Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oleksandr Usyk vs Derek Chisora - 31/10/20 - Sky Sports PPV

Have it right.

He won a close UD against an aged opponent (albeit in shape) who has a lot of miles on the clock.

Chisora can punch of course but he isn’t a huge hitter.

Usyk doesn’t have anything for Wilder, Joshua, Fury or even White who is a better version of Chisora.

I’m not impressed by his debut in HW.. he’d have had to boss this fight for me to be convinced he can do anything up at this weight.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 11-01-2020 at 01:13 AM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Well surely usyk has won that... But I don't know, chisora really had him in trouble early on, he was not enjoying it all, complaining to the ref and using a lot of energy to get away... He also likes to do bugger all for the first few rounds and chisora had him firing back early on. Usyk doesn't look to have the power to keep these big tough gits off him and he's 33 when will his legs start to go? He really needed them here. This was against a fellow who's is good but has lost 8 times previously and is 37 in two months...maybe usyk will find it easier v taller guys who won't be able to attack the body quite so easily and there will be good heavyweights who will match up style wise better but I think usyk isn't becoming a real champ at heavyweight, great career for him though.
    I think Chisora is the worst style match up for Usyk. A HW with a ton of heart that is very aggressive. Someone like Whyte would probably trouble Usyk a lot also. I actually think that he would have an easier time with AJ because he won’t come forward
    You are probably correct although surely the opposition will have watched this and seen a pretty good game plan of how to beat usyk.

I hope usyk does go on to be the champ though.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk would make wilder look very bad, I think we're getting carried away now

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well surely usyk has won that... But I don't know, chisora really had him in trouble early on, he was not enjoying it all, complaining to the ref and using a lot of energy to get away... He also likes to do bugger all for the first few rounds and chisora had him firing back early on. Usyk doesn't look to have the power to keep these big tough gits off him and he's 33 when will his legs start to go? He really needed them here. This was against a fellow who's is good but has lost 8 times previously and is 37 in two months...maybe usyk will find it easier v taller guys who won't be able to attack the body quite so easily and there will be good heavyweights who will match up style wise better but I think usyk isn't becoming a real champ at heavyweight, great career for him though.
    I think Chisora is the worst style match up for Usyk. A HW with a ton of heart that is very aggressive. Someone like Whyte would probably trouble Usyk a lot also. I actually think that he would have an easier time with AJ because he won’t come forward
    Usyk may not have a huge punch but those jarring sharp combos can work well on that physical and mental tightness one fight removed from the roof collapsing. Chisora much more relaxed and 'excepting' the fact he was going to get touched up. Usyk better invest in some sit ups though he was definitely bothered.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A good fight for Usyk to shake some rust.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guys who fight like Chisora's tend to trouble Usyk.
    Last edited by Alpha; 11-01-2020 at 01:38 AM.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed. People forget that Wilder weighs as much as Usyk and Usyk is 100 times the boxer that Wilder is

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this was the best version of chisora. I think usyk can do ok versus Joshua and whyte . wilder puts him out at some point and fury outboxed him

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk is better and harder to hit than Andy Ruiz, so he could have some success against Joshua who has a weak chin.
    He outpoints Wilder all day.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was an alright fight I guess. Decent effort from Chisora but went entirely to script. He managed to bang to the body pretty well in spots but his lack of mobility and speed cost him as we all expected it to. I saw anchored cruise ships off the coast of Torquay last week moving faster. Usyk did what Usyk does and turned the heat up as the fight wore on. He won't have had to come through quite as physical a test as he did early doors before but he came through it and put together some beautiful work in the second half.

The immediate reaction is well if Chisora can give him a run for his money, AJ Fury Wilder and Whyte will turn him over. Fury and AJ I'd go along with. Too big, too strong, far better mobility than Chisora, far faster, better punch variety. Wilder. Same old same old. Gets out boxed but might just land the atomic windmill.

Whyte I'm not so sure about. He and Chisora over the course of two fights are separated by one massive hit. If they fought tomorrow they'd probably have the same fight all over again and punch one another to a standstill. The younger and fresher version of Chisora line is getting tired now. Yes he's younger but the miles are racking up. He hasn't had a relatively easy night since Lucas Browne. I see a Usyk Whyte fight going the same way as this one.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a big fan of Usyk but it's a big but he is not big enough or punch hard enough for the likes of AJ or Fury.!
    A brilliant boxer indeed but against the bigger monster HWs he will struggle Chisora is not the same level as AJ and Fury.
    Usyk maybe needs to think about fighting back at Cruiser or the new Super Cruiser division.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I am a big fan of Usyk but it's a big but he is not big enough or punch hard enough for the likes of AJ or Fury.!
    A brilliant boxer indeed but against the bigger monster HWs he will struggle Chisora is not the same level as AJ and Fury.
    Usyk maybe needs to think about fighting back at Cruiser or the new Super Cruiser division.
    There is far more money to be earned at this heavyweight division than anywhere else. No way will Usyk go down in weight now. He really needs more fights and test to get used to the bigger fighters. I bet he is hoping AJ bins the WBO title to allow him to do that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed. People forget that Wilder weighs as much as Usyk and Usyk is 100 times the boxer that Wilder is
    Wilder has no legitimate place in any top 5

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk is such a good boxer. Technically excellent, intelligent fighter, really good stamina and engine but what sets him apart is his footwork.

The Chisora fight was the absolute perfect heavyweight warm up/taster fight for him.

Trouble is, I am not convinced he hits hard enough to frighten or get the respect of the big boys, who will feel they can pile in there without much fear of a big repercussion.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Have it right.

He won a close UD against an aged opponent (albeit in shape) who has a lot of miles on the clock.

Chisora can punch of course but he isn’t a huge hitter.

Usyk doesn’t have anything for Wilder, Joshua, Fury or even White who is a better version of Chisora.

I’m not impressed by his debut in HW.. he’d have had to boss this fight for me to be convinced he can do anything up at this weight.
    Yea. He is just not powerful enough for the big boys. Chinning Bellew is one thing, but chinning even David Price is a whole other thing... lolol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information