Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Boy Fans "Gut it Out" and not a "Blow Out" !!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pretty Boy Fans "Gut it Out" and not a "Blow Out" !!!

My prediction wrong, you guys win. But I was winning on the first four rounds. lol
    Your boy Mayweather did good. Looks like he can be in many exciting fights.

And another thing too:
    Considering Zab is the easiest of the "name" opponents at Welterweight. There's much more tough fights out there, considering Judah always implodes under pressure.
    *Coughs! Antonio Margarito!!!! And Ricky Hatton won't quit like Judah did either.

I tell you, Mayweather isn't as good as you guys think though. His speed was matched tonight.
    Floyd dominated more, but Journeyman Baldomir actually was able to hurt Judah twice, almost KO him, and having him run away. Floyd found it difficult to land his right on Zab's head. Zab's head movement kept Mayweather confused, just as Sharmba's. The fight wasn't the blow out that the official scorecards had it. 119 for Mayweather? Give me a break.

And gawd damn, Pretty Boy was knocked down in the SECOND!!! I'll never like Richard Steele.

The difference in the fight was Floyd's discipline. Mayweather was focused throughout the fight.
    It was Jones Tarver I all over again. In the first fight, whenever Tarver had output, he dominated.
    And Tarver, just like Zab in this fight, didn't have what it takes to keep that output going. He had Mayweather thinking though. Just as I was saying, "consistency" is all Zab needs. He didn't have it. And Mayweather did the right thing to keep Judah backing away.

NOTE TO MAYWEATHER FANS:
    Your boy had a tough time with Zab Judah. Took Zab to the distance, just exactly like Carlos did. I knew that, even a fighter on Zab's level, could give Floyd problems. Even though Floyd was overall the better fighter, there is a reason he takes on easy fights. Because now he's competitive at this level. If Mayweather struggles that much in the beginning of the fight for Zab, then your favorite fighter has MANY tough fights ahead of him.

Conclusion:
    Great performance by Mayweather, but expect many other fights that will be closer than you think. Where Mayweather won't blow them away. Mayweather is awesome, but there is a reason he's been taking it easy lately.

He's human and competitive at this level, which could be a great thing. He can be in some exciting fights with Hatton and Margarito. I'll tell you what, if your favorite fighter, now "Welterweight Champ" can beat up Hatton or Margartio. I'll give him all the credit in the world. There is a reason why Zab wouldn't fight Margarito and Hatton is at a higher level than Zab, I'll tell yah that.

Yes he, Pretty Boy, can win it.... But no longer will it be "Pretty."

And now he may be in too deep with the "Big Boys."

(Big Boys don't include "OLDEN BOY" Oscar de la Hoya, who hasn't won a fight in around 3 years.)

I just thought of that....
    ... you heard it hear first...... I WAS THE FIRST TO GIVE OSCAR THAT NICKNAME!!!
    (((Actually, I wasn't. haha ))))

"Olden Boy" Oscar de la Hoya!!!!!

Great Fight night guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pretty Boy Fans "Guts it Out" and not a "Blow Out" !!!

I think pbf looked great and it proved what I thought;if you don't get pbf early you won't get him at all.Judah looked good in the first couple of rounds because it seemed to me like floyd was measuring him to see where and how his punches were coming. once he figured it out judah couldn't hit him anymore. the only reason baldomir hit judah with those rights was because judah wasn't taking him seriously. he took pbf very serious. He didn't showboat and he keep his hands up. He just got beat by the better fighter. I don't see margarito beating floyd. I like margarito but he is too slow. Mayweather will beat him to the punch all day. Hatton would be an interesting fight but i still think floyd wins that one. Besides those 2 i don't see anyone else being able to compete with floyd.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pretty Boy Fans "Gut it Out" and not a "Blow Out" !!!

excellent posting

to be honest the fight went pretty much how i thought. zab was dangerous for a time and did give floyd problems. but mayweathers aptitude, ability and durability won the fight. zab resorted to defensive mode and im afraid there was no way he could win by just resorting to jabbing and throwing the occasional cluster....

i agree completely that margarito and hatton are a completely different level of competition completely. both will try and win the fight and wont care about trying to just get through the 12....they will be there to tough it out, something zab couldnt go through...

PBF has some tough fights out there....lets see if he now takes them....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pretty Boy Fans "Guts it Out" and not a "Blow Out" !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    I think pbf looked great and it proved what I thought;if you don't get pbf early you won't get him at all.Judah looked good in the first couple of rounds because it seemed to me like floyd was measuring him to see where and how his punches were coming. once he figured it out judah couldn't hit him anymore. the only reason baldomir hit judah with those rights was because judah wasn't taking him seriously. he took pbf very serious. He didn't showboat and he keep his hands up. He just got beat by the better fighter. I don't see margarito beating floyd. I like margarito but he is too slow. Mayweather will beat him to the punch all day. Hatton would be an interesting fight but i still think floyd wins that one. Besides those 2 i don't see anyone else being able to compete with floyd.
    Lets just hope Mayweather makes those fighs.

I'll tell you what, Zab had Mayweather measured already. And Mayweather, being the fighter that he is, measured him back. So yes, great performance by Mayweather. But expect more surprises, cause Judah is just the beginning.

