Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Are you getting a flu shot this year

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    They normally inject a flu strain from the previous year and you become immune to that particular one. However you could still get a different flu and the thought of getting injected for no good reason does not appeal to me.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/vaccine-selection.htm

Well master it seems to be a little more involved than using last years flu but perhaps it’s different the Britain and the bottom line being it’s not a sure thing anyway. 40-60% effective or success rate. That’s what the material I was given when I got the shot said. I’ve read 46% of those who get covid are asymptomatic. I guess it’s similar odds as getting covid and feeling nothing. What’s going on in England? Is the flu shot being pushed cause they are pushing it here. They “the powers that be that is” don’t want a bunch of people getting the flu, freaking out thinking they have covid. They really flooded the flu shot and made it extremely easy and free to get. My state is still hovering around the 1% transmission rate but my neighbor who works at a local hospital told me they had four recent admissions for covid. He stated if there is a second wave the medical community
    is confident they can handle it, he said if you are in decent health you will survive but he did say male Hispanics seem to get hit harder than others. Now he works at a city hospital in my state and this city, about 20 minutes from me has a large Hispanic population so I’m not clear if he was saying male Hispanics in general or just the ones he has treated.

Anyway I gotta bring 4 people to get a flu shot and now I have administration asking me how we should do it as technically these people can’t be brought into stores due to state rules. They are actually asking me if the pharmacist will come outside to administer a shot. Wtf use your brain no they won’t come out of the store to administer a shot. You guys want to make crazy guidelines, tell everyone to follow them and now you see the rules you set don’t play out in the real world that’s not on me.

They did it to me today as well, I was taking someone who lives independently for bloodwork they said “oh can you bring this residential dude” I said sure but remember you guys made the rule not to mix the two at any time? They let slip a verbal shit. It’s funny to see the people who set the rules in offices patting themselves on the back come face to face with how impossible they make things. Things like this used to make me mad, now I just remind them of their rules and tell them if they want me to break them I will but they need to send me an email stating it.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry I got off topic and rambled. As far as this flu shot thing goes I guess it would be possible to get the flu and covid at the same time right? As a matter of fact perhaps you would be more susceptible to getting covid when you have the flu if you are all run down and beat up. I don’t know I’m not a big vaccine dude but it just seems if you are ever going to get a flu vaccine this would be the year. If we are freaking out and taking all these precautions over something that half the people who get it don’t even know they have it but your paranoid as you might give it to someone who isn’t in that half that don’t feel anything we might as well top it off with a flu shot.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have not heard them push the flu shot this year probably because the are dealing with covid 19 virus. My dad normally gets it every year. The weather has changed and people are getting the sniffles and coughs now thinking it is the virus when it is not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have not heard them push the flu shot this year probably because the are dealing with covid 19 virus. My dad normally gets it every year. The weather has changed and people are getting the sniffles and coughs now thinking it is the virus when it is not.
    I wouldn't get the vaccine if somebody paid me

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master, they are pushing the 'flu shot this year .... they have said that over 50's can also have a free vaccine this year (the numbers will depend on how many are left over after the usual over 60's are done). Sort of makes sense this year for lots of reasons.

Incidentally, the doctor who started the whole anti-vaccine thing, claiming that MMR gave people autism, has been thoroughly and provably scientifically discredited as a charlatan. Having lived in Africa in my youth, I saw vaccines save millions of lives.

So, I will probably have one if I can. It's personal choice whether other people decide not to, but it likely leads to diseases surviving longer in the population and giving opportunity for them to evolve immunity to the jabs?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

.... but then again, Man never landed on the moon, the earth is actually flat, Covid isn't real and is the result of a massive joined-up conspiracy, US paedophiles get their kids from a pizza parlour, the royal family are really lizard Aliens

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure WTF covid19 's origin is, but Im pretty sure at this fucking point IT DID NOT COME FROM BAT SOUP.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    .... but then again, Man never landed on the moon, the earth is actually flat, Covid isn't real and is the result of a massive joined-up conspiracy, US paedophiles get their kids from a pizza parlour, the royal family are really lizard Aliens
    can you tell me how you know covid is real?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Yes, I can 🤔

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Yes, I can 🤔
    fucking hell man

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Yes, I can 🤔
    when you're ready
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    ​Yes, I can 🤔
    when you're ready
    You mean when you're ready to open your eyes and see what the world is going through.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Yes, I can 🤔
    when you're ready
    You mean when you're ready to open your eyes and see what the world is going through.
    what you believe the world is going through. waiting to hear how you know anytime you're ready

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Yes, I can 🤔
    when you're ready
    what you believe the world is going through. waiting to hear how you know anytime you're ready
    You will never be ready to hear what everyone else knows is true.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Yes, I can 🤔
    when you're ready
    You will never be ready to hear what everyone else knows is true.
    so when you're ready tell me how you know whats true

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information