Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Dubois for real?

Watching video of Daniel Dubois and I have to say he looks to have some skill. We all know he has power but that means little when you face a real champ. So does he have what it takes?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Dubois for real?

Not at the highest level. The fight between him and Joyce basically just gets rid of one pretender to the crown.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Triple D is the real deal, he has steadily improved his boxing skills, got faster and now has an excellent jab. There is still a lot to develop but he is young enough to gain the experience to become a world champion if managed correctly.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got to be careful with heavyweights, especially British ones. But I think Dubois has the tools to be successful unlike the likes of British heavyweight hypes of years gone by:

Audley Harrison - Obviously any olympic gold medalist gets hype, and he started off well being up cans, but essentially didn't like getting hit back and crippled boxing on BBC forever!
    David Price - Looked to be the real deal while knocking out cans, but chin of glass made that all come crumbling down. I remember getting a bit excited about him early days
    David Haye - Seemed to have all the tools and athleticism to translate his cruiser success at a weak heavyweight division with just Wlad at the top. His feeble attempt at Wlad was my biggest disappointment for a fighter I was a fan of.

Dubois has scary power, seems to be taking things seriously, wants to and keeps improving. He can jab and box, and we've also seen him in a firefight. It was a bit of a war with Richard Lartey, and while he was something of an unknown name he threw shots with good power and bad intentions and Dubois took a few of them flush!

Of course there are bigger hitters and this is the heavyweight division, but I don't think Dubois will be a rabbit in the headlights when he gets someone smacking him back.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Got to be careful with heavyweights, especially British ones. But I think Dubois has the tools to be successful unlike the likes of British heavyweight hypes of years gone by:

Audley Harrison - Obviously any olympic gold medalist gets hype, and he started off well being up cans, but essentially didn't like getting hit back and crippled boxing on BBC forever!
    David Price - Looked to be the real deal while knocking out cans, but chin of glass made that all come crumbling down. I remember getting a bit excited about him early days
    David Haye - Seemed to have all the tools and athleticism to translate his cruiser success at a weak heavyweight division with just Wlad at the top. His feeble attempt at Wlad was my biggest disappointment for a fighter I was a fan of.

Dubois has scary power, seems to be taking things seriously, wants to and keeps improving. He can jab and box, and we've also seen him in a firefight. It was a bit of a war with Richard Lartey, and while he was something of an unknown name he threw shots with good power and bad intentions and Dubois took a few of them flush!

Of course there are bigger hitters and this is the heavyweight division, but I don't think Dubois will be a rabbit in the headlights when he gets someone smacking him back.
    Joshua iced Johnson in 2 rounds , he went the distance with Dubois.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Joshua iced Johnson in 2 rounds , he went the distance with Dubois.
    Granted that fight was a bit of a shit show. He wasn't at his best that night Dubois, and journeyman Johnson has taken many the distance.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois has a good jab.

But can he use that jab against world class opponents.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This covid-19 has messed everything up. Dubois has to stay busy if he can. A long layoff can really hurt him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    This covid-19 has messed everything up. Dubois has to stay busy if he can. A long layoff can really hurt him.
    !

His next fight against Joyce is a real test for him and he has had a warm up fight very recently to keep him sharp. He should be fighting by the end of the year.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Johnson fight scrambled his brain a bit I reckon. It doesn't matter how many people told him before hand that Johnson will fiddle about, mess him around and try to survive. Dubois is a kid who wants to impress and Joshua is his yardstick. Human nature for him to want to do as well if not better. Setting himself up for a fall trying to force Johnson out of there. When it didn't happen he got a bit confused. He can have a pass on that one. Good learning fight.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information