Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford vs Brook..14th Nov

I'd like to think it is politics of boxing causing this fight, but no way to be sure. Seems every 1/2 decade a certain promoter holds the cards via the stable.

Just a side question- Had Tim Bradly NOT signed with Arum, would he have gotten that fight with Pac? Was it the fight we wanted to see? As much as I like his boxing ability I still can't figure out how he ended up getting a trilogy. 2nd fight was definitive. My bad, back to topic!!! Hope Bud wants the top & having trouble getting them as opposed to being the problem himself.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook had so much potential but fucked himself with his partying, coke snorting and closet homosexuality problems which ended in him nearly having his leg cut off with a machette.
    When you look back his only name win was an extremely dubious points win over Porter.
    Then he went on a run of shit opponents like Jo Jo Dan before getting battered by GGG and then quitting against Spence.
    One look at his fight resume proves he won't be remembered at all In years to come.

Over hyped or serious under achiever?

Crawford will school, batter then retire him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Promise unfulfilled. Better than Naz and all that. On his day when he was strong and not fucking about with weight Brook was an elite level fighter, World class whatever you want to call it. But his career has been punctuated by things outside the ring and poor decisions in it. Beating Porter was a great result and save for Mayweather (I think) Brook would have given any of the other champions around that time a decent argument. Thurman, Bradley?

Then just as he's about to be in the mix with those lot he goes and gets his leg chopped off. The donut Dan, Gavin and the other one come back fights. Then Golovkin. Im sure the thinking was that win lose or draw he comes out of the GGG fight with nothing but praise. Which he did. He also came out of it with a smashed in face. Next fight! Errol Spence. He did well against Spence early doors, it was a top quality fight. But then the other side of his face gets smashed in. In some way shape or form what happened in the Golovkin fight, had an affect in the Spence fight. I don't know if it was physical, mental or both. But the GGG fight came back to haunt him.

Now! Bud fucking Crawford. No promotor, no trainer (not the usual one anyway) Unless Brook is trying to set some sort of record for toughest set of fights to win a World title under the worst of circumstances then you have to wonder if he's not just a bit fucking mental.

I hope he does well. I hope he makes Crawford work for it. I just think Crawford will do what he wants when he wants. GGG and Spence beat the fight out of Brook. He's getting by on muscle memory now.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Brook had so much potential but fucked himself with his partying, coke snorting and closet homosexuality problems which ended in him nearly having his leg cut off with a machette.
    When you look back his only name win was an extremely dubious points win over Porter.
    Then he went on a run of shit opponents like Jo Jo Dan before getting battered by GGG and then quitting against Spence.
    One look at his fight resume proves he won't be remembered at all In years to come.

I’m surprised he got the decision with Porter.

Kell Brook is solid but he’s no special K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

From what I remember, Porter was seen as some sort of scary baby bull after what he’d done to Alexander.
    And everybody thought Brook was going over to sell his title.
    But Brook dealt with Porter pretty handily. I thought he totally deserved it and exposed Porter.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

From what I remember, Porter was seen as some sort of scary baby bull after what he’d done to Alexander.
    And everybody thought Brook was going over to sell his title.
    But Brook dealt with Porter pretty handily. I thought he totally deserved it and exposed Porter.
    Brook boxed beautifully against Porter and deserved the decision. Porter is just rugged, spoiler and too crude against the top boxers.
    Last edited by Master; 10-26-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Premier Sports have picked this up in the UK.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...-the-uk/162376

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone knows he's killing himself to make 147 and it's an obvious cash out. Sad he ends up on a two bob channel with no promotion. However, I would love for Brook to prove everyone wrong. And a prime Brook is Crawfords toughest ever opponent by miles.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Brook booked his Carlos Formento for his corner after liking what the bloke posted on Instagram? Um....

Anyone else heard of the bloke?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/54681867
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

‘Don’t come running back to me when you’re struggling’ - Eddie Hearn hits back at Kell Brook

Eddie Hearn has hit out at Kell Brook in their row over “loyalty” following the pair’s bitter split.

The former IBF welterweight champion is set to take on pound-for-pound superstar and WBO king Terence Crawford on 14 November after linking up with Bob Arum’s Top Rank.

Despite landing arguably the biggest fight of his career, the Sheffield fighter could not resist criticising Hearn for not showing what he claimed as loyalty to convince Matchroom’s partner Sky Sports to buy the fight.*

Premier Sports have stepped up to buy the exclusive rights for the world title fight, despite Brook fighting on Sky for the majority of his career and conceding he was “absolutely gutted” at the failure to strike a deal.*

Brook appeared to also rile Hearn with his claims that he “got him [Hearn] out of jail” when he agreed to fight Gennady Golovkin in 2016, while claiming the promoter was “more interested in signing books [than making fights]” ahead of the release of his book.