And if you guys blow off Hatton and Margarito as you guys do, so easily. Then expect surprises coming your way. I seriously doubt any fight fan's boxing knowledge if they think Hatton or Margarito is going to be an easy night for Floyd. I really do. Because Floyd won't be able to hurt Margarito. And Hatton won't relent on his pressure. If you think those type of fighters can't beat an A level fighter, just because those fighters don't look "pretty" then .....then I don't think you know boxing. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    excellent posting

to be honest the fight went pretty much how i thought. zab was dangerous for a time and did give floyd problems. but mayweathers aptitude, ability and durability won the fight. zab resorted to defensive mode and im afraid there was no way he could win by just resorting to jabbing and throwing the occasional cluster....

i agree completely that margarito and hatton are a completely different level of competition completely. both will try and win the fight and wont care about trying to just get through the 12....they will be there to tough it out, something zab couldnt go through...

for guessing the outcome.

I'm excited. Hell, if Mayweather can pull off a win against Hatton and/or Margarito. Then I'm a Bling King Fan myself, cause that fight he was in tonight was entertaining!

Except when he enters in with Hatton or Margarito, cause I'll root for them no matter what.
    I'm just like you... Hope he makes them, now that he's "Welterweight Champ."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stylistically Zab is the toughest fight at Welterweight. Floyd beat him. Doesn't matter who won the first 5 rounds, it matters who won the entire fight. I am proud of both of their performances, but I think they are both competitive. And since Hatton is moving up to 47 I'd like to see him fight either of them after Collazo if he wins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    excellent posting

I'm excited. Hell, if Mayweather can pull off a win against Hatton and/or Margarito. Then I'm a Bling King Fan myself, cause that fight he was in tonight was entertaining!

Except when he enters in with Hatton or Margarito, cause I'll root for them no matter what.
    I like your opinions Gyrokai, and you are factual. But, Margarito stands no chance against Floyd. He is a hyped up Corrales, that will get beat as bad, if not worse. Hatton, obviously doesn't want Floyd. To tell you the truth, I would rather see Floyd fight one of them instead of Oscar, because Oscar poses a bigger threat.

Diaz-Cotto was a great fight. Don't you agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF did his thing tonight....didn't have the power to knock out Judah though. Fighting Oscar might be profitable but Oscar hasn't won in 3 years....Hatton will get beat down like Gotti did...I love Gotti but that was insane!!! Remember Hatton is coming up as well...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    excellent posting

I like your opinions Gyrokai, and you are factual. But, Margarito stands no chance against Floyd. He is a hyped up Corrales, that will get beat as bad, if not worse. Hatton, obviously doesn't want Floyd. To tell you the truth, I would rather see Floyd fight one of them instead of Oscar, because Oscar poses a bigger threat.

Diaz-Cotto was a great fight. Don't you agree?
    Oscar's did have one of the best jabs.... ever? ? ? He has huge shoulders for a fighter with his frame. Good for Jabbing I believe. That jab was probably the reason why he has never been KO'd on the chin. If he looks great against Margarito, I may change my mind on "Olden Boy" de la Hoya. But from my perspective, Oscar's last statement win was.... Yory Boy Campas

Yeah, I was hoping Diaz would pull it off. I think he was the boxer with the plan, and stuck to it. I like that Diaz goes to college too, full-time. That's freagin' nuts!!! Hard working kid. If only he could punch, heheh. Yes, the last round, just made me like Diaz's performance much more. c-c yah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Stylistically Zab is the toughest fight at Welterweight. Floyd beat him. Doesn't matter who won the first 5 rounds, it matters who won the entire fight. I am proud of both of their performances, but I think they are both competitive. And since Hatton is moving up to 47 I'd like to see him fight either of them after Collazo if he wins.
    Hopefully Hatton wins that one. Cause Collazo is no joke. While Zab statisticallly has the talents, Hatton, I believe, has the statistical style to give Floyd the most problems.

Yes, I liked the fight. Zab's East Side of him coming out and attacking Roger! haha And Floyd coming back and making it clear why he's at A level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roger was trying to attack his dad, what would you have done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    PBF did his thing tonight....didn't have the power to knock out Judah though. Fighting Oscar might be profitable but Oscar hasn't won in 3 years....Hatton will get beat down like Gotti did...I love Gotti but that was insane!!! Remember Hatton is coming up as well...
    Yes! The reason why Floyd won't be able to knock Mayorga out.
    Your right, Hatton still needs to fill out at 147. But he isn't called Ricky "Fatton" for nothing! heh
    He can easily fit into this division.

Yeah, Oscar's performances lately hasn't been making people go "ooohhh!!! Dammn!!!" unless he's at the end of it. Oscar is a fight, that will make multi-millions for everyone, fill up sports bars, get guys drunk as hell, and at the same time.... remind all the casual fans how boxing can be so "one sided" and how fights don't live up to the "hype." Again, Mayorga fight may change my mind, but I don't think so.

Lately many BIG fights haven't lived up to the hype. (HBO)
    Only the "underground" Showtime has been making awesome fights left and right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roger was trying to attack his dad, what would you have done?
    Helped him out! haha, NO, I'm kidding!!! (Sorry Dad.)

Actually, I thought the riot break did two things:
    1) Made the fight even more entertaining.
    2) Give Judah the "time-out" he needed to fight better after the Mayweather "hot comeback."

Yeah, Judah should be proud of himself. He did great.

I still.... think he could have kept his focus and kept Mayweather thinking. Cause Mayweather really didn't have the confidence to throw mad combo's to the body, until Zab stopped his output. Then, he might of won. But that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked the 12th. Floyd told his corner "I want to stop him
    but once Zab hit him with that left hand.. Floyd went ... "ok.. box box!!!!" lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked the 12th. Floyd told his corner "I want to stop him
    but once Zab hit him with that left hand.. Floyd went ... "ok.. box box!!!!" lol
    hahaha

Thread Information