Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua has ZERO CHANCE of beating Fury - he will be humiliated in fact!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua has ZERO CHANCE of beating Fury - he will be humiliated in fact!

All great points about AJ.

He DID fight better comp and at an earlier poiint in his career. He DID seem to learn a new dimension of fighting in the rematch with Ruiz, but I disagree it is an improvement in his style. It helped himm get by Ruiz, but he cant apply that to Fury. IN fact I HOPE he fights Fury how he fought Ruiz-2, I HOPE he tries that. If he fights that way against Fury, I'll move my FURY KO 8 prediction up to a FURY KO 5 prediction. See, Primo seems to consistently miss that AJ has ZERO lateral movement, like a robot, and therefore he is custom-made for Tyson. On a silver platter. A very, verrrrrrrry slow silver platter.

Denilson has great points. As do all the others. Oh and Primo, telling someone to relax.... I see you got that one-liner out of a Better Homes & Gardens mag or something, but for sure I'm more relaxed than you are, Dude.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua has ZERO CHANCE of beating Fury - he will be humiliated in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    I give post Ruiz Joshua a much higher chance of beating Fury. Fury isn't that good and he's struggled with subpar fighters. I personally think Joshua eats him.
    Are you seeing a knockout of Fury by AJ? LAte or early?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Joshua has continually faced better opposition. Fury has never even made one mandatory defence before he usually goes in to meltdown claiming mental illness or hamburger obesity.

I will give that fury has great movement. His chin has been knocked down just as many times as AJ and most refs would have counted 10 against wilder and he had a stroke of luck the ref never waved it off.

Joshua has better timing, power, combination puncher and finisher and has a better resume. FACTS

Fury could not even finish Wilder PROPERLY and was still on his feet after getting hit numerous times by a fighter who outweighed him by 40lbs and if that was Joshua Wilder would have been Koed plain and simple.

Fury looked terrible against the first half-decent boxer he fought in 5 years in Wallin. Wallin who would not last 4 rounds with Joshua. AJ can fight on the inside and has phenomenal inside combo power.

Joshua will be a shock to Fury,

I don't get why Fury has been put on an untouchable pedestal with only two championship level victories. He took 8 years to get to Klitschko. On the other hand, AJ fought Klitschko with only 4 years’ pro experience and a shorter amateur career than Fury, and has solely fought championship level fights since with far less time to develop.

Ppl are severely overrating Fury and severely underrating Joshua.

Very good post with a lot of common sense written , which to be fair , you usually do when posting about boxing.
    Not 100% in agreement, but many of the points are spot on.
    Yeah and look. I could be wrong. Fury may well go in there and beat AJ. That wouldn't surprise me. But I just feel AJ edges him but we don't know for sure until they step in the ring and that's why we love boxing. Because we don't truly know.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua has continually faced better opposition. Fury has never even made one mandatory defence before he usually goes in to meltdown claiming mental illness or hamburger obesity.

I will give that fury has great movement. His chin has been knocked down just as many times as AJ and most refs would have counted 10 against wilder and he had a stroke of luck the ref never waved it off.

Joshua has better timing, power, combination puncher and finisher and has a better resume. FACTS

Fury could not even finish Wilder PROPERLY and was still on his feet after getting hit numerous times by a fighter who outweighed him by 40lbs and if that was Joshua Wilder would have been Koed plain and simple.

Fury looked terrible against the first half-decent boxer he fought in 5 years in Wallin. Wallin who would not last 4 rounds with Joshua. AJ can fight on the inside and has phenomenal inside combo power.

Joshua will be a shock to Fury,

I don't get why Fury has been put on an untouchable pedestal with only two championship level victories. He took 8 years to get to Klitschko. On the other hand, AJ fought Klitschko with only 4 years’ pro experience and a shorter amateur career than Fury, and has solely fought championship level fights since with far less time to develop.

Ppl are severely overrating Fury and severely underrating Joshua.

Very good post with a lot of common sense written , which to be fair , you usually do when posting about boxing.
    Not 100% in agreement, but many of the points are spot on.
    Yeah and look. I could be wrong. Fury may well go in there and beat AJ. That wouldn't surprise me. But I just feel AJ edges him but we don't know for sure until they step in the ring and that's why we love boxing. Because we don't truly know.
    Exactly that.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly Denilson. I respect ALL opinions, like you do..... though some, sadly, do not.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think that Fury has the beating of AJ pretty easily purely based on his movement and his range, will he knock him out, I doubt it, we've seen that Fury is more than happy to go the distance and I think that he would probably win every round.