“I was really disappointed to be honest with you, and I was quite angry,” Hearn told iFL TV. "I will say this because I do feel like 99 per cent of what was said was total b*******. I do feel like I should give you the truth.

"Let's just start with the Crawford fight and Sky situation – When Amir Khan boxed Terence Crawford, Kell Brook flew out there and he was talking to Top Rank.

“He had meetings with Top Rank probably about that fight and probably about other fights as well which didn't go down very well with me to be honest with you. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy.

“I was never involved with one conversation they had with Top Rank regarding this fight, no consultation, no opinion from me, no part of the negotiations of the deal whatsoever.

“They chose to do this to all *the them. Was that because they didn't wanna pay me? Or they wanted to go their separate way?

“Once you turn your back on me, don't ever turn round and start walking back to me. You're either with me or you're not.
    “If you're with me, I will give you everything as I have done for that young man for eight years.

“When I talk about loyalty, I talk about sitting in the hospital with him when he spunked the weight and didn't even train for Carson Jones. Sitting in that hospital with him until five, six o'clock in the morning.

“Talking about flying out to Fuerteventura at 4 o'clock in the morning to go and deal with him and be with him in the hospital with the police there. I've been up to his house dozens of times, sat in his kitchen with him and his dad, and tried to get his career back on track.

“So don't talk to me about loyalty. And what your loyalty is – after I had to give you fights against Jo Jo Dan, Kevin Bizier, Sergey Rabchenko, Michael Zerafa, Mark DeLuca, fights that I've done my conkers on over the years – you made the decision to turn your back on me.

"I don't have a problem with that, but once you do that, you're gone, I don't have to fight for you anymore.

“Don't come back when things ain't working out and that's what they did. They chose to have me not involved in this fight and when they couldn't sell it to a UK partner, they come to me, ‘Oh I really wanted it on Sky for the fans’.

“Don't talk b*******. You wanted the most money you could get. This is the reality.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=spartanntp

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Micky Duff would have told Eddie - "if you want loyalty get a dog." Never fall in love with a fighter.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are saying Crawford will slaughter Special - K , if he kills him will that make Crawford a Cereal Killer ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford vs Kell Brook

Kell Brook is gearing up for his Las Vegas showdown with WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford.

The Brit has claimed three wins to rebuild his career following back-to-back defeats to Gennady Golovkin and Errol Spence Jr.

Now he’s set for another tough test against Crawford, a 36 and 0 unbeaten champ who is widely regarded as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters around.

There are suggestions that Brook has taken this fight to secure one last pay day before hanging up his gloves.

But the Sheffield fighter is eager to prove his critics wrong and claim a welterweight world title for the first time since 2016.

Crawford beat Egidijus Kavaliauskas last time out and took out Amir Khan in April, 2019.

The 12-round welterweight clash will take place on Saturday, November 14 and is being held behind-closed-doors at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

As it’s taking place in the USA, UK fans will face a late night/early morning for this one.

The main event ring walks should get under way from around 5am on Sunday, November 15 but that will depend on the undercard results.

‘Monster’ Brook insists he can beat Crawford and is not just in Las Vegas for one last pay day.

He said: “I’ve got to applaud Terence Crawford for taking this fight, because he is in there with a monster with self-belief.

“He is one hell of a fighter but a smaller man naturally to me. I’m a dangerous man, a big welterweight and a force to be reckoned with.

“Everybody has been writing me off. I’m going against everyone. This fight is for me. Nobody else bar me.”

Brook is not working with regular trainer Dominic Ingle due to the COVID-19 lockdown and is with Carlos Formento.

He added: “He’s a guy I followed on Instagram because I like his style.

“I had never worked with him previously because Dominic is my trainer number one. I messaged him on Instagram and basically said ‘let’s work together’.

“The first day, I knew that we gelled unbelievably. He is basically obsessed. He is passionate. And that’s everything I need in this fight.”

Crawford vs Brook: Tale of the Tape
    Terence Crawford vs Kell Brook

Nationality: American – British

Height: 5ft 8 – 5ft 9

Stance: Southpaw – Orthodox

Reach: 74in – 69in

Record: 36-0-0 – 39-2-0

KOs: 27 – 27

Rounds: 204 – 216

Debut: 14/3/2008 – 17/9/2004

Nickname: Bud – Special K

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...ring-walks-tv/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    People are saying Crawford will slaughter Special - K , if he kills him will that make Crawford a Cereal Killer ?
    ok Al that was good.

