Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
Tits don’t know if you have heard about “internet 2.0”. The British dude involved in the creation of the internet and others are leading the way with its creation. The content will be run on the blockchain which would make it difficult for a couple companies to take it over and monetize it. It could create social media controlled by the people rather than an entity. How much this would help the issues presented in the documentary I’m not sure but it would decentralize things. It’s like really in depth I’m sure you have stumbled across articles about it. It is more meant to counter the monetization and controlled flow of information over the web. Really a handful of billionaires and companies currently control access to information which is completely counter to the internet’s intent. In many cases our opinions and behaviors are altered by these people and companies. It’s an interesting thought, don't think it’s a cure all but it would address part of the problem.

TBH I've heard some... but don't know that much about it. From the sounds of it, seems like a worthy endeavor. Gotta wonder though, about the success of it, and whether it'll end up being just another corruptly-run enterprise.