Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oleksandr Usyk vs Derek Chisora - 31/10/20 - Sky Sports PPV

Usyk needs to hire a nutritionist and get back to CW.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 2510 View Post
    Usyk needs to hire a nutritionist and get back to CW.
    There’s nothing for him at cruiserweight anymore. I’m guessing he can make a lot more money at HW and his legacy has the chance to get much better if he stays there.

El Kabong Guest

A decision win over Chisora isn't a great thing. Usyk isn't a power puncher, but he isn't the kind of guy who is a defensive wiz either. I think it makes it VERY difficult if not impossible for him to compete at the elite heavyweight level. However, perhaps if he's able to fight a smart fight he could beat AJ or Wilder or Fury....he's going to have to be quicker and smarter...tougher ask than having that 1 shot game changing power.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk just keeps on winning. Chisora was there to fight but after about 3 rounds Usyk had worked him out and took over. He had Chisora in trouble but couldn't finish him. It was a solid opponent back after a year of inactivity. These smaller, aggressive styles can bother Usyk.

I can see Usyk beating Parker if Joshua vacates. Then bring on the Fury vs Joshua winner. I want to see him dare to be great.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Usyk just keeps on winning. Chisora was there to fight but after about 3 rounds Usyk had worked him out and took over. He had Chisora in trouble but couldn't finish him. It was a solid opponent back after a year of inactivity. These smaller, aggressive styles can bother Usyk.

I can see Usyk beating Parker if Joshua vacates. Then bring on the Fury vs Joshua winner. I want to see him dare to be great.
    I was thinking it might pan out like this, but let’s be honest, the minute AJ/Fury is made, they’ll be locked into each other for at least a rematch, maybe a trilogy.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank "for the fans" Warren claimed yesterday that if Joshua vacates then Usyk faces the winner of Dubois v Joyce?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Frank "for the fans" Warren claimed yesterday that if Joshua vacates then Usyk faces the winner of Dubois v Joyce?
    I wouldn't mind seeing Usyk against either guy.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What would usyk do back at cruiserweight? Beat the number one breidis again? He's coming to the end of his career he might as well go for everything he can, us fans do usually demand that from boxers, until they actually try it :S Chisora certainly is A bad match up for him but off course othter styles will suit usyk better and chisora isn't a donkey.. I don't think usyk can become the true heavyweight champ but he could make a fool out of wilder and make the top two work... Might aswel go for it, cruiserweight can bugger aff.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight, great challenge.

I'm of the mindset that most HW's greatest test came from the term:gatekeeper or fighters on the losing side of betting odds.

Think LHW Conn drubbing the Brown Bomber for 12rds, Jones forcing Clay to go toe2toe to the distance, Shavers for Holmes, 10-1 underdog Tucker nursing a broken right hand going distance with Tyson, Bert Cooper standing 8 count over Holyfield, McCall over Lewis & recently a fat chaloopa stopping Joshua.

Chisora did what Usyk needed. He needed to feel the clinch of a fighter placing him in a headlock then literally laying ALL that weight on his neck & back. Lennox did it, Vitali did it, Wladimir did it and Fury does it. Oleksander needed to feel the burn in his lungs because the other guy is willing to throw over 600. Damn how it looks. Which is harder for Uysk? Fending off 350 well placed shots over 12 rds? Or fending off 600 over 12 rds from every which-a-away?

Usyk can have the utmost confidence aint no Joshua, Fury or Wilder is gonna throw what that old wily master of a gatekeeper Derek did: throw over 600.
    A David Haye or Fury & AJ are too busy thinking, setting traps, looking to counter. Wilder is too busy looking for the bronze bomb. That plays to Usyk's strength which is a thinking fighter with the punch output of a CW (more).

Derek is just awesome at fighting through fatigue. So much so that he gained my respect in the latter 1/2 of his career. Thats what real fighters do, fight thru it.

Larry Holmes is one of our greatest and guess what he lacked? KO power. Holyfield looked like a KO artist, but he never had a 1-hitter quitter. Ruiz' stoppage is via accumulation. So in that group, Usyk can find his way to a title at HW.
    He has enough power to keep a fighter honest. But if the HW with a heavier shot isnt willing to deplete Uysk's gas tank....well the HW division just got that much more interesting!!

Congrats Usyk you survived this era's best gatekeeper!

for a brash talking old' dude Chisora must have a lot of respect to provide 5 guy burgers for the whole crew!!!! I just watched it & thought they did us proud!

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information