Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Where would you rank Pacquiao all time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Pacquiao retired today, where would you rank him all time?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Pacquiao retired today, where would you rank him all time?

IMO, Floyd is better (More skilled), while Pacquiao is greater (Better resume and accomplishments).

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was watching some Sugar Ray Robinson fights last night and would love to watch him fight Floyd Mayweather

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I was watching some Sugar Ray Robinson fights last night and would love to watch him fight Floyd Mayweather
    That would be an easy win for Robinson but a fight with Leonard or even Hearns would be a true great contest for the original Sugar Ray.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That would be an easy win for Robinson but a fight with Leonard or even Hearns would be a true great contest for the original Sugar Ray.
    Yeah Leonard or hearns would really give him some problems. But Mayweather was almost impossible to hit ...that could turn out to be a really boring fight

I have to say I was very surprised that Jake LaMotta was able to land almost 150 jobs pretty solid on sugar Ray Robinson's face. I was starting to think that Robinson may have been easy to hit. Maybe lamatta just had that style that he could land the jab at will

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Leonard or hearns would really give him some problems. But Mayweather was almost impossible to hit ...that could turn out to be a really boring fight

I have to say I was very surprised that Jake LaMotta was able to land almost 150 jobs pretty solid on sugar Ray Robinson's face. I was starting to think that Robinson may have been easy to hit. Maybe lamatta just had that style that he could land the jab at will
    Jake never fought Sugar Ray Robinson at welterweight he was too big.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jake never fought Sugar Ray Robinson at welterweight he was too big.
    True.

"I fought Sugar Ray so often I almost got diabetes," Jake LaMotta has often joked and the most painful of those six fights was at Chicago Stadium on St. Valentine's Day in 1951. It is one of the most famous fights in boxing history.

The number of jabs that Jake landed on sugar Ray is amazing. Even though he was totally outclassed and totally outgunned, he didn't give up and he was never knocked down.

He was landing double jabs real sharp and solid straight into sugar Ray's face the whole night. I don't think any of those punches ever bothered sugar Ray but they were pretty stiff jabs. it didn't look like Ray wanted to block any of the jobs I guess he was more worried about a power Punch coming behind it

Thread Information