Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
They normally inject a flu strain from the previous year and you become immune to that particular one. However you could still get a different flu and the thought of getting injected for no good reason does not appeal to me.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/vaccine-selection.htm

Well master it seems to be a little more involved than using last years flu but perhaps it’s different the Britain and the bottom line being it’s not a sure thing anyway. 40-60% effective or success rate. That’s what the material I was given when I got the shot said. I’ve read 46% of those who get covid are asymptomatic. I guess it’s similar odds as getting covid and feeling nothing. What’s going on in England? Is the flu shot being pushed cause they are pushing it here. They “the powers that be that is” don’t want a bunch of people getting the flu, freaking out thinking they have covid. They really flooded the flu shot and made it extremely easy and free to get. My state is still hovering around the 1% transmission rate but my neighbor who works at a local hospital told me they had four recent admissions for covid. He stated if there is a second wave the medical community
is confident they can handle it, he said if you are in decent health you will survive but he did say male Hispanics seem to get hit harder than others. Now he works at a city hospital in my state and this city, about 20 minutes from me has a large Hispanic population so I’m not clear if he was saying male Hispanics in general or just the ones he has treated.

Anyway I gotta bring 4 people to get a flu shot and now I have administration asking me how we should do it as technically these people can’t be brought into stores due to state rules. They are actually asking me if the pharmacist will come outside to administer a shot. Wtf use your brain no they won’t come out of the store to administer a shot. You guys want to make crazy guidelines, tell everyone to follow them and now you see the rules you set don’t play out in the real world that’s not on me.

They did it to me today as well, I was taking someone who lives independently for bloodwork they said “oh can you bring this residential dude” I said sure but remember you guys made the rule not to mix the two at any time? They let slip a verbal shit. It’s funny to see the people who set the rules in offices patting themselves on the back come face to face with how impossible they make things. Things like this used to make me mad, now I just remind them of their rules and tell them if they want me to break them I will but they need to send me an email stating it.