Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rbg

@Beanz, what a wonderful meeting (s!) it was tonight! The meetings are increasing in size and we were all really delighted to meet your missus as well, she is a great person and I can see why you have been together for so long. Fantastic comraderie and good vibes every minute of it. Rich has been right all along, and Titofan had it right all along, as well, once we are on the live meeting, EVERYONE IS SO CIVIL and that the keyboard warrior bullshit is nowhere to be found. Beanz rightly put it ".....afraid to have their prejudices smashed to smithereens.....". The 8 people on the meeting tonight represented 6 different countries, 8 totally different backgrounds and personalities, and as it is face to face and all adults, it all went smashingly well. Had Joe @greynotsoold not been in Illinois for his birthday and Dave not been sparring in Cincinnati (he will be showing us some clips next week by the way!) we would have had 10. @Master and I did a test 3 nights ago, and some tablet problems were occurring or we would have had him and @X was also missed, so we would have had 13 participants.

That was our 10th consecutive week of SaddoZooms and it is only increasing in participants.

Every single member of this forum is welcome to join. Whether there have been fights, or friction, or whatever.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 09-20-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did anyone watch the Netflix documentary “RBG”? I think it’s still on. I’ve read more about Marshall who in imo was a badass than I have Ginsburg, I really think my interest in the Supreme Court was stoked by two history teachers I had who were very enthusiastic teaching about the court. Made me pay attention.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I will stand by what I said. I thought due to RBG just passing, the election being so close, all the BS Lindsey and company spouted I thought they should hold off on filling her seat. However calling a politician a hypocrite is pretty much saying they are breathing so I’m not surprised. I do like Barrett and I do find it funny when the democrats who preach equality attack her faith. But anyway time to break out the popcorn it’s going to be a hell of a fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a fight the Dems shouldn't pick. Sure, the Republicans do flip flops and 180's (Lindsey Graham) when it suits them... contradicting themselves shamelessly. But so do the Dems. So what else is new.

What should matter are Barrett's qualifications. That the Republicans are trying to push her through because they feel it'll serve their agenda... sure. It's nauseating. But it's not breaking any rules or laws, so just let it go.

There are more important battles to fight.

BTW... I used to think lowly of Graham BEFORE. He's only dropped from there. The guy's a total sleazebag.

Thread Information