Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Garcia vs Campbell.

Who do you have winning this fight?

Surely Campbell has the experience to deal with Garcia at this stage?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Garcia vs Campbell.

I’m still not completely sold on Garcia so I think that Campbell will end up taking this one. I think that he will show Garcia’s limitations. I’m alright if Garcia proves me wrong though.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia we will see if he is all hype or he has some substance ! hopefully Campbell gives him a boxing 🥊 lesson.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryan Garcia has now signed his side of the contract to fight Luke Campbell in America in November.

The 22-year-old viral star vlogged the experience for fans to witness online as he made concrete his agreement for the WBC final eliminator.

While driving his Lamborghini to his manager’s office, Garcia said: “Right now we’re on our way to sign the fight contract.

“It’s finally going down, this fight’s gonna be probably the biggest fight of my life.

“I’m gonna be ready to go into the trenches, be ready for war and come out on top.”

He then arrived at the office and put pen to paper on the bout agreement.

Garcia’s manager Guadalupe Valencia said: “It gets complicated when you’re doing a big fight like this because of the COVID situation.

“It adds another layer of complications.

“We have to do it without fans, we wish there was fans, but what do you do about it?

“That’s all behind us, we got it done, this is an amazing fight for Ryan, he’s gonna silence the world after he knocks Luke Campbell out and then, after that, he’s on top of the hill.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...-youtube-vlog/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No wonder Garcia has been pouting on about needing the millions. What the hell is a 21 yr old who has never taken a true solid knock doing driving a Lamborghini . Cart before the horse a bit but great they've settled on a date and we have a fight. Garcia showed some green holes at range in back to back fights a couple years back with Velez so I like Campbell with the wingspan and much deeper tool chest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia is too much hype. I don't know whether he will last or not...

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia has grown in each fight I've seen. Campbell is a tough customer and this is the sort of test young prospects should be taking.

I think Garcia might spring a surprise here.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's a bit of a picture being painted here of the 'proper' professional in Campbell with the boxing pedigree and all the right credentials, going up against something of a media product in Garcia isn't there? Garcia is always banging on about proving he's not hype. True on Campbells part. He ticks all the boxes, Euro, World, Olympic honours. Good pro, decent record, commonwealth champion and a few International titles in there. A bit unfair on Garcia though. Yeah he's a good looking cunt and has a gazillion followers on something or other, but he's more than that. Turned pro Mexican style as a teenager so the major honours were probably never an option, but he's got hundreds of amateur wins, multiple national titles, he's by no means green.

Luke Campbell might just be one of those names who crops up in the 'best fighters never to win a World title' conversation somewhere down the road. Well schooled technical boxer, but lacking the dig or core strength at the highest level. He reversed the loss with a good performance, but we all watched him get bullied by Yvan Mendy and the feeling was that he's just a bit powderpuff. Man V Boy stuff. Campbell is never going to blow anyone away at the highest level, if he's going to get the job done it's going to be through skill and as bad luck would have it, his two cracks at World titles have come against a supremely gifted Linares and one of the all time greats in Loma. Easier routes to World titles have been known.

Garcia is doing all the right things, knocking over pretty much everything and gradually stepping up class. As a teenager turning pro there's nothing wrong his progress. Given his profile and the names he's being mentioned with we tend to expect more than is realistic, bit of a double edged sword that one. You're not going to knock back or not play up to a massive following, but the product isn't quite there yet.

I like that he's with Reynoso, I like the work Reynoso does with Canelo. You watch a lot of boxing training footage and it some times looks stale, going through the motions a bit. Whatever I see with Reynoso and Canelo, always looks purposeful, like there's a specific end game at work, not your average run of the mill generic boxing training. I also like that Campbell is with McGuigan. Not sure what the arrangement is, long term relations with the McGuigan's tend to be difficult and ends in a ruck. I like Shane. he's a good trainer and like Reynoso, there seems to be purpose behind what he does.

I think at this point in time Campbell is the better boxer, he's got more to his craft than Garcia does. I get the feeling that Garcia might just be a bit too energetic for him and Campbell wont have enough firepower to keep him at bay. Campbell isn't exactly difficult to hit, especially with the right hand and Garcia throws it well and from distance. Campbell won't be done any favours on the cards, he might win rounds, but he won't be winning them big, or big enough to put daylight between them which is what he'll need. I fancy Garcia on points.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

kingry by knockout
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Thread Information