Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Daniel Dubois vs Ricardo Snijders

Daniel Dubois will return to the ring after an eight-month absence on Saturday when he takes on Dutchman Ricardo Snijders.

‘Dynamite’ Dubois is scheduled to meet fellow London heavyweight Joe Joyce in October, a bout that has been pushed back twice in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Before that, the 22-year-old will have the chance to dust off any lockdown cobwebs in a tune-up fight against Snijders, who was drafted in as a late stand-in last week for original opponent Eric Pfiefer, who was withdrawn from the bout due to an issue with his medical.

Like Dubois, Joyce also took a warm-up fight ahead of their meeting at the O2 Arena on 0ctober 24. The 2016 Olympian needed just three rounds to blast his way through Michael Wallisch in July, extending his record to 11-0 on an easy night's work for the Putney fighter.

Dubois will be looking to take care of business on Saturday in even less time.

Card in full

Daniel Dubois vs Ricardo Snijders
    Sunny Edwards vs Thomas Essomba (IBF International super flyweight)
    Sam Maxwell vs Joe Hughes – (WBO European super-lightweight)
    Willy Hutchinson vs Luke Blackledge
    Sam Noakes vs TBA
    David Adeleye vs TBA
    Date, start time and venue

Dubois vs Snijders takes place at the BT Sport Studios in Stratford, London. The action gets underway from 7pm on Saturday August 29.

Ringwalks for the main event are expected around 10pm.

Fight prediction

With 13 knockouts from 14 bouts for Dubois, this is only going to end one way.

Snijders comes in as a late replacement and while the Dutchman has amassed a record of 18-1, he fights outside his native Netherlands for just the second time.

The 26-year-old lost the one fight against Joel Tambwe Djeko for the IBO Intercontinental cruiserweight title on points in May 2019.

Nothing but an early KO for Dubois - inside two rounds.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dan...201117902.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Dubois vs Ricardo Snijders

Daniel Dubois: I’m not worried about what happens to Joe Joyce after I beat him, it’s him or me

After eight months out of the ring, Daniel Dubois doesn’t plan to spend too much time back in it when he warms up for his October meeting with Joe Joyce on Saturday.

The hard-hitting 22-year-old is set to take on Ricardo Snijders live from the BT Sport studios this weekend, his first fight since the demolition job on Kyotaro Fujimoto last December which saw him extend his flawless professional record to 14-0.

An all-London heavyweight showdown with Joyce, originally slated for April, has been pushed back twice this year due to the coronavirus pandemic but a new date on October 24 is now beginning to shift into focus.

Like Dubois, Joyce took a warm-up fight behind closed doors this summer in a bid to blow away the cobwebs, blasting through Michael Wallisch in three rounds in July. It is Dubois turn this weekend.

“It’s been a hard road back from lockdown, getting back to that full fitness level and getting in fighting shape,” Dubois told Standard Sport. “But we have worked our way here, working every day. We are ready to rumble.

“I want to be ruthless on the night and take him [Snijders] out in devastating fashion. I don’t want to hang around, I don’t get paid for overtime so the quicker the better.”

Dubois and Joyce are both on the cusp of world title contention but there might only be room for one of them.

Alexander Povetkin’s shock victory over Dillian Whyte added another name that thrilling picture on Saturday night with Dubois’ October meeting with 2016 Olympian Joyce expected to serve as a virtual title eliminator for one of the belts currently owned by Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury.

Both Dubois and Joyce want to join the heavyweight elite in 2021 but defeat for either man will bump them down that list of contenders.

At 34 years old, Putney’s Joyce has perhaps more to lose. But that is of no concern to the man who has promised to knock him out at the O2 Arena this autumn.

“I’m not at all worried about what happens to Joe after I beat him. I will fulfil my promise of knocking him out. I want to shock people. I want to go in there, be ruthless and put him to sleep.

"I want to fulfil part of my legacy and part of my journey. I’m not worried about what happens to Joe or any other opponent I face on the way. This is the game, this is the business. One of us goes up, the other goes down. It’s either him or me.”

Dubois, who is currently in possession of the British, Commonwealth, WBC Silver and WBO international belts, was originally scheduled to fight Erik Pfeifer on Saturday but the German was withdrawn from the contest last week due to an issue with his medical.

Dutchman Snijders, who most recently fought at cruiserweight, isn’t expected to trouble the Londoner who is eager to get the minutes under his belt.

“Was I worried it wouldn’t happen? Maybe a little bit. But I was always preparing for that fight on the 29th. Now that we have an opponent signed and sealed, this should come off. I really want to get in there and perform. It’s been a while.”

In the often loud and brash world of heavyweight boxing, Dubois cuts a comparatively quiet figure who still lives at home with his fighting siblings, amateur prodigy Caroline, Team GB’s brightest boxing hope, and younger brother Prince. With father Dave running the show at home, Dubois remains grounded, being carefully guided by promoter Frank Warren and head coach Martin Bowers from the Peacock Gym in Canning Town.

Ranked third with the WBO and seventh with the WBC, Dubois is inching closer to joining Fury and Joshua at the summit of his sport – although his wait to join them will inevitably be delayed with boxing still emerging from its lockdown slumber.