Nice rematch in co main. I think Franco repeats v Maloney and has a decent chance to make something dramatic in the late rounds. We've really entered into the rebound of boxing. It only took all year

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell Brook is lean, mean and ready to shock Terence Crawford, 'world's best pound-for-pound fighter'

Kell Brook’s career-defining fight with Terence Crawford was made in a few seconds when the two elite fighters went tete-a-tete in Las Vegas in February, just minutes before Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder weighed in ahead of their blockbuster World Boxing Council heavyweight title clash. I can report this as Brook had just been on the radio with me for TalkSport and he was in a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops as Crawford went by with a few friends.

Crawford, in the top three pound-for-pound fighters in the world, and an undefeated three-weight world champion, has been on Brook’s mind for a long time. It is a fight he is motivated enough to make weight for (“to train my ass off for...”) and the chance, if it goes well for him, to leave the sport with a legacy.

Urging him to go to and confront Crawford, I recorded it on my phone. They talked for only a couple of minutes. It was affable, two fighters looking each other up and down. When I caught up with Brook this week by video, the Sheffield fighter and former world welterweight champion, already in Las Vegas, looked physically lean and mean. Brook is up for this.

“It were only a couple of minutes. With promoters it can take forever but with just the fighters it can take a few minutes and you’ve got the biggest fight in boxing,” he says. “Even more interesting it was about me making the weight. He kept saying, ‘Can you make the weight?’ He weren’t saying he could beat me, it was more about the weight. This is probably going to be the easiest I’ve made welterweight, as strange as that sounds.

“You keep learning. The punishment I’ve put my body through, I’ve not let myself blow up. I’ve been investing more time in myself. Training very hard and well and listening to my nutritionist. I’ve been listening and taking it one day at a time. Most of the weight is off now. Most of the time in every other fight, the biggest fight is making the weight. This time it’s about Terence Crawford, the weight is already made.”

Brook knows the challenge is a huge one, and at his peak it would have been an even fight. Now 34, with two losses in 41 fights – to Errol Spence at welterweight and Gennady Golovkin up two weights in the middleweight division – he is a long underdog.

“This is a massive challenge. For me to go out and win I’ve got to box the best I’ve boxed in my whole career. But, I love a challenge and I’m grabbing this challenge with both hands. I went out and made this fight with arguably the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

“I’ve always wanted to get in there with the best in the world, so when I do hang my gloves up at least I can say I fought the best, without the politics involved. I’m also an elite fighter. He’s never boxed anybody with my size, power and self-belief. So he knows this as well.”

Crawford, from Omaha, has climbed the weights – lightweight, light welterweight, now welterweight as champion – never being truly troubled and amassing a 36-fight unbeaten run, in the process defeating Scotsman Ricky Burns on the Briton’s home territory, and last year, Amir Khan at Madison Square Garden. Khan was still peeing blood the next day after being hammered to the body by the American.

“Nobody has unlocked him,” Brook says. “But like I said, it’s hard to find any flaws. He’s a switch hitter, he’s got balance, he’s a finisher – there’s not much I can say he does wrong. But I’m similar to him. My timing is perfect and I’ve got a very good jab. I can take a shot and I’ve got self-belief. I’m natural, a big heavy-hitting welterweight. It’s a real fight, he knows that. I know it’s going to be one hell of fight.”

It meant getting to Las Vegas early. “We got to Vegas Friday night [Oct 30]. We’re waking up at crazy times in the morning still. But we’re following what we need to eat and getting training in. We’re getting Covid tests every couple of days because it’s a different world now. We’re doing everything to make this fight. We’re zeroing in on fight night.”

Brook knows the American scene well. In 2014, he beat another formidable foe in Shawn Porter, claiming the IBF welterweight crown on an historic night by majority decision.

“Normally it takes me 10 days to fully adjust to the time zone. I’ll definitely be ready for the fight. I’ve done everything asked of me in this fight and I’m positive. No stone left unturned. And I’m a happy fighter. Maybe Dominic Ingle, my trainer, is not around and training has been in quarantine, but it’s still not got me down.

“I’ve still got the work in. I’ve still been doing my training sessions and studying the game. I’m very happy coming into this fight. The weight’s there, the fitness is up there, the self-belief is there and I’m happy. I’m a dangerous fighter right now.”

This fight will be all about who controls the space between them. “I’m going to need to use everything in my arsenal to get this victory. My eyes will be locked on Terence from round one. I’ve got to go out and execute the plan we’ve got. It’s 36 minutes of my life to leave 1,000 per cent of my heart in there. I’m going to give it everything and I believe that I am a very hard man to beat when I’ve got this in my heart.

“There’s been a lot of shocks in boxing. I was there at Wilder-Fury and then there was Teofimo Lopez beating Vasyl Lomachenko a few weeks ago. One punch and you’re champion again and the best thing since sliced bread. I won’t be shocked when I come out world champion.”

Terence Crawford v Kell Brook for the WBO welterweight world title is live on Premier Sports 1 in the UK on Nov 14.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/kel...132119047.html

Thread Information