I spent a lot of time on the road today doing some visits. I found a cool radio station that try’s to analyze what’s going on without taking a political side. It’s kinda cool. Different than everyone shouting each other down. Well, they had this economist on who has been so for 40-50 years. He was talking about some interesting things debt to gdp in historical times and events. He was talking about the pandemic of 1968 and a number of other things I’m not very familiar with. Anyway the main reason I bring it up is he said he always thought the economic boom called “the roaring twenties” was a result of ww1 ending. He said going back to the documents makes him see the roaring twenties were in large part brought about by the end of the pandemic of that era. He said people were so tired of being cooped up and the massive loss of life etc they just went into celebratory mode and in so created an economic boom. He was then suggesting we could see something similar when covid is resolved. He wasn’t predicting or anything just laying out scenarios. I’m sure many could poke holes in that theory, I could myself but I could understand why it might happen. It was an interesting concept, it would be good to see something positive come out of this. It certainly wouldn’t wipe away the negative but if it did something to alleviate some of the economic suffering that would be cool. These things aren’t written in stone and I’m not trying to present it as it is. Just passing along an interesting talk I heard, not passing judgement on it as I can’t tell the future just found it an interesting discussion.

He also pointed out all these politicians on both sides writing these checks aren’t the ones who will have to pay back. Trump, Nancy, Schumer, Mitch none of them will be around. I guess that might make it easier to drop of few trillion when you know you don’t have to worry about the cleanup. Interesting times in which we live. This is a major event. In ten years or so it will be interesting to look back and discuss how we handled ourselves during these times, politicians as well.