Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I got my teeth cleaned today

I feel much better and recommend it. It’s a pain in the ass now what with covid but you should still practice good oral hygiene

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I got my teeth cleaned today

i wouldnt go to a dentist or doctors office now unless it was an emergency

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I don’t have the ability to avoid it so if I’m doing it for other people fuck it I’m doing it for myself. Besides I seriously felt much better with clean teeth again. I was also in a court house today (not for myself fortunately) besides we I need to talk about something other than politics or masks or I will blow my fucking brains out.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I don’t have the ability to avoid it so if I’m doing it for other people fuck it I’m doing it for myself. Besides I seriously felt much better with clean teeth again. I was also in a court house today (not for myself fortunately) besides we I need to talk about something other than politics or masks or I will blow my fucking brains out.
    well Jesus dont do that, Im just saying be careful as the dentist and you are both breathing directly into each others' mouths and the office in general had patients all day long in a sealed, close-knit environment.

Court house, fuck, your job is like jack of all trades, one minute youre in court house, then dentist, then homeless shelter, then hospital, then COVID tests then food delivery what the fuck I hope theyre paying you for that gruelling schedule ffs

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well Jesus dont do that, Im just saying be careful as the dentist and you are both breathing directly into each others' mouths and the office in general had patients all day long in a sealed, close-knit environment.

Court house, fuck, your job is like jack of all trades, one minute youre in court house, then dentist, then homeless shelter, then hospital, then COVID tests then food delivery what the fuck I hope theyre paying you for that gruelling schedule ffs
    I wear I mask so I must be good what could possibly go wrong?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wear I mask so I must be good what could possibly go wrong?
    Was just hoping you got paid well for all that running around and not saying anything could go wrong

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I don’t need to get to into it but some days some really interesting stuff happens, some days some truly funny things happen, some days some really sad stuff happens. I have made more than I am now and we lost our covid hazard pay but the pay is OK. I try not to think of money related to everything. I keep side hustles going to supplement the income. I will say this is not the field to be in if you want to make piles of money plus you are putting yourself at risk, not just covid but I have had knifes and shit pulled on me in the past, the clients thought I was one of their delusional figures coming after them, these things happen. So it’s hard to answer you question.

Ah fuck I do recommend getting your teeth cleaned. The poor dental people wear gowns, masks, shields, gloves, shit I wasn’t sure there was a human in there. They try talking to you but you can’t hear them through all the protective gear. If you can catch covid from them wrapped up like that, we are completely fucked.
    Last edited by walrus; 10-21-2020 at 03:05 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I don’t need to get to into it but some days some really interesting stuff happens, some days some truly funny things happen, some days some really sad stuff happens. I have made more than I am now and we lost our covid hazard pay but the pay is OK. I try not to think of money related to everything. I keep side hustles going to supplement the income. I will say this is not the field to be in if you want to make piles of money plus you are putting yourself at risk, not just covid but I have had knifes and shit pulled on me in the past, the clients thought I was one of their delusional figures coming after them, these things happen. So it’s hard to answer you question.

Ah fuck I do recommend getting your teeth cleaned. The poor dental people wear gowns, masks, shields, gloves, shit I wasn’t sure there was a human in there. They try talking to you but you can’t hear them through all the protective gear. If you can catch covid from them wrapped up like that, we are completely fucked.
    that's why I taught ESL in Brooklyn/Queens for what most would call a sucker's pay, it was so rewarding

good to know you are still dealing the drugs n shitz

we are completely fucked

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master is my biggest customer

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've had a cleaning that was more painful than a wisdom tooth extract. Right when they get to the lower fronts you're just hoping for a steady hand and that you don't wind up with the Mick foley Cactus Jake smile .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't get a dentist appointment for love or money in many places across the UK right now. People are having to pull their own teeth out at home and certainly can't just book in for a polish.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's crazy anybody would want to risk that right now. I can see a root canal, but just a routine cleaning..... during this huge Spike in Covid cases.... up close and personal at a dentist or doctors office.... No way Jose.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I've had a cleaning that was more painful than a wisdom tooth extract. Right when they get to the lower fronts you're just hoping for a steady hand and that you don't wind up with the Mick foley Cactus Jake smile .
    Amen brother.

I've had a filling done, a massive bastard, no anaesthetic. Had a wisdom tooth smashed in my mouth then yanked out in pieces. Both were less traumatizing than being descaled
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    You can't get a dentist appointment for love or money in many places across the UK right now. People are having to pull their own teeth out at home and certainly can't just book in for a polish.

I have had a full check up, and also a polish in separate appointments since lockdown began in March. It was easily organised and no problem.

Different experiences in different places maybe (like it always has been)?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

I have had a full check up, and also a polish in separate appointments since lockdown began in March. It was easily organised and no problem.

Different experiences in different places maybe (like it always has been)?

I think it is hugely exasperated by the pandemic. Yes it has always been difficult down here. Cornwall where my daughter and grandkids live is terrible. There are a lack of Dentists prepared to work for the NHS and i am pretty sure most were closed between March and June so even if your is a private practice you were lucky to be able to be seen back then.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information