User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taxation: Where do you stand?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Taxation: Where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I don't. Ever hear of a transit visa? Some countries aren't directly connected to others. Plus got locked down here, you know airline travel is 99% restricted now to most countries. If you're trapped, you're not choosing to live there. Just waiting for the world to accept amerikkkin COVIDIOTS again.
    You were here well before COVID kicked off. But you want peace, I'll leave that alone so you can carry on as you were.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I don't. Ever hear of a transit visa? Some countries aren't directly connected to others. Plus got locked down here, you know airline travel is 99% restricted now to most countries. If you're trapped, you're not choosing to live there. Just waiting for the world to accept amerikkkin COVIDIOTS again.
    You were here well before COVID kicked off. But you want peace, I'll leave that alone so you can carry on as you were.
    No, you can ask. We can do it peacefully Im sure. Yes, I returned to America in August 2015 for the first time since June 2007. 8+ consecutive years abroad without so much as a quick visit to the States. Whilst completing my contract in Ankara, Turkey, in 2015, a co-teacher had gotten a good ESL job in Manhattan, and he offered me a job there upon my completion in Ankara. Seeing as the job I had lined up for September 2015 in Nairobi had fallen through, and our Alien Registration Cards for Turkey were expiring just 30 days after my contract completion, and also had to get out of storage some belongings back in NYC in 2007, we decided to go, briefly, and also... --- in-laws in Queens, The Bronx and Brooklyn, also Jersey City. Took the job in NYC and held it til Dec. 2018 --- 3 years and change. Started and Won a court case against a sleaze landlord in Jersey City, took 8 months for that in 2018-2019, awarded a hedge fund check from the company that repossessed his house, and traveled across the country from NJ to SF and on the way back stopped in Texas, and out of the blue landed a teaching job.... took it and after a year we got shut down (the schools and the travel). And here we are.

El Kabong Guest

No, you can ask. We can do it peacefully Im sure. Yes, I returned to America in August 2015 for the first time since June 2007. 8+ consecutive years abroad without so much as a quick visit to the States. Whilst completing my contract in Ankara, Turkey, in 2015, a co-teacher had gotten a good ESL job in Manhattan, and he offered me a job there upon my completion in Ankara. Seeing as the job I had lined up for September 2015 in Nairobi had fallen through, and our Alien Registration Cards for Turkey were expiring just 30 days after my contract completion, and also had to get out of storage some belongings back in NYC in 2007, we decided to go, briefly, and also... --- in-laws in Queens, The Bronx and Brooklyn, also Jersey City. Took the job in NYC and held it til Dec. 2018 --- 3 years and change. Started and Won a court case against a sleaze landlord in Jersey City, took 8 months for that in 2018-2019, awarded a hedge fund check from the company that repossessed his house, and traveled across the country from NJ to SF and on the way back stopped in Texas, and out of the blue landed a teaching job.... took it and after a year we got shut down (the schools and the travel). And here we are.
    Oh ok so you were LIVING here and WORKING here but you were planning on leaving? That's fine.

Awful nice of you to take time to shit all over this country which afforded you such opportunities. I've traveled abroad, I would live abroad....I doubt I'd shit on where I lived though....seems like an asshole thing to do. Not calling you and asshole, but saying that shitting on where you choose to live is kind of an asshole thing to do. And you're free to disagree with that which I assume you do.

I mean there's complaining about a place, but you seem to genuinely have a distaste not only for the area in which you live, but the people that inhabit that area.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh ok so you were LIVING here and WORKING here but you were planning on leaving? That's fine.

Awful nice of you to take time to shit all over this country which afforded you such opportunities. I've traveled abroad, I would live abroad....I doubt I'd shit on where I lived though....seems like an asshole thing to do. Not calling you and asshole, but saying that shitting on where you choose to live is kind of an asshole thing to do. And you're free to disagree with that which I assume you do.

I mean there's complaining about a place, but you seem to genuinely have a distaste not only for the area in which you live, but the people that inhabit that area.
    My answer to you was 0% sarcastic, and you managed to reduce your reply to maybe 2% sarcastic. Not bad from the 100% we were both giving a few posts earlier.

Yes LIVED and WORKED (just returning your 2% there ) .... and yes, totally from day 1 planning on leaving, as odd as it seems to look to you, as that is a long-term temp stay you could say I had in NYC.... but yes, always planned on leaving, and BTW after about 4 months, the job wasnt as great as it was advertised and in NYC, when you signed a 1 year lease and you pay $2150 per month rent, you get stuck and the time flies by. Respect your opinion its an asshole thing to do, and yes you nailed it, I do disagree with that. Sometimes you get stuck temporarily more so, rather than it was just you choosing to live somewhere. I fought like an alley rat to scrape out whatever I could find over the past 3 years here, patched together 5 part time gigs like I was clawing at a concrete wall with my fingernails until they bled. NYC is tougher than most people can imagine, its a totally different animal than ANYWHERE I ever lived, and I've lived in A LOT of places, here and abroad. --- it was more torturing to get it all together than anything else. You're also free to disagree with that characterization and I too assume you do.

