Thread: Robert Helenius is a scary dude: March 2020 Knocks Out Kownacki in 4

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Robert Helenius is a scary dude: March 2020 Knocks Out Kownacki in 4

let this guy fight Aj or Wilder

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Helenius is a scary dude: March 2020 Knocks Out Kownacki in 4

He's really not Brock

This says everything about Kownacki, and nothing we didn't already know about Helenius. Shame, I liked Kownacki. But if you're planning on getting to the top, you don't get clattered by Helenius. You just don't.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Helenius is a scary dude: March 2020 Knocks Out Kownacki in 4

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    He's really not Brock

This says everything about Kownacki, and nothing we didn't already know about Helenius. Shame, I liked Kownacki. But if you're planning on getting to the top, you don't get clattered by Helenius. You just don't.
    Memphis, Kownacki hits hard, and Helenius took it all very well. I mean some would have been sparked from some of those shots. He took dozens like that.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow!!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That fight right there, Brooklyn, New York, my old stomping grounds, what a fight it was, a great comeback by Robert in Rd 4. Looked like he was fucked until that point. Kownacki was just walking him down and really letting his hands fly. One of the best HW fights Ive seen lately.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just Wow!!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Just Wow!!
    If I wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looks as though Robert Helenius may get a shot with a little luck at the winner of the Anthony Joshua/Pulev fight. I think he has revivified himself and has some good people now in his corner.

They should let him fight Andy Ruiz or somebody like that or the winner of the AJ fight

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s amazing how one victory can change everything.

Robert Helenius was seen as a has-been when he stepped into the ring to face Adam Kownacki on March 7 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The Finn walked out as a major player in the heavyweight division for the first time since the early 2010s.

Helenius, demonstrating that power is the last thing to go, stunned the boxing world by stopping the then-unbeaten Kownacki in only four rounds.

Now he could be only one more victory away from challenging for one of the belts owned by Anthony Joshua, who rebounded from his upset loss to Andy Ruiz Jr. to regain his titles last December

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Robert Helenius on Anthony Joshua: 'I think I would beat him'

"I think it would be a very interesting fight [against Joshua],” Helenius told Sky Sports. “I would like that very much. It would be fireworks and tactics, of course, but I think it would be a very, very interesting fight for me. I was very surprised that he got knocked [out by Andy Ruiz Jr]. He made mistakes, but he did well in the second fight.

“Ruiz and me are very different fighters. We are the same height, Anthony and me. I’ve been there in a sparring camp with him. I have nothing personal against him, he’s a very good guy. I think very highly of him and I like him a lot, but I think I would beat him.”

And he’d be happy to face Joshua in the U.K.

“Of course, the Vikings have been there many times before,” Helenius said. “Yes, that is exactly what I’m planning to do (a Viking invasion).”

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No denying Helenius' power. Kownacki has a sturdy chin. I thought more of Kownacki also... but in retrospect he probably would've gotten murdered by any of the Big Three. Even Andy Ruiz Jr. on a good day probably takes him out.

I'm still wondering though...... where is the "s" in Kownacki's name?

All night long he was getting called Kownaski.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    No denying Helenius' power. Kownacki has a sturdy chin. I thought more of Kownacki also... but in retrospect he probably would've gotten murdered by any of the Big Three. Even Andy Ruiz Jr. on a good day probably takes him out.

I'm still wondering though...... where is the "s" in Kownacki's name?

All night long he was getting called Kownaski.
    Its either the weird Polish spelling/pronunciation thing, which I have noticed at times over the years, or the announcers were clueless.

Kownacki is really tenacious and puts awesome constant pressure on his opponents. Lots and lots of punches. Highest avg. thrown/round of any heavyweight out there now. Imagine Ruiz and him. Well it depends which Andy shows up. Kownacki had Helenius gassed and his nose was a big mess. He went too early for the kill. Shouldve kept doing what he was doing another 2 rounds, then maybe in the 6th/7th gone for it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Just Wow!!
    Or indeed, talk.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Just Wow!!
    Or indeed, talk.
    Which nobody can do on a keyboard, retard.

😆🙄🤢 .... but I gotta write, your ass must be pretty jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another possible opponent for Helenius? Tyson Fury. Helenius has sparred with both Joshua and Fury.

“It’s a whole different fight,” he said of a prospective meeting with Fury. “… I would not reveal … secrets, how I would go about the fight. It’s also a very interesting fight.”

Thread Information