Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tszyu has eyes on world title after stopping Horn

Tim Tszyu has his eyes on the world title after improving his undefeated record by overcoming Jeff Horn following eight rounds in a light-middleweight bout.

The imperious Tszyu, son of boxing legend Kostya, improved to 16-0 in Townsville on Wednesday and quickly case his gaze towards a potential meeting with WBO light-middleweight king Patrick Teixeira.

Former WBO welterweight champion Horn, who defeated Manny Pacquiao in July 2017, was dropped twice before he retired on his stool ahead of round nine, succumbing to a third loss of his career.

The build-up to the fight was overshadowed by a claim that Tszyu had been training at a gym owned by one of the judges, while another was forced to apologise after it emerged he had tipped Tszyu to win.

The WBO refused to change the judges, but Tszyu ensured they were not needed.

After a scrappy start Tszyu found Horn's chin with a powerful left uppercut in the third round and sent him to the canvas.

Horn managed to get back to his feet but his opponent remained in control, working the head and body effectively to grind away at the 32-year-old.

WBO global super welterweight champion Tszyu followed an excellent right with a body shot to send Horn down for a second time in round six but he continued to show patience and was rewarded at the end of the eighth.

In a post-fight interview, Tszyu said: "All respect to Jeff, he's achieved so much. He's given Australia this platform. This is a young man's sport and I was better this night.

"I said, 'Give me competition, someone who can test me.' It was sink or swim and I'm not going to sink, I'm going to swim. I want the real world title strap around my waist soon.

"I'll be back in the gym Monday and I'll be training, because I know this is not the end, this is just the beginning and this motivates me to keep going.

"It was an honour to share the ring with Jeff."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tsz...134202348.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tszyu has eyes on world title after stopping Horn

Now if only Rickey Hatton had a son to fight him in an intergenerational de ja vu

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Now if only Rickey Hatton had a son to fight him in an intergenerational de ja vu
    Hatton’s son is only about 17 and an amateur.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the future of ozzy boxing. bring on patrick & that wbo title
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I didnt even know if he had a son, but I wonder if that has ever happened before where 2 sons fought just like their fathers did.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu is his own man he made his own way in boxing his dad pissed off back to Russia and married again he was a young lad.
    He apparently has little to do with his father good luck to Tim well done.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao conqueror Jeff Horn contemplating ring retirement

Jeff Horn has been encouraged to retire after the former world champion was beaten by Tim Tszyu in a super-welterweight bout.

Three years after beating Manny Pacquiao at a packed Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, the Australian said he felt relief Wednesday when the official stopped their bout ahead of the ninth round.

Horn didn't officially end his career after the loss, but knows it will be difficult for him to convince his wife and two daughters that the best decision is to fight on after his third loss from his last five bouts.

''I'll go home and talk to (wife) Jo but I know what she's going to say,'' he said. ''In the end, I have to ask if I have more in the tank or is that it. I probably don't have the hunger of Tim Tszyu. I've been there, done the world title, I was just fighting for the big fights and the mountain was too big for me tonight.''

Tim Tszyu is the son of former world champion and Russian-born Kostya Tszyu.

Horn's promoter Dean Lonergan suggested the time was right for former school teacher Horn to retire.

''I think tonight would be a nice full stop,'' Lonergan said of the 32-year-old Horn's career. ''The baton I think's been passed.''

Horn had dropped a weight division and entered the Townsville stadium bout in north Queensland full of confidence, but it didn't take long for Tszyu to assume control. Horn was knocked down in the third and sixth rounds and referee Phil Austin stopped the contest after eight rounds.

''He was very good; he made me look silly out there,'' Horn said of Tszyu. ''It was more of a relief than anything that the referee was saying he'd seen enough.''

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/pacquiao...3646--box.html

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tim Tszyu defeats Dennis Hogan via fifth-round TKO to further his world title threat

Tim Tszyu produced another clinical performance to dispatch Dennis Hogan in five rounds and deliver a reminder of his emerging potential.

The son of boxing legend Kostya Tszyu retained the WBO global super-welterweight title in Australia on Wednesday and improved his perfect record to 18-0.

His latest impressive win comes four days after Campbell Hatton's pro debut - their fathers collided in a classic fight in Manchester in 2005 which Ricky Hatton won, his finest ever night.

Australia-born Tszyu has now won three times via stoppage since boxing's comeback last summer and is a viable threat to the world titles.

He stopped Hogan in quicker time than WBC middleweight champion Jermall Charlo.

Tszyu was forced to overcome a cut from an accidental head clash against Hogan but he controlled the fight.

A left hook hurt Hogan in the fourth round after constant body punches.

Tszyu knocked Hogan down in the fifth and, as he moved in to finish the job, the towel was thrown in.

Tszyu is ranked as the WBO's No 1 contender to the world title held by Brian Castano. Britain's Liam Smith is No 2.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...d-title-threat

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu could foreseeably surpass his old man's achievements.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the hornet & now the hurricane. tim doing it right
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

timmy taking another good domestic fight against michael zerafa in july

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    timmy taking another good domestic fight against michael zerafa in july
    michael pulled out & timmy took out late substitute steve spark in three. joe noynay fattened my wallet by icing over hyped liam wilson. timmy looking to step up in his next fight

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

timmy looking to step up again against super bad tony. this is a valuable learning fight for timmy

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I didnt even know if he had a son, but I wonder if that has ever happened before where 2 sons fought just like their fathers did.
    Dude looks so much like his father, Maury Provich wouldn't need to open the envelope. Kostya...YOU ARE the father!!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tony wasn't super bad enough to come down under. takeshi will be here instead on november seventeenth

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information