El Kabong Guest

My answer to you was 0% sarcastic, and you managed to reduce your reply to maybe 2% sarcastic. Not bad from the 100% we were both giving a few posts earlier.

Yes LIVED and WORKED (just returning your 2% there ) .... and yes, totally from day 1 planning on leaving, as odd as it seems to look to you, as that is a long-term temp stay you could say I had in NYC.... but yes, always planned on leaving, and BTW after about 4 months, the job wasnt as great as it was advertised and in NYC, when you signed a 1 year lease and you pay $2150 per month rent, you get stuck and the time flies by. Respect your opinion its an asshole thing to do, and yes you nailed it, I do disagree with that. Sometimes you get stuck temporarily more so, rather than it was just you choosing to live somewhere. I fought like an alley rat to scrape out whatever I could find over the past 3 years here, patched together 5 part time gigs like I was clawing at a concrete wall with my fingernails until they bled. NYC is tougher than most people can imagine, its a totally different animal than ANYWHERE I ever lived, and I've lived in A LOT of places, here and abroad. --- it was more torturing to get it all together than anything else. You're also free to disagree with that characterization and I too assume you do.
    The capitalization for emphasis was just solidifying the point I was making by the way not sarcasm.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The capitalization for emphasis was just solidifying the point I was making by the way not sarcasm.
    OK thanks for clarifying. After our sniping going on for so long, one just takes practically everything as sarcasm. All good.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-la...a-2018-update/

The top 50% pay 97% of the tax bill. The bottom 50% pay 3%

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a lot of what sets taxpayers the wrong way is the disconnect to how money in used and misused. Guess that's why we have elections though eh. I can see both sides on the "wealthy" paying a bit more compared lower middleclass but I'm also not a fan of requiring more by hand of Government from an individual based largely on feelings of fairness. Then again when you here about a billionaire (?) dropping the annual income of lower middleclass on haircuts and gel, well that's BS too. But hey..their money. Could be worse like Broner and be sitting in a Popeyes bathroom wiping his arse with hundreds . Lets not kid ourselves and think all rich have logged direct miles on the earning front, hands full of calluses and 80 hr weeks. Some are literally born into it. Or win the lotto etc. On the flip side people earning 40k or below get a BS stereotype wrap as settling on less, unmotivated or lower educated etc. You don't know how life has knocked the best laid plans sideways per the individual. Who are we kidding, I'm not rich nowhere near so defuq do I know. What I know is I'm a workaholic and Uncle Sam has been dipping his fingers into my wallet since 1986 and there always seems to be the exact same pothole sitting on my City street waiting to hand me an unexpected bill or some slick hair politico telling me how the price of Pentagon toilet seats has gone up so I better get ready to feel a pinch. People just want to keep their money, especially the ones who literally bleed, sweat and bruise all in a days work to support their family. "Retirement fund"..ha!

What about a flat tax? I've heard it knocked around and on it's face would seem to fall into the fair category. It's simple but maybe that's what some of these codes need. I would be in favor of an incentive and more benefits available to those under a base rate of maybe 50k and without knowing the language some of the write off loopholes in much higher brackets might need some rework. I dunno. I find it hard to hold out hope for individual and corporate tax reform with the current situation and the fact we've boiled everything down to class warfare much of the time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not in favor of the flat tax rate. Same percentage for every wage group? Nah. I just think the stratification needs to be worked on, to create a fair system which yes... puts more burden on the rich... but doesn't create ridiculous extremes that hinder economic growth. Low income wage earners should pay some taxes. Just how much is above my pay grade, but again... the stratification should be fair to all.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

amerikkins -- cursed since Day One from genocide of native Americans and enslavement of Africans -- have been poisoned since the mid-50s, with chemicals in the water and food chain, with sick messages on TV and radio, etc. Now the most disgusting nation on Earth, with the most disgusting people on Earth, and the most hated nation on Earth.... by far. There is no nation on Earth more hated. But oh, "they are all jealous of America".

Yeah, that's why...

Damn, those chickens have come home to roost.
    Getting worse by the day. And few nations have been spared the wrath of the loser-really loses. USA, Britain and now China has pissed on shat on stepped on developing nations to the point it would make little sense living elsewhere.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information