1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Dubois vs Ricardo Snijders

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Utterly pointless!
    Not entirely. We saw some body shots from Dubois and Tyson Fury was wearing a nice suit.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What is Sunny Edward's hair all about? Looks like a right bellend.
    He is quite good though and looks talented.
    Have never really liked Edwards. Cocky gobshite type isn't he?
    Talented for sure but no real power and quick to lose interest in his bouts.
    Gobshite spot on yes that hair lol .😁

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DD just treading water nasty body punches to finish Snijders off roll on bigger and better things ahead.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daniel Dubois gets easy win over Ricardo Snijders to stay on course for October clash with Joe Joyce

Daniel Dubois warmed up for his October showdown with Joe Joyce with a comfortable victory over Ricardo Snijders.

Having not fought since December, Dubois put away Snijders in typically swift fashion, sealing victory inside two rounds to extend his record to 15-0 behind closed doors at the BT Sport studios.

The 22-year-old Londoner has probably had tougher sparring sessions than the challenge put forward by the Dutchman. Dubois swarmed his opponent from the opening bell, flooring Snijders three times in the opening round - the first a shuddering hook to the body delivered right below the ribs.

A fourth knockdown came early in the second round, this time via a right hook, with the referee mercifully stepping in to bring the contest to a close.

Dubois and Joyce have seen their all-London heavyweight showdown postponed twice due to the coronavirus pandemic this year with a new date now beginning to shift into focus on October 24.

Joyce, who had not fought in 12 months, took a tune-up fight in late July, blasting through Michael Wallisch inside three rounds.

And Dubois lived up to his side of the deal, barely breaking a sweat as he swept past Snijders, who was drafted in as a replacement for original opponent Eric Pfiefer 10 days ago.

Focus will now shift to that October date at the O2 Arena for a bout that will see the winner thrust into the world title picture in 2021.

Frank Warren remains hopeful boxing fans will be in attendance on the night. Spectators could return to sporting events across England on October 1 should test events continue to prove successful.

Earlier on the card, Croydon's Sunny Edwards turned in an excellent performance to defend his IBF international super-flyweight title against Thomas Essomba.

Edwards' superb footwork and sharp counter punching saw him ease to a comfortable unanimous points win to move him closer to a world title shot.

Scottish sensation Willy Hutchinson blasted through Ben Thomas inside one round to extend his record to 11-0 with Sam Maxwell securing an unanimous decision win over Joe Hughes in a thrilling super-lightweight contest.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dan...204900841.html

Another London heavyweight David Adeleye also impressed on the bill, extending his professional record to 3-0 after breaking down the durable Phil Williams in the third round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Utterly pointless!
    Not entirely. We saw some body shots from Dubois and Tyson Fury was wearing a nice suit.
    It was a very fetching suit! He spoke really quite well and eloquently actually Fury. Might we be seeing a more mature side to him now?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Utterly pointless!
    It was a very fetching suit! He spoke really quite well and eloquently actually Fury. Might we be seeing a more mature side to him now?
    I think so, Fury has got his hands on AJ's PR men.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Dubois. I like his personality but cmon fisheyes.....as a follow up to Eddie Hearn's Fight Camp, this was up there with Police Academy 7 - Mission To Moscow, as one of the worst sequels I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched it. Not sure it helped either fighter
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    I like Dubois. I like his personality but cmon fisheyes.....as a follow up to Eddie Hearn's Fight Camp, this was up there with Police Academy 7 - Mission To Moscow, as one of the worst sequels I've ever seen.
    I hate those types who are promoter bias, find that very odd, but Matchroom have seemingly managed to carve out something of a fanboy following over the years. Guess a bit like how they made the darts a "night out for the lads" type of thing.

But it is hard to argue this fact. The fightcamps for the most part were pretty decent events, and seemed to get better each week. I know sometimes, you can get a quality match up between relative unknowns (there were plenty over the years on Friday fight night), but Warren's studio events were pretty lacking throughout.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Joyce fight is the yardstick. If Dubois comes through that by any means necessary, I'll begin to buy into him as a serious threat. Say what you like about Joyce, the fuckers no joke. Yeah he's slow as shit and defies all logic, textbooks, the laws of physics.... Joyce is a right hard bastard and what he lacks in pugilistic grace, he makes up for in volume. He's like one of those metal grinding machines that people sit and watch as they throw in a fridge and the machine slowly grinds its teeth into it before spitting it out in little bits.

Dubois had better live up to billing because he's going to need a bomb to stop Joyce coming after him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    The Joyce fight is the yardstick. If Dubois comes through that by any means necessary, I'll begin to buy into him as a serious threat. Say what you like about Joyce, the fuckers no joke. Yeah he's slow as shit and defies all logic, textbooks, the laws of physics.... Joyce is a right hard bastard and what he lacks in pugilistic grace, he makes up for in volume. He's like one of those metal grinding machines that people sit and watch as they throw in a fridge and the machine slowly grinds its teeth into it before spitting it out in little bits.

Dubois had better live up to billing because he's going to need a bomb to stop Joyce coming after him.
    The thought of a "metal grinding machine" and Superman III just about saves you from not giving Joyce's dad the human mudslide a mention.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Human Mudslide

And Still!!! The greatest nickname ever.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information