Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford vs Brook..14th Nov

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Kell looked good till he looked terrible.

Listen to all of these revisionist historians now..."Brook is past it","Kell is a bum". The goalpost moving starts in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
    Brook is past it, but if that's the case, what explains all of the fools putting money down on him? Some of you jokers are real tools.

Tony Weeks is a quick stoppage ref. He is the guy that prematurely stopped Ward - Kovelev 2. Even thought Kell's punch resistance has gone and he shouldn't be getting hurt of shot like that but has kell ever been properly knocked down from a punch ? I don't think he has.

I'm still not impressed by Crawford though.

But Kell should retire or get it on with Amir

We shall call it

BATTLE OF THE RETARDS

Glass Eye vs. Glass Jaw
    In many cases, I could see how this would be viewed as a quick stoppage. In this case, I don’t think it was. Brook was definitely very hurt and Crawford was in no way going to let up. Brook couldn’t defend himself.

Also, Crawford is the best boxer in the world IMO. The main problem is that he just hasn’t fought a p4p fighter. Hopefully he fights Spence soon and he can undoubtedly prove it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting fight. I've always rated Brook, but it was clear that he has lost his punch resistance. Whether this is because of his previous defeats, or boiling down to the weight, or his ring age, who can tell?

He wa doing well until Crawford switched to southpaw and began to pressure him.

I thought the stoppage was premature though.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My first impression was that it was stopped early. But then you think about it, Brook wasn’t coming back from it, Crawford wouldn’t have let him off the hook.
    And Brook has had enough injuries. Brave guy and he was doing well because he’s a lovely boxer. But it’s time to stop now.
    He’s earned good money against Spence, GGG & Crawford, hopefully he’s got some put by.
    Please , please don’t fight Khan. Khan don’t deserve the payday and neither fighter has anything left. Whoever wins is not going to challenge, so it’s pointless.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook looked comfortable while it lasted, but when the pressure came, that was it.
    One thing I don’t understand, everybody was talking about this massive size difference , but I didn’t think Crawford looked that small compared to Brook.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If you mean too good for his own good, way ahead of his time and really appreciated after he retires then yes, you are right.
    theyre both bouncy and rubbery and hit a lot harder than they look like they should.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me this was just a stay busy fight for Bud.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana White has ripped into Bob Arum, branding the veteran boxing promoter a ‘f****** scumbag’.

The UFC president has never hidden his disdain for the Top Rank boss and has taken aim at him once again following his comments about Terence Crawford.

Arum, who promotes the three-weight world champion, appeared to lament the choice of fighters he has faced in recent bouts after his victory over Kell Brook on Saturday night.

The American’s last three fights have seen him beat Amir Khan, Lithuanian boxer Egidijus Kavaliauskas, and Brook.

Crawford is unbeaten and is considered one of the best fighters on the planet, but Arum has complained he is costing him a fortune.

“I could build a house in Beverly Hills on the money I lost on him in the last three fights,” Arum told The Athletic.

That sparked a furious rant from White, who insisted it is the 88-year-old promoter’s job to make his fighter money – not the other way round.

“Can you imagine if I said that?” White said.

“Are you f****** kidding me? You guys would murder me if I said that. I’d never hear the end of that. That’s what you do. That’s not (Crawford’s) f****** problem, that’s your problem.

“His problem isn’t to figure out how you make money. You f****** signed a deal with this kid, at how many people we have on the roster, our roster is very inflated right now.

“We have a very big roster, the biggest roster we’ve ever had in the history of the company. I have to pay all these kids. How I pay them is not their f****** problem. It’s my f****** problem.

“Imagine me saying ‘oh, I gotta pay Conor McGregor this much money, I could have built a house in Beverly Hills.’

“Shut the f*** up, you f****** scumbag. Pay your f****** fighter what you owe him, do you job. Bob Arum is a piece of f****** s****.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...rd-kell-brook/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, he does have a point. Arum is a greasy scumbag who has got rich off the blood of other people.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford is an amazing human. I’ve been watching the fight on and off since fight night. God what a welcome break. I remember the the original lockdown I was home for two weeks and espn was playing all the Ali fights. Now unfortunately my streaming provider dropped that fox sports one which plays the PBC. Really pissed me off as I went streaking as I got sick of cable providers dropping channels, well FYI the same crap happens in the streaming world. I feel like they scammed me as I specifically asked if they have it and they told me they don’t drop channels like cable did

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford has hit back at recent comments from Errol Spence and his own promoter Bob Arum.

