressive record is by some Mexican 😁

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson as youngest champ is one thing, but the fact that he unified it solidifies the record as legit. While each champ wasn't world class but decent, Tyson in stride annihilated them all.

Holyfield is what? 4 time HW champ, not that impressive if he couldn't sustain his rule. And this is coming from a Holyfield fan. It kind of insinuates that he was an inconsistent champ.
    That is why Evander should not be on an all time heavyweight champions list. He lost to Moorer !!!!!!!!!
    Blaspheme . Could also be an indicator that he fought the very best of his era, sometimes twice. Whatever health situation he had going on, the fact the Moorer 2nd round was scored 10-10 with KD handing Moorer the belts was asinine. And he bounced him like a ping pong ball in rematch.
    In his peak years Evander beat an overweight Buster, nearly knocked out by Bert Cooper, struggled with old Foreman/Holmes and loses to Bowe. Not an impressive reign to be considered a great heavyweight champion.
    Hey at least you didn't start with he's just a blown up cruiserweight yadda yadda . I'm coming at the question on whole, rated a great heavyweight trinkets aside. Bit backwards to validate the rotating dime a dozen line of trinkets but disregard a fighters complete body of work and history regarding the determination of 'a great'. Holyfield beat who was immediately put in front of him and was could be required to do nothing more after Tyson blew defining showdowns with him not once but twice. He picked up the pieces and soldiered on. Old or young both geezers earned their shots and Holyfield is gonna Holyfield..fight it out..but I'd hardly say he struggled to the point of not being thoroughly in control. And Cooper..come on man, Cooper on his best of best nights stands a chance to ding anyone going today. The late replacement for a late replacement for Holyfields homecoming. Evander got caught one or two whistlers and proceeded to batter Bert for his trouble. Welcome to the world of heavyweight bomb throwers. Some 'great champs' don't even recover. Sometimes they just get caught and flat ktfo .
    Last edited by Spicoli; 08-15-2020 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey at least you didn't start with he's just a blown up cruiserweight yadda yadda . I'm coming at the question on whole, rated a great heavyweight trinkets aside. Bit backwards to validate the rotating dime a dozen line of trinkets but disregard a fighters complete body of work and history regarding the determination of 'a great'. Holyfield beat who was immediately put in front of him and was could be required to do nothing more after Tyson blew defining showdowns with him not once but twice. He picked up the pieces and soldiered on. Old or young both geezers earned their shots and Holyfield is gonna Holyfield..fight it out..but I'd hardly say he struggled to the point of not being thoroughly in control. And Cooper..come on man, Cooper on his best of best nights stands a chance to ding anyone going today. The late replacement for a late replacement for Holyfields homecoming. Evander got caught one or two whistlers and proceeded to batter Bert for his trouble. Welcome to the world of heavyweight bomb throwers. Some 'great champs' don't even recover. Sometimes they just get caught and flat ktfo .
    Everything you say is true. Holyfield was a great, if not the greatest Cruiserweight ever and he could only beat what was in front of him as a champ but to list him as an ATG at heavyweight you need a better record than what he achieved. He is far too inconsistent to be considered up there with the true greats like Ali, Louis and Holmes.

That is not to say he could not give them hell if he fought them but that is another subject altogether.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I speak for us all when I say how I most admire Froch fight Groves in front of 80,000 (Eighty thousand) fans at Wembley!!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    I think I speak for us all when I say how I most admire Froch fight Groves in front of 80,000 (Eighty thousand) fans at Wembley!!
    AJ got 90,000

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everything you say is true. Holyfield was a great, if not the greatest Cruiserweight ever and he could only beat what was in front of him as a champ but to list him as an ATG at heavyweight you need a better record than what he achieved. He is far too inconsistent to be considered up there with the true greats like Ali, Louis and Holmes.

That is not to say he could not give them hell if he fought them but that is another subject altogether.
    Fair enough but a stretch for me to ignore the depth. No one is ranking him above those three all time but Holyfield definitely makes the cut. Many a top heavyweight would blush to reign and compete in the division that he had and other than Lewis no one came close to facing that consistent caliber throughout for their decade. Holyfields longevity comes back to bite him ironically as much as his want for an up front battle did. I'll put a seven year competitive run post initial title win with Mercer, Foreman, Tyson x2, Bowe x3, Moorer x2 right up there with a Witherspoon, Shavers or Cooney any day of the week but to each their own my brother. Guess Holy needed more Scott LeDouxs and Tex Cobbs on the ledger . Cooper and Stewart don't even need to exit the car. Cheers bro it's just a thought

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    The Most:

Let me guess, the least impressive record is by some Mexican 😁

Do you disagree?

Sad if you really reduce my boxing opinions to a Puerto Rican - Mexican thing.

You must've missed my thousands of other posts giving kudos to many Mexican fighters.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 08-16-2020 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    AJ got 90,000
    Yeah but given Carl's incling to always mention it, it's like a record to him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Most:

Let me guess, the least impressive record is by some Mexican ������
    A Mexican fighter did take his 0
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Apple View Post
    The Most:

Let me guess, the least impressive record is by some Mexican ������
    A Mexican fighter did take his 0

Yeah you're right. One of the greatest. Sadly he died before any kind of rematch could take place.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Reggie Strickland hold the record for most losses? 66-276-17?

Does his family hold the record(s) for family with the most boxers?
    And to lose the most as a family?

Reggie's half-brother Jerry Strickland was also a professional boxer, who also had over 100 losses in his career.
    Nicolyn Armstrong, Reggie's also boxed professionally.
    There is also another Reggie Strickland who boxes as a heavyweight that is purportedly Strickland's cousin.
    A nephew Jay Strickland (Jerry's son) has also boxed professionally.

--from wiki.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information