Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Taylor v Apinun Khongsong - 26/9/20 - BT SPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    @Master are you gunna switch over to Sky Sports after the Josh fight?
    Yes, I hope the main event does not clash.
    good stuff, its been a while since we had one of our date nights
    Are you guys going to use masks?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you think, someone in the top 150 next fight?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Do you think he is ready for the step up in class?

Probably best for him to have 2 or 3 more fights like that one last night I'd say.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually thought we got a fight after the first 90 secs. I'm so confused right now.

Has anyone checked if this guy is still rolling about ? This could be a record for longest time rolling about the canvas after a body punch. It was longer than Macklin after getting bodied of GGG. Just as it's true that some guys have glass chin. Fights like this show that some guys have a glass body.

I know Josh is hungry, but this was the equivalent of a peanut butter sandwich, designed to keep him hungry. The Romans knew it was bad to starve the lions, it made them slow, affecting their ferocity. This is poor preparation for more dangerous opponents.

He was young and undefeated and from Asia. So I guess he could have been anything but he turned to be nothing.

Belt organizations need to do a better job with their Rankings and making guys actually earn their shot fighting other Top 5 Guys in their Rankings before they get a Title Shot! They're wasting everybody time and Promoters Money with such garbage
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 09-27-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Thai looked pretty dangerous before this "mandatory" and for 2 minutes until he was stretchered out. Shit mandatory with hindsight, but that's the way she goes. Wonder if all the same conspiracy nuts screaming "dive" did so when Charlo ironed Rosario by a jab to the belly a few hours later.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn’t take you long to make yourself popular again, did it! nice to hear from you again. 👍
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Didn’t take you long to make yourself popular again, did it! nice to hear from you again. 👍
    If boxing is around I’m around. I see Fenny is inventing fake narratives again. Anything to try and tear an African American down. Some things don’t change. You know what Fenny will say by color and country and I’m the bad guy. Bring on 2021

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm all in for a long talked all trinket unification of Taylor v Ramirez but honestly I'd like to see Ramirez have to rematch Postal first. More than earned another crack somewhere down the chain. Can't see either hanging with Taylor at this point though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If boxing is around I’m around. I see Fenny is inventing fake narratives again. Anything to try and tear an African American down. Some things don’t change. You know what Fenny will say by color and country and I’m the bad guy. Bring on 2021
    My man!

So you're still drinking the kool aid with the race baiting shysters? I must admit that Gary Russell Jr - Bill Haney lark was some funny shit. Funny sheit.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn’t take you long to make yourself popular again, did it! nice to hear from you again. ������
    There are a handful of racists on here but Fenster is not one of them. He might be a miserable/dour/sarcastic bastard at times, but any racism is pure projection on your part.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm all in for a long talked all trinket unification of Taylor v Ramirez but honestly I'd like to see Ramirez have to rematch Postal first. More than earned another crack somewhere down the chain. Can't see either hanging with Taylor at this point though.
    I wouldn’t mind a Ramirez and Postol rematch, but I don’t want to chance somehow Taylor losing a belt and then there is no unification fight. Ramirez and Taylor is the obvious match to make. I’ve been waiting a while for it. There’s no reason it shouldn’t be made next

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor after emphatic victory: 'I want Jose Ramirez next. I want that fight as soon as possible'

There could not have been a more emphatic statement from Josh Taylor as the Scotsman had an early night defending defending his WBA and IBF super lightweight world titles with a body shot stoppage in the opening round against mandatory challenger Apinun Khongsong from BT Studios at York Hall.

Taylor, promoted by Bob Arum, is now in situ for an undisputed 140lbs blockbuster fight with Jose Ramirez, holder of the other two divisional belts, presumably when crowds are allowed into arenas again. The Las Vegas based promoter said last week that Edinburgh is firmly under consideration "as long as the numbers make sense."

Business before anything with Arum. It is why he has survived six decades in the sport with his phalanx of greats.

For Taylor, who has already achieved so much and who moved on to 17-0 in his career, the lack of overtime with Khongsong was a definite bonus. It was much to the relief of new trainer Ben Davison, the man who helped bring world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury back from the brink. Khongsong had knocked out thirteen of his sixteen opponents and was undefeated coining to the UK.

Davison told Telegraph Sport on Saturday: "The most pleasing thing about it was that Josh got out of there with very little damage - though he did tell me afterwards that Khongsong hit harder than anyone he had ever fought. I believe Josh will get more credit for this victory later on because the Thai fighter will go on and knock some very big names out. He was a very, very dangerous opponent."

Davison, credited as being a defensive coach through his work with Fury, has worked on the attacking grace of Taylor, a naturally aggressive fighter whose desire is to engage, added: "The truth is the sky is the limit for Josh in terms of how good he could be and he has already achieved so much. We see him as a multi-weight world champion in the future."

Taylor ended the Thai's night early with a perfect left hand to the liver at 2 mins 41 seconds of the opening stanza with WBC and WBO world champion Ramirez waiting ahead, most likely early in 2021.

Taylor's last five opponents had a combined record of 110 wins and 1 loss between them. The resume the 29-year-old from Prestonpans is developing certainly meets any scrutiny, with the former Commonwealth gold medallist headed for major fights if his skills continue to develop and be honed.

“One hundred per cent, I want Ramirez next. He’s a very good champion, unbeaten like myself, hungry, on top of his game. I want that fight as soon as possible," said triumphant Taylor. "To be honest, I would rather wait until the fans are back for that fight. It’s a huge fight. It’s one of the biggest fights at the minute for all the belts.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/jos...155641484.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I wouldn’t mind a Ramirez and Postol rematch, but I don’t want to chance somehow Taylor losing a belt and then there is no unification fight. Ramirez and Taylor is the obvious match to make. I’ve been waiting a while for it. There’s no reason it shouldn’t be made next
    Oh yeh of course, Arum has been putting these ducks in a row for the longest now. Maybe Postal gets winner..if Taylor doesn't go 147 right off..or a rebuild for Ramirez should he lose. Biggest road block right now is the alphabet boys becoming restless the longer it takes and trying to force another unnecessary mandatory or else.

Thread Information