The hunger of having not tasted that world title success yet is a defining factor in separating him from those rivals, however. And he insists it will be worth the wait.

“Will power is what is needed. There is a lot of motivation and singled minded tunnel vision which is what you need to make it in anything, especially this sport. I’m looking forward to putting that will to work and dedicating my life towards the goal.”

With a host of mandatory fights to settle and the possibility of two meetings between Joshua and Fury in 2021, Dubois accepts he will have to be patient. In the meantime, he will continue to do what he does best as he waits for the dust to settle.

"If I keep winning and beating this guys for these belts, they won't have any more excuses not to fight me."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/dan...100547477.html

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricardo Snijders steps in as late replacement to fight Daniel Dubois behind closed doors

Daniel Dubois will defend his WBO International heavyweight title against Ricardo Snijders behind closed doors at BT Sport studios on Saturday night with a blockbuster contest against British rival Joe Joyce awaiting on October 24 should the division's most fancied prospect come through the challenge of the Dutchman.

The British and Commonwealth champion was due to face double Olympian and two time world amateur championships bronze medallist Eric Pfeiffer, but issues with the German's medical tests derailed those plans last week.

While Dubois (14-0, 13KOs) has been in camp with trainer Martin Bowers for Pfeiffer, Dutch title holder Snijders (18-1, 8KOs) took his opportunity to jump into the world rankings with alacrity when the Dubois challenge was offered to him. For Dubois, still only 22, this is the chance to find his timing and shake off the ring rust after eight months out before the fight with unbeaten Olympic silver medallist Joyce, which, Telegraph Sport understands, will still go ahead behind closed doors if London’s O2 Arena in late October is not a viable venue due to the coronavirus pandemic.

"Of course it’s a disappointment that we have had to make a late change [of opponent], but the most important thing was getting Daniel a solid test," explained promoter Frank Warren. “We’ve had Snijders training for weeks getting ready for this fight on the off chance there was an issue."

"Pfeifer‘s team didn’t submit his MRI on time and given the current circumstances we couldn’t stand for the uncertainty or take the risk that the fight would be pulled at the last minute. Daniel hasn’t boxed since last December, some eight months ago. That’s a long time, especially for Daniel who has always been active."

"Daniel trained at home with his sister and younger brother during lockdown and he has been back in the gym with his trainer Martin Bowers for several weeks. Joe got an impressive win last month, so this is Daniel’s chance to show what he’s made of.

"Snijders fancies the fight and was happy to say ‘yes’ and jump at the opportunity of his career. He’s coming up from Cruiserweight and wants to follow in the footsteps of fighters like Usyk, Haye and Bellew.”

Snijders, 26, turned professional in January 2016 and little more than two years later claimed the Dutch title. Seven of his last eight wins have come inside the distance, and knows he will need his power to hold off Dubois. In his last outing, Ricardo knocked out Istvan Kun inside two rounds.

Warren rates Dubois as the finest prospect in the heavyweight division and the world governing bodies appear to agree. Dubois is currently ranked number three for Anthony Joshua’s WBO belt and is at No 7 seven for the WBC title held by Warren stablemate Tyson Fury.

Warren added: “Providing Daniel can solve this Dutch puzzle, we can push on with the Joyce fight and then we can hope for a world title fight next year as a mandatory contender.”

As last weekend's heavyweight contest between Dillian Whyte and Alexander Povetkin showed, the best laid plans can be derailed by a single punch in the heavyweight division. Whyte was in control of the contest until the fifth round, when the Russian stopped the Londoner with a perfectly timed and placed left uppercut, which has removed Whyte from his mandatory world title challenger status with the WBC sanctioning body. But I expect Dubois to find his range and stop Snijders inside four rounds.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ric...082954446.html

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be missing this one, can't say I'm too fussed about it either, I was thinking of taking my chromecast round so I could stream my IPTV but that didn't go down too well when I did it for the Cheeseman v Eggington fight

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shame. Although I know next to nothing about him, I quite liked the look of his previous opponent. Decent pedigree, decent amateur. Maybe team Dubois started to get a squeaky bum and thought fuck this lark, lets stick a pony cruiserweight in the way.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is a shame as it looked a decent test for Dubois.
    This'll be over in the first round.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This should be a thread by its self..

I hate this.

Dubois will win.

His opponent is *sigh* rated 1355 in the world .... the last guy his opponent beat is higher rated than him 🙄

This is why Tysons youngest HW feat will never be beaten.

Pussies fighting pussies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is Sunny Edward's hair all about? Looks like a right bellend.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Wrong post!

But i agree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Wrong post!

But i agree.
    Same event, didn't deserve it's own topic

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is quite good though and looks talented.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Have never really liked Edwards. Cocky gobshite type isn't he?
    Talented for sure but no real power and quick to lose interest in his bouts.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Have never really liked Edwards. Cocky gobshite type isn't he?
    Talented for sure but no real power and quick to lose interest in his bouts.
    Dubois on next.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Triple D knocks down his opponent down three times in the 1st round

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois stops his opponent in the 2nd round.

Thread Information