Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anthony Joshua has ZERO CHANCE of beating Fury - he will be humiliated in fact!

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua has ZERO CHANCE of beating Fury - he will be humiliated in fact!

I still think that Fury has the beating of AJ pretty easily purely based on his movement and his range, will he knock him out, I doubt it, we've seen that Fury is more than happy to go the distance and I think that he would probably win every round.

But as the GIF shows in Denilsons post, one punch can change a fight and it AJ landed a sweet one on Fury then it would be good night nurse, very much like the first Fury v Wilder fight, Fury would have to be switched on every second of every round, that is why it would be so exciting because even if it was terrible to watch and Fury was cruising to a victory it would only take one lapse in concentration and AJ walks away with the win.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua has ZERO CHANCE of beating Fury - he will be humiliated in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I still think that Fury has the beating of AJ pretty easily purely based on his movement and his range, will he knock him out, I doubt it, we've seen that Fury is more than happy to go the distance and I think that he would probably win every round.

But as the GIF shows in Denilsons post, one punch can change a fight and it AJ landed a sweet one on Fury then it would be good night nurse, very much like the first Fury v Wilder fight, Fury would have to be switched on every second of every round, that is why it would be so exciting because even if it was terrible to watch and Fury was cruising to a victory it would only take one lapse in concentration and AJ walks away with the win.
    There is no question that AJ has the power to knock anybody out. But we have to remember Tyson Fury's chin is superhuman. Not only that but Wilder is much more reckless of a fighter, WHICH IS WHY HE WAS ABLE TO FLOOR TYSON FURY. AJ does not fight in that style. He is not an aggressive fighter at all.

Finally, if Ruiz could knock out Joshua then there is no question that Tyson FURY can also knock him out

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

There is no question that AJ has the power to knock anybody out. But we have to remember Tyson Fury's chin is superhuman. Not only that but Wilder is much more reckless of a fighter, WHICH IS WHY HE WAS ABLE TO FLOOR TYSON FURY. AJ does not fight in that style. He is not an aggressive fighter at all.

Finally, if Ruiz could knock out Joshua then there is no question that Tyson FURY can also knock him out
    Do you really think Fury’s chin is “superhuman” ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, about as superhuman as Ali or Foreman's.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So , is it just Fury’s chin we’re comparing with Ali and Foreman , or any other parts of his make up?
    I’d be interested to know where you rank Fury in these elite circles. Very interested.

Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So , is it just Fury’s chin we’re comparing with Ali and Foreman , or any other parts of his make up?
    I’d be interested to know where you rank Fury in these elite circles. Very interested.
    In one of Tyson's interviews with his dad they were saying that Fury was the greatest ever heavyweight. Tyson has still yet to defend his title once.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    In one of Tyson's interviews with his dad they were saying that Fury was the greatest ever heavyweight. Tyson has still yet to defend his title once.
    Seems to be his way. I will give the benefit of the doubt on Wilder wanting the rubber match & the pandemic delaying his chance to prove himself.

The dude is a freak in terms of his agility at that size, packed with attitude of a great to add on. But he could screw his potential legacy up if he doesn't defend at least 2x. Meaning the argument to keep him from being mentioned as an ATG is determined by -uh, no more than 2 or 3 fights.

Andrew Ward is my example; not a lot of matches, but he fought in a great era making those few count. I think TF can do the same with a win over Klitchko a long reigning champ, Wilder the KO artist of the era & AJ the young boxer who grabbed all the belts but one.
    His fans can argue quality beats quantity.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 08-30-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Primo, I can compare EXACTLY Fury with Muhammad Ali on TWO fronts. Chin and Mental Fortitude. And for a 6 ft 9 inch dude, I may even on a good day say MOVEMENT as well. But he is not on Ali's level (or Foreman's for that matter) as he has not fought often nor consistently enough to earn that rep.

