Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who's the baby now?

Poor baby Lomachenko.
    Turned pro with a silver spoon in his mouth...
    A family portrait.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who's the baby now?

He's probably the most successful/decorated amateur ever... Was he supposed to turn pro thinking he was just lucky to be there? Guys with that kind of pedigree aren't supposed to take losing well, and he barely speaks English anyhow, we don't really know anything about him. Id say he's probably not the biggest baby implicated in this thread myself.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, he is ONE of the most decorated amateurs ever. Not putting Lomachenko down, because he is a magnificent boxer, but:

Just because he is the most recent amateur to win lots of stuff doesn't make him suddenly the best amateur that ever existed, or even the most decorated.

Stevenson, Savon, Papp, Rigondeaux, Kindelan ......

(not even mentioning the fact that just about every professional fighter who ever lived was at some point an amateur too)

That would make Rocky Marciano, Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Foreman etc pretty successful amateurs too.....
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See, he's not even close to the biggest baby

Haha nah I kid, no expert on this. Far as I know he's the only guy on that level to actually beat everyone he ever fought as an amateur though? Point was just that he's been ridiculously successful and was never going to be comfortable with losing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Needs to change his trainer and start thinking for himself.

He was exposed.

Still a great fighter but he was exposed.

Lopez will knock him out next time.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mentioned this in the other thread about casuals. No one ever elaborates when they say exposed. It's almost always a cool soundbite to throw into commentary with nothing to substantiate it at time of delivery. Exposed to me, means there is something wrong with what you do or who you are. This flaw is then exposed. For example someone with a dodgy chin might get exposed when they first meet a puncher. Until that point it's hidden, then gets exposed. Generally others follow suit by targeting and exposing this flaw.

For me, fighters at the very top don't get exposed. Not ever. It's the wrong word or terminology to use. In my opinion anyway. You don't get through a near 400 fight amateur record and albeit in only 16 fights a pro record that boasts multiple World titles in multiple weights with a glaring glitch that's been carefully hidden. You just get beat by the better man on the night.

I don't disagree about Lopez potentially knocking him out in a rematch. Loma would have to be more aggressive and deal with the inherent risk.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its simple, Loma will have to fight for 12 rounds if he is to have any chance against a fighter of Lopez's quality.
    He did nothing for 7 rounds and the fight was gone.
    I am not saying he will win the rematch, but he has to at least give it 100% for as long as the fight lasts.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Its simple, Loma will have to fight for 12 rounds if he is to have any chance against a fighter of Lopez's quality.
    I am not saying he will win the rematch, but he has to at least give it 100% for as long as the fight lasts.
    Some will say if he fights for 12 rounds he gets knocked out.

He felt the power early and went straight to plan B.

Did we even discuss Lopez body work?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=imp;1563003][QUOTE=Dark Lord Al;1562958]Its simple, Loma will have to fight for 12 rounds if he is to have any chance against a fighter of Lopez's quality.
    [/QUOTE]

Some will say if he fights for 12 rounds he gets knocked out.

He felt the power early and went straight to plan B.
    If you read I did say for as long as it lasted, meaning yes a ko loss could happen.
    My point was just being defensive for 7 rounds isn't going to win you a fight against a world class fighter like Lopez.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I accept that he is a slow starter. I'm ok with Tessitorie's analogy of how he states Vasyl downloads info as a fight goes on. Like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady in the NFL he seeks to read the defense before employing an offensive attack. I think because he is that versatile that he has several means to dissect a fighter

I think of how well Jorge Linares looked, dropping him with a well timed/placed shot. Then he turns it on 2nd 1/2 of the fight & made him look ordinary, along with Walters to Russell.

On the exposing tip- I think in his case this could be similar to when Trinidad fought DLH. Bhop said Oscar set the blueprint. Bernard just did it start to finish. Lopez IMO did NOT expose Loma rather for the top elite pugilist- they have a blueprint, IF they are good enough to work it start to finish.

The other possibility is that Lopez is possibly an ATG in the making. That means we have a chance to see what should occur in boxing aka rivalries! Those of us who watched Leonard vs Duran II reel time had no way to be sure Ray could win the rematch let alone make Duran quit, because Roberto whooped his ass 1st time out. Who knew Holy would win the rematch with Bowe?

Great fight Loma-Lopez. Vasyl has plenty of fight left. And may cry louder in the next potential defeat. Some athletes just dont handles losses well.

edit-Great PHOTO Rocco!!!
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 10-22-2020 at 10:59 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s like his 3rd loss of 400. No experience as a loser, no surprise he wasn’t great with it. He’s an arrogant guy, and rightly so. I’m arrogant and I’m 0-0 as a professional

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It’s like his 3rd loss of 400. No experience as a loser, no surprise he wasn’t great with it. He’s an arrogant guy, and rightly so. I’m arrogant and I’m 0-0 as a professional
    Some of the best fighters were the worst losers. Julio Cesar Chavez, my hero, was a cry baby when he lost.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    I accept that he is a slow starter. I'm ok with Tessitorie's analogy of how he states Vasyl downloads info as a fight goes on. Like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady in the NFL he seeks to read the defense before employing an offensive attack. I think because he is that versatile that he has several means to dissect a fighter

I think of how well Jorge Linares looked, dropping him with a well timed/placed shot. Then he turns it on 2nd 1/2 of the fight & made him look ordinary, along with Walters to Russell.

On the exposing tip- I think in his case this could be similar to when Trinidad fought DLH. Bhop said Oscar set the blueprint. Bernard just did it start to finish. Lopez IMO did NOT expose Loma rather for the top elite pugilist- they have a blueprint, IF they are good enough to work it start to finish.

The other possibility is that Lopez is possibly an ATG in the making. That means we have a chance to see what should occur in boxing aka rivalries! Those of us who watched Leonard vs Duran II reel time had no way to be sure Ray could win the rematch let alone make Duran quit, because Roberto whooped his ass 1st time out. Who knew Holy would win the rematch with Bowe?

Great fight Loma-Lopez. Vasyl has plenty of fight left. And may cry louder in the next potential defeat. Some athletes just dont handles losses well.

Roberto whooped his ass first time?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Roberto whooped his ass first time?
    It was actually a close fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information