Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What was the lifespan of your oldest pet

So my cat sooper dooper is coming up on 22 years old. She has some medical issues but she is ok. I need to give her daily IV, steroids and now she has this cold type thing that keeps coming back. She was diagnosed with cancer when she was 16 or so. I don’t know the math exactly but sooper is well over 100 in human equivalency. Anyone have any pets or past pets that lived a longer than average life? I had a German Shepard when I was younger I think she lived to 15. As far as I know that’s about average. I’ve been weighing sooper I can’t seem to get her to put on weight and I feed her all the time. Thyroid is fine along with other organs. I fear soopers time is coming but I’ve learned not to focus on that part of things.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What was the lifespan of your oldest pet

My first dog was a staffie named Sophie, she was 17 when she went, good age that was

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done Sooper, that is a great age.

This is Genghis, he is 20

Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Our Border Collie 'Toby' was 19 when he died. Great dog. My mum was (still is) a terrible cook. I used to feed him boiled potatoes out the back door when I couldn't stomach them. Never let me down.

I used to walk him every day. That was my job to earn subs for football. Then one day, his back legs just stopped working. Had to carry the poor fucker home.

Doug, the cat is coming up 10. Only half way to Genghis and Sooper I'll give you that. But he did almost die after a fight with a dog which I'm sure knocked years off him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Little dated but I named him Colonel Mustard that day, the canned cat food was actually palatable

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So my cat sooper dooper is coming up on 22 years old. She has some medical issues but she is ok. I need to give her daily IV, steroids and now she has this cold type thing that keeps coming back. She was diagnosed with cancer when she was 16 or so. I don’t know the math exactly but sooper is well over 100 in human equivalency. Anyone have any pets or past pets that lived a longer than average life? I had a German Shepard when I was younger I think she lived to 15. As far as I know that’s about average. I’ve been weighing sooper I can’t seem to get her to put on weight and I feed her all the time. Thyroid is fine along with other organs. I fear soopers time is coming but I’ve learned not to focus on that part of things.
    My dog was nearly fifteen when she passed and my cat was over seventeen but if you ever explored the reason why yours is twenty-two, remember this, the long life of a pet(Companion) reflects the decency of his owner and the ability to give your pet love and get unconditional love in return. "This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Casablanca with Humphrey Bogart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    My dog was nearly fifteen when she passed and my cat was over seventeen but if you ever explored the reason why yours is twenty-two, remember this, the long life of a pet(Companion) reflects the decency of his owner and the ability to give your pet love and get unconditional love in return. "This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Casablanca with Humphrey Bogart.
    Nice of you to say, I thank you and sooper dooper thanks you

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Our Border Collie 'Toby' was 19 when he died. Great dog. My mum was (still is) a terrible cook. I used to feed him boiled potatoes out the back door when I couldn't stomach them. Never let me down.

I used to walk him every day. That was my job to earn subs for football. Then one day, his back legs just stopped working. Had to carry the poor fucker home.

Doug, the cat is coming up 10. Only half way to Genghis and Sooper I'll give you that. But he did almost die after a fight with a dog which I'm sure knocked years off him.
    Damn must have been a bad fight. I grew up with cats. I guess my parents liked them but really it was my father which was strange as he didn’t seem to like anyone, always liked animals though. We had two cats that would beat up dogs. Didn’t matter how big the dog was these cats would not run and when the dog charged them they would time a perfect leap and land on the dogs back with full claw extension. Every time the dog would turn tail yelping and run away. Not my current cats, they are scared shitless of dogs. My neighbors dog torments my cats for fun. It’s not an issue though my neighbor is cool and all it does is chase the cat but he made the mistake of going after a bobcat last year, probably thought it was like my cat and was going to run and be fun for doggy. Well doggy ended up at the vet with stitches. Big dog, looks more like a cow. Took a good 4-5 months till doggy felt good enough to bother my kitties again

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My best friend at school was given a black Labrador puppy and it was picked on by his cat. As the dog got bigger it chased cats whenever he saw them and eventually got lost chasing a stray cat in the park.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information