@Beanz is right that Joshua does have 21 KOs which is a sign of aggression, though I think some of them came as counter-punching kind of KOs rather than straight-at-you-Iron-Mike-style assaults, but still they are 21 of 24 KOs, and there is always that chance he does have against Fury, though I feel it fades fast after about Round 6 that AJ will be able to comeback from what I feel will be a wipeout on the cards if this goes to a decision we're talking 116-113 Unanimously.

The English teacher was right when he posted a few posts above that this is an odd thread due to the fact I said Fury wins 10 out of 10 times yet still said AJ has that slugger's chance (but only through Round 3 or 4 max). It does appear I am arguing both sides a bit, but to be fair to AJ I had to say he can KO anyone if he lands, barring if Fury's chin is even more superhuman than I already feel it is. But nonetheless I am still saying Fury will not get caught by a rushin-in shark-like AJ in the first 3 rounds because AJ doesnt fight like that. If Wilder couldnt do it to Fury, AJ sure as heck wont.

Wlad's movement esp lateral movement was SHIT and then even worse as he was going on 42 years old against AJ. Even a 38 year old Wlad would have finished the job after he put AJ down in Round 6 (was it?). AJ will not be able to do to Fury what he did to the rather stationary 41 yr old Wlad

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

***LET ME PUT IT IN A MORE STRAIGHTFORWARD ANALOGY****

Sonny Liston could fight Muhammad Ali 10 times and he would lose all 10 fights and we all are pretty sure about that. #Fact

Yet nobody would deny that Sonny Liston was a great fighter and I am not denying that Anthony Joshua is a great fighter either.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

21KOs in 24 fights somewhat demolishes the idea that AJ is not an aggressive fighter at all. It would be a bit more logical making that claim about Fury but Joshua is way more aggressive than Fury.

Ruiz never sparked AJ cold and that actually leaves a huge question about whether Fury could stop him. Joshua proved he could make the adjustments in the rematch and Fury proved how incredibly overhyped Wilder was in the rematch, so the Fury/Joshua fight could be fascinating.

Watch the Joshua /Wlad fight and then the Fury/Wlad fight and then pretend AJ is not an aggressive fighter. Fury gave a master class but Joshua gave us a classic.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What an odd thread! You've gone from saying AJ has not chance of winning "FACT", to painting a scenario where he could possibly win.

Anyway I think if any boxing fan applied logic it would be that Fury will in all likelihood outbox AJ for the most part eating up rounds on points, while AJ could put Fury down and out with his power. Fury has risen before, many times, so it's plausible Joshua will need to put him down a few times for Fury to stay down. Wilder left it til the very last round to find his big bomb, while AJ is probably a better finisher.

We also shouldn't discount Fury's power. He's a big guy, and we know AJ is susceptible of being put down and out himself.

Right now I would favour Fury just slightly to outbox and outwit Joshua, but there's no way you can write off AJ. It's as close to a 50/50 fight as you're gonna get, and that's what's so compelling about this one.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post

What an odd thread! You've gone from saying AJ has not chance of winning "FACT", to painting a scenario where he could possibly win.

Anyway I think if any boxing fan applied logic it would be that Fury will in all likelihood outbox AJ for the most part eating up rounds on points, while AJ could put Fury down and out with his power. Fury has risen before, many times, so it's plausible Joshua will need to put him down a few times for Fury to stay down. Wilder left it til the very last round to find his big bomb, while AJ is probably a better finisher.

We also shouldn't discount Fury's power. He's a big guy, and we know AJ is susceptible of being put down and out himself.

Right now I would favour Fury just slightly to outbox and outwit Joshua, but there's no way you can write off AJ. It's as close to a 50/50 fight as you're gonna get, and that's what's so compelling about this one.
    very well put.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only way Joshua can win is if he goes straight at FURY at the opening bell and tries to knock him out in the first round or two

If Joshua tries to box, he loses all 12 rounds

Thread Information