Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anthony Joshua has ZERO CHANCE of beating Fury - he will be humiliated in fact!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua has ZERO CHANCE of beating Fury - he will be humiliated in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I still think that Fury has the beating of AJ pretty easily purely based on his movement and his range, will he knock him out, I doubt it, we've seen that Fury is more than happy to go the distance and I think that he would probably win every round.

But as the GIF shows in Denilsons post, one punch can change a fight and it AJ landed a sweet one on Fury then it would be good night nurse, very much like the first Fury v Wilder fight, Fury would have to be switched on every second of every round, that is why it would be so exciting because even if it was terrible to watch and Fury was cruising to a victory it would only take one lapse in concentration and AJ walks away with the win.
    There is no question that AJ has the power to knock anybody out. But we have to remember Tyson Fury's chin is superhuman. Not only that but Wilder is much more reckless of a fighter, WHICH IS WHY HE WAS ABLE TO FLOOR TYSON FURY. AJ does not fight in that style. He is not an aggressive fighter at all.

Finally, if Ruiz could knock out Joshua then there is no question that Tyson FURY can also knock him out
    What an odd thread! You've gone from saying AJ has not chance of winning "FACT", to painting a scenario where he could possibly win.

Anyway I think if any boxing fan applied logic it would be that Fury will in all likelihood outbox AJ for the most part eating up rounds on points, while AJ could put Fury down and out with his power. Fury has risen before, many times, so it's plausible Joshua will need to put him down a few times for Fury to stay down. Wilder left it til the very last round to find his big bomb, while AJ is probably a better finisher.

We also shouldn't discount Fury's power. He's a big guy, and we know AJ is susceptible of being put down and out himself.

Right now I would favour Fury just slightly to outbox and outwit Joshua, but there's no way you can write off AJ. It's as close to a 50/50 fight as you're gonna get, and that's what's so compelling about this one.
    very well put.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua has ZERO CHANCE of beating Fury - he will be humiliated in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Yes, about as superhuman as Ali or Foreman's.
    So , is it just Fury’s chin we’re comparing with Ali and Foreman , or any other parts of his make up?
    I’d be interested to know where you rank Fury in these elite circles. Very interested.
    Primo, I can compare EXACTLY Fury with Muhammad Ali on TWO fronts. Chin and Mental Fortitude. And for a 6 ft 9 inch dude, I may even on a good day say MOVEMENT as well. But he is not on Ali's level (or Foreman's for that matter) as he has not fought often nor consistently enough to earn that rep.

@Beanz is right that Joshua does have 21 KOs which is a sign of aggression, though I think some of them came as counter-punching kind of KOs rather than straight-at-you-Iron-Mike-style assaults, but still they are 21 of 24 KOs, and there is always that chance he does have against Fury, though I feel it fades fast after about Round 6 that AJ will be able to comeback from what I feel will be a wipeout on the cards if this goes to a decision we're talking 116-113 Unanimously.

The English teacher was right when he posted a few posts above that this is an odd thread due to the fact I said Fury wins 10 out of 10 times yet still said AJ has that slugger's chance (but only through Round 3 or 4 max). It does appear I am arguing both sides a bit, but to be fair to AJ I had to say he can KO anyone if he lands, barring if Fury's chin is even more superhuman than I already feel it is. But nonetheless I am still saying Fury will not get caught by a rushin-in shark-like AJ in the first 3 rounds because AJ doesnt fight like that. If Wilder couldnt do it to Fury, AJ sure as heck wont.

Wlad's movement esp lateral movement was SHIT and then even worse as he was going on 42 years old against AJ. Even a 38 year old Wlad would have finished the job after he put AJ down in Round 6 (was it?). AJ will not be able to do to Fury what he did to the rather stationary 41 yr old Wlad

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

***LET ME PUT IT IN A MORE STRAIGHTFORWARD ANALOGY****

Sonny Liston could fight Muhammad Ali 10 times and he would lose all 10 fights and we all are pretty sure about that. #Fact

Yet nobody would deny that Sonny Liston was a great fighter and I am not denying that Anthony Joshua is a great fighter either.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Comparing Ali/Clay with Fury on Mental Fortitude hey?
    On the one hand , we have a guy that won an Olympic Gold Medal for his Country only to realise on his return that he was treated like a second class citizen and wasn’t even allowed in some restaurants because of the colour of his skin.
    Then he rises rapidly through the ranks to take on the beast of the day that EVERYONE was scared of, and not only beat him fairly easily against all odds, but in the build up to the fight , taunt and ridicule him like no-one ever dared to before.
    And then at the peak of his career , risk everything for the sake of his morals after Alienating the Whole nation and probably the whole World with his religious beliefs.
    And then , after giving up his peak years, do it all over again and take his title back off the next BEAST that everyone was scared of.
    All the time , being under the spotlight like no other sportsman and very few people in history have ever been before. And dealing with that.
    On the other hand, you have a guy that won a World title, went off the rails , spiralling into an abyss of drink and drug issues, mental depression, very close to a Suicide attempt and ballooning in weight by 130lbs and experiencing low self esteem and basically not being able to cope.
    Right, so maybe I’m being harsh, maybe he had the “mental fortitude “ to lose that weight and get back on track. Well yes, but Ali would never have got into that position in the first place.
    And please let’s not compare “beasts”. Nobody would utter Liston or Foreman’s name, whereas everybody wanted Wilder and Wilder even resorted to calling out novices when he was champion.
    Any decent HW Would beat Wilder. Trouble is, there aren’t many decent ones around.
    Fury’s mental state is fragile, precarious. He knows himself that it could all go pear shaped again, and that’s why I don’t see him having the same mental strength.
    Don’t get me wrong, I admire Fury and I really hope he can live a long, happy , content life. That is more important to him than any titles.
    I’m not hating on Fury, I’ve already said he would be favourite if the fight was made, and I stand by my opinion that currently , apart from the AJ Fight , the only way he loses to anyone is because of himself and his mental state at the time.
    I’m sorry , I don’t see it as mental strength, it’s a time bomb and closer to metal weakness I’m afraid.
    I like the guy as a person and like I said, my main hope for Fury is that he finds inner peace and holds onto that for many , many years to come.
    Ps. Please let’s not even consider comparing them on movement.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

aj has a chance. why would he be humiliated by losing to one of the best heavies today?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mainly I was talking about mental fortitude in the ring. Just like Muhammad Ali, Tyson fury completely Sykes himself up to know deep down in his being that he is not going to lose the fight. His will to win.

And clearly he does have mental fortitude to pull yourself back from the brink of suicide and drug addiction. Even you have just admitted that.

but I was mainly talking about inside the ring during a fight. Tyson fury has a kind of craziness to him a mental fortitude and they crazy and I felt like Muhammad Ali had a bit of that craziness too ,and showmanship , which seemed to raise him up another notch.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again it's going to be like Ali vs. Liston

Thread Information