But as the GIF shows in Denilsons post, one punch can change a fight and it AJ landed a sweet one on Fury then it would be good night nurse, very much like the first Fury v Wilder fight, Fury would have to be switched on every second of every round, that is why it would be so exciting because even if it was terrible to watch and Fury was cruising to a victory it would only take one lapse in concentration and AJ walks away with the win.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I still think that Fury has the beating of AJ pretty easily purely based on his movement and his range, will he knock him out, I doubt it, we've seen that Fury is more than happy to go the distance and I think that he would probably win every round.

But as the GIF shows in Denilsons post, one punch can change a fight and it AJ landed a sweet one on Fury then it would be good night nurse, very much like the first Fury v Wilder fight, Fury would have to be switched on every second of every round, that is why it would be so exciting because even if it was terrible to watch and Fury was cruising to a victory it would only take one lapse in concentration and AJ walks away with the win.
    There is no question that AJ has the power to knock anybody out. But we have to remember Tyson Fury's chin is superhuman. Not only that but Wilder is much more reckless of a fighter, WHICH IS WHY HE WAS ABLE TO FLOOR TYSON FURY. AJ does not fight in that style. He is not an aggressive fighter at all.

Finally, if Ruiz could knock out Joshua then there is no question that Tyson FURY can also knock him out

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only way Joshua can win is if he goes straight at FURY at the opening bell and tries to knock him out in the first round or two

If Joshua tries to box, he loses all 12 rounds

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

There is no question that AJ has the power to knock anybody out. But we have to remember Tyson Fury's chin is superhuman. Not only that but Wilder is much more reckless of a fighter, WHICH IS WHY HE WAS ABLE TO FLOOR TYSON FURY. AJ does not fight in that style. He is not an aggressive fighter at all.

Finally, if Ruiz could knock out Joshua then there is no question that Tyson FURY can also knock him out
    Do you really think Fury’s chin is “superhuman” ?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, about as superhuman as Ali or Foreman's.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

21KOs in 24 fights somewhat demolishes the idea that AJ is not an aggressive fighter at all. It would be a bit more logical making that claim about Fury but Joshua is way more aggressive than Fury.

Ruiz never sparked AJ cold and that actually leaves a huge question about whether Fury could stop him. Joshua proved he could make the adjustments in the rematch and Fury proved how incredibly overhyped Wilder was in the rematch, so the Fury/Joshua fight could be fascinating.

Watch the Joshua /Wlad fight and then the Fury/Wlad fight and then pretend AJ is not an aggressive fighter. Fury gave a master class but Joshua gave us a classic.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So , is it just Fury’s chin we’re comparing with Ali and Foreman , or any other parts of his make up?
    I’d be interested to know where you rank Fury in these elite circles. Very interested.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So , is it just Fury’s chin we’re comparing with Ali and Foreman , or any other parts of his make up?
    I’d be interested to know where you rank Fury in these elite circles. Very interested.
    In one of Tyson's interviews with his dad they were saying that Fury was the greatest ever heavyweight. Tyson has still yet to defend his title once.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    In one of Tyson's interviews with his dad they were saying that Fury was the greatest ever heavyweight. Tyson has still yet to defend his title once.
    Seems to be his way. I will give the benefit of the doubt on Wilder wanting the rubber match & the pandemic delaying his chance to prove himself.

The dude is a freak in terms of his agility at that size, packed with attitude of a great to add on. But he could screw his potential legacy up if he doesn't defend at least 2x. Meaning the argument to keep him from being mentioned as an ATG is determined by -uh, no more than 2 or 3 fights.

Andrew Ward is my example; not a lot of matches, but he fought in a great era making those few count. I think TF can do the same with a win over Klitchko a long reigning champ, Wilder the KO artist of the era & AJ the young boxer who grabbed all the belts but one.
    His fans can argue quality beats quantity.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 08-30-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What an odd thread! You've gone from saying AJ has not chance of winning "FACT", to painting a scenario where he could possibly win.

Anyway I think if any boxing fan applied logic it would be that Fury will in all likelihood outbox AJ for the most part eating up rounds on points, while AJ could put Fury down and out with his power. Fury has risen before, many times, so it's plausible Joshua will need to put him down a few times for Fury to stay down. Wilder left it til the very last round to find his big bomb, while AJ is probably a better finisher.

We also shouldn't discount Fury's power. He's a big guy, and we know AJ is susceptible of being put down and out himself.

Right now I would favour Fury just slightly to outbox and outwit Joshua, but there's no way you can write off AJ. It's as close to a 50/50 fight as you're gonna get, and that's what's so compelling about this one.

Thread Information