The WBO welterweight champion defended his title by stopping Kell Brook inside four rounds on Saturday night, though the fallout from the bout has stolen the headlines.

Unified WBC and IBF champion Spence said that if he were to face Crawford, he believes the financial spit should fall in his favour.

Spence told The Athletic: “I definitely should get the bigger share. Proof is in the pudding who’s the bigger draw.

“He’s a great fighter, but I feel like 60/40, that’s the right price.”

Crawford responded on social media: “Well, looks like that fight will never happen.”

He then replied to a fan who suggested that 60/40 was fair by saying: “You stupid, you’re one of them guys. How many belts I have won? How many has he won? Come back to me.”

A more shocking story emerged when Crawford’s promoter Arum responded to recent stories suggesting their relationship is strained.

When asked if he believes Top Rank can keep Terence after his contract expires in October 2021, Arum told The Athletic: “The question is, ‘Do we want to keep him?’

“I could build a house in Beverly Hills on the money I’ve lost on him in the last three fights.”

Crawford told The Ak and Barak Show on SiriusXM: “It p***ed me off because I’m one of the most loyal people to the core.

“For him to go out and say some foolish s*** like that, it made me just look at him a whole totally different way.

“I never, not once said I was jumping ship or I was leaving Top Rank or I was motherf***ing anything.

“So all these f***ing headlines coming up, ‘Terence Crawford leaving Top Rank for PBC,’ I don’t know where all that f***ing came from.”

Arum explained further than he didn’t believe Crawford does enough to self-promote.

The 88-year-old added: “He’s got to promote like Teofimo Lopez does, Shakur Stevenson does. Like Floyd Mayweather did, Manny Pacquiao did.

“If he doesn’t, then who the f*** needs him? He may be the greatest fighter in the world, but hey, I ain’t going bankrupt promoting him.”

Crawford has now hit back: “That’s not my job, that’s not my job.

“I’m not a promoter. What am I? A fighter. I get paid to fight, I don’t get paid to promote. He gets paid to promote.

“That’s why he’s my promoter, he’s supposed to promote me…

“We may have a disagreement right now, we’re going through some trials and tribulations, but we’re gonna get it figured out.

“But at the same time, I cannot bash Bob Arum and Top Rank, I cannot do that.

“Because without them – – They gave me the opportunity to accomplish everything that I have accomplished in my career.

“I can’t sit there and bash Bob Arum and Top Rank when I know deep down in my heart that Bob Arum, he really is a good dude and he really did try to do everything in his will to get these fights I was asking for.

“I don’t know what made him come out and say all the negative stuff about me, maybe it’s because all these people kept saying I was leaving him and he wanted to make it seem like I was the bad guy, I don’t know.

“I haven’t had a conversation with him about it.”

Finally, Arum came out and doubled down on his comments.

He said: “I don’t give a s*** if [his team] got mad at me…

“What’d I say that was wrong? I’ll show him how much we’ve lost on his fights…

“I’m no longer in the business of losing money on Terence Crawford.”

Crawford concluded: “Personally, if he feels that way he can release me now, you can just release me.

“If you feel like I’m not an asset to your company anymore, you can release me now.

“Release me now and you don’t have to lose any money no more.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...ence-bob-arum/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Promote himself??"

Must be the age or something... or maybe it's drug or alcohol-induced on Arum's part.

But Crawford's 100% correct. He gets paid to fight. Arum's the promoter.

If Crawford was turning in subpar performances I could see Arum's beef... but that's not the case.

I thought Crawford was too kind.

Yet he's doing the right thing by calling Arum's bluff. "You losing money on me? Let me go, then."

Maybe finally we'll get some of the matchups we've been missing out on the last few years.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Crawford get a ticket and sit right up in the front row for Spence v Garcia. He doesn't have to be invited and Arum can say nothing about it, but stir it up. Hey it's a step

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way Arum will want to miss the commission he would get from Crawford v Manny PAC and Spence fights.

Arum will not let Crawford go now.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    No way Arum will want to miss the commission he would get from Crawford v Manny PAC and Spence fights.

Arum will not let Crawford go now.

You're right. Bob might be losing his grip on a lot of things..... but his greed isn't one of them.

Going back to him saying Crawford should self-promote like Floyd used to.....

News flash, Bob... Crawford ISN'T Floyd. Ain't gonna happen.

Thread Information