Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lopez vs Tank?

Tank, Haney and everyone else in the division are very happy that Loma lost tonight.

No one stepped up to the plate like Lopez has done and I hope he remains undefeated.

Is this a case of styles makes fights and Tank would cause Lopez a different sense of problems.

They all hated on Loma (including Floyd) but in my opinion Loma will change the pressure in the rematch and possibly reverse the decision.

How do you see that one playing out or do you feel Lopez beating everyone around him?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lopez vs Tank?

Wait, Haney has called Loma out for years, Loma dropped his belt to not fight Haney, you can’t blame Haney for that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Haney got the style to beat Lopez?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Haney is the real deal, but he has to beat somebody of note before he gets put in the mix. Let’s also wait until Tank fights in a couple of weeks to see how he looks. At the moment though, I think Lopez beats Tank.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

They all hated on Loma (including Floyd) but in my opinion Loma will change the pressure in the rematch and possibly reverse the decision
    There's a rematch clause? Gives Loma an opportunity to even the score and would the defeat open up more fights?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post

They all hated on Loma (including Floyd) but in my opinion Loma will change the pressure in the rematch and possibly reverse the decision
    There's a rematch clause? Gives Loma an opportunity to even the score and would the defeat open up more fights?
    There is no rematch clause but money talks.

Bob will convince Lopez to rematch Loma before he moves up to 140.

Surely the rematch with a potential post covid crowd will double the money that Lopez has earned.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think Haney is the real deal, but he has to beat somebody of note before he gets put in the mix. Let’s also wait until Tank fights in a couple of weeks to see how he looks. At the moment though, I think Lopez beats Tank.

I think so too. Sure, we gotta see how he looks against Santa Cruz... but my last memory of him... taking until the very last round to dispatch a game but hobbled Gamboa... doesn't bode well for a potential matchup with Lopez.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m sure this opinion will be in the minority, but I feel like the size difference was the difference for Lopez winning. I also saw some bad signs when the much smaller Loma started putting punches together and pressure on Teo. Teo didn’t look comfortable or confident at all for a few rounds- although I do give him a ton of credit for coming out and dominating the twelfth round. I’m not sure if Tank is the guy to do it, but I feel the first fighter he faces who has a solid chin, solid boxing skills, and good stamina will beat him. I hope I’m wrong because I love his attitude and willingness to fight- but I just can’t help but feel that while besting Loma is impressive, that win was more about what Loma didn’t do than what Lopez did (likely due to the size differential).

I would personally love to see Lopez fight Mikey Garcia at 140. Both are similar sized and I think that would be a great match up.

Tank is a bit inconsistent for my taste- and I haven’t seen him best an elite fighter in their prime. I would bet on Lopez in that match up, but wouldn’t be surprised if Tank won either- I have a feeling Lopez will have a let down after the Loma fight.

Lopez vs Haney is a good match up, but I would lean towards Lopez right now. Haney is a very live underdog though, and I can see a solid case being made for Haney to outbox him over 12.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Haney got the style to beat Lopez?
    Any man that beats Loma immediately moves to the top of the hill. But the people that saw Haney spar Lopez say Lopez had absolutely nothing for Haney. Straight shooters saying it was ugly. But, sparring is only sparring

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, Loma’s team refused to offer a rematch clause, Lopez team asked for one since he had a belt.(at least according to Lopez team)

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I’m sure this opinion will be in the minority, but I feel like the size difference was the difference for Lopez winning. I also saw some bad signs when the much smaller Loma started putting punches together and pressure on Teo. Teo didn’t look comfortable or confident at all for a few rounds- although I do give him a ton of credit for coming out and dominating the twelfth round. I’m not sure if Tank is the guy to do it, but I feel the first fighter he faces who has a solid chin, solid boxing skills, and good stamina will beat him. I hope I’m wrong because I love his attitude and willingness to fight- but I just can’t help but feel that while besting Loma is impressive, that win was more about what Loma didn’t do than what Lopez did (likely due to the size differential).

I would personally love to see Lopez fight Mikey Garcia at 140. Both are similar sized and I think that would be a great match up.

Tank is a bit inconsistent for my taste- and I haven’t seen him best an elite fighter in their prime. I would bet on Lopez in that match up, but wouldn’t be surprised if Tank won either- I have a feeling Lopez will have a let down after the Loma fight.

Lopez vs Haney is a good match up, but I would lean towards Lopez right now. Haney is a very live underdog though, and I can see a solid case being made for Haney to outbox him over 12.

Teo did get hit quite a bit from rounds 8-11. A bit too easily to suit me. I think mostly Loma's straight left, whether behind the right jab, or whether a lead, found its target amazingly accurately. I don't know how it would all play out in a rematch, now that each knows what the other brings to the table. Lopez is young, bright, and quick... so I'd be amazed if he didn't make the necessary adjustments to avoid those shots. From Loma's side, hopefully he learned the painful (but obvious) lesson that you just can't give away 7 rounds of a 12-round fight and expect a different result than what he got. He'd come in more aggressively... and it's anybody's guess how Lopez would handle a more aggressive Loma from the get-go.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

Teo did get hit quite a bit from rounds 8-11. A bit too easily to suit me. I think mostly Loma's straight left, whether behind the right jab, or whether a lead, found its target amazingly accurately. I don't know how it would all play out in a rematch, now that each knows what the other brings to the table. Lopez is young, bright, and quick... so I'd be amazed if he didn't make the necessary adjustments to avoid those shots. From Loma's side, hopefully he learned the painful (but obvious) lesson that you just can't give away 7 rounds of a 12-round fight and expect a different result than what he got. He'd come in more aggressively... and it's anybody's guess how Lopez would handle a more aggressive Loma from the get-go.
    The issue is that Loma is extremely good. He isn’t just some random pretty good fighter. I would have a hard time believing anybody else from lightweight down would win as easily as Lopez. Loma went all out in those rounds and still only eeked out most of them. It’s not a shame at all to get hit by Loma when he is being aggressive. We aren’t saying that Lopez is a defensive genius but that he clearly beat one of the most skilled fighters in the world that can generally land at will.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no rematch clause but money talks.

Bob will convince Lopez to rematch Loma before he moves up to 140.

Surely the rematch with a potential post covid crowd will double the money that Lopez has earned.
    Bob wanted Teo to win not Loma - (look at the cards). You can build a 23-year-old brash American into a PPV superstar not a 30+ unnassuming Russian. Loma's tickets and TV numbers are "terrible" Stateside.
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-19-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez is talented and can adjust if he is properly prepared and He has similarities to an ex-heavyweight champ, Mike Tyson if he is prodded enough and pays attention during training. He is what is known as a high energy fighter and he has to be active to grow. His emotional state was more than adequate Saturday night because a great percentage in winning is emotional or inspirational. It was his strength but that becomes temporary in boxing life. Mike Tyson was a high energy fighter until someone with nothing to lose sole his thunder in Tokyo. I believe it was Ruthless Roper and Robbing Givens along with the guy with the haircut that pissed off boxing promoters that made Tyson an ex-high energy fighter. I'm not saying history repeats it self but a taste of the good life is where it begins next to believing your own press.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets answer the OPs question.

Lopez destroys Tank. Tank could barely beat a 38 year old battle worn Yuriorkis Gamboa. Tank "tanked" by the 6th round. He is wildly overrated and wont be around very long. Lopez may end his career.

Thread Information