183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Lomachenko overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Relax Ron. I'm just fucking with you. I never really pay attention to your posts. So emotional.
    Yet you disagree without actually disagreeing with anything I said. Because you can’t. That’s an emotional action. Go ahead, try and dispute what I said or stop talking

You on the other hand said “ overrated?
    I'm not quite sure how someone who is to anyone with half decent vision, a basic grasp on boxing and a fully functioning brain, an Elite level World class operator, can become overrated” of course anyone can be overrated. That is glaringly obvious. Just simply incorrect. Hyperbole, which comes from feeling, not fact. It’s silly. You know you can do better than saying something so obviously wrong so just own it.
    I'm not quite sure I even understand what you're talking about Ron. I never have to be honest you spout so much tripe. It's called an opinion Ron. it belong to me. It meeting or not meeting the Ron gold standard is irrelevant.

I will happily continue to post with feeling and emotion. if it's all the same to you?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for currently, he’s probably underrated. Dropping to 7 by ESPN is too much. If he goes to 130 and takes the Berchelt fight and wins he’s top 3 again

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Relax Ron. I'm just fucking with you. I never really pay attention to your posts. So emotional.
    Yet you disagree without actually disagreeing with anything I said. Because you can’t. That’s an emotional action. Go ahead, try and dispute what I said or stop talking

You on the other hand said “ overrated?
    I'm not quite sure how someone who is to anyone with half decent vision, a basic grasp on boxing and a fully functioning brain, an Elite level World class operator, can become overrated” of course anyone can be overrated. That is glaringly obvious. Just simply incorrect. Hyperbole, which comes from feeling, not fact. It’s silly. You know you can do better than saying something so obviously wrong so just own it.
    I'm not quite sure I even understand what you're talking about Ron. I never have to be honest you spout so much tripe. It's called an opinion Ron. it belong to me. It meeting or not meeting the Ron gold standard is irrelevant.

I will happily continue to post with feeling and emotion. if it's all the same to you?
    It’s pretty simple. Anyone can be overrated. Denying that is not an opinion. But have a good day, I’m done with this silliness

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ron let me say this in Ron speak so we can come to some common ground. You've never been any good at reading the feel of a post. You just get a few words stuck in your head and run with it.

Yes, anyone can be overrated. I've never denied that. When I said "I'm not quite sure how someone who is to anyone with half decent vision, a basic grasp on boxing and a fully functioning brain, an Elite level World class operator, can become overrated?" That was my own opinion and also a question on the basis of how much higher can he be rated?

I qualified it here.

"
    Daniel Dubois is overrated. There are people out there who think he wipes the floor with Tom Dick and Harry right now. We might find out in a few weeks that he's not even the fourth best heavy in the country."

Dubois is on the up. Saying he would beat AJ, Fury, Wilder right now, as some people have done, is overrating him. As we don't even know if he's in the top three or four in Britain just yet. See?

Loma is at the top, or hovering around it. We all know what he's about so for me, someone saying he's overrated is a bit daft and I don't understand how they draw that conclusion. Unless they're saying he's better than Ali of course which you say some have said. But to me, those are flights of fancy and not to be taken seriously.

Again! Yes it is possible to overrate anyone or anything. But in some cases it's just daft. To me. Doesn't have to be to you and that's OK.

It's like saying I don't see how Chisora can beat Usyk. Would your response be don't be silly, he could punch him really hard in the head and knock him out? Being matter of fact is your bag and you go for it. I'd rather ask questions and you know.....have discussions.

Peace Ron

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    From what I've heard, he got exposed.

Has he always been overrated?
    I think it's more that Lopez was vastly underrated. Remember a close points defeat to a naturally bigger guy like Teofimo might not look too bad In future years if Teofimo goes on to be a HOF.

I think he was more over hyped than overrated. It is possible to be overrated while still being one of the best fighters around.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I see the same hype machine happening with Fury. The thing with some of these super skilled fighters like Loma and Rigo is because they are so skilled they dont have to call on other things. Loma got scared against Teofimo bcoz he couldn't out skill the guy.

He didn't want to fight. He didn't want to risk getting knocked out. Mayweather schooled Canelo (actually, to be fair it wasn't a schooling. Mayweather never hurt Canelo and Canelo was alway in the fight. Let's say Mayweather outpointed Canelo) who was a naturally bigger guy. It can be done.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 10-27-2020 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

I think it's more that Lopez was vastly underrated. Remember a close points defeat to a naturally bigger guy like Teofimo might not look too bad In future years if Teofimo goes on to be a HOF.

I think he was more over hyped than overrated. It is possible to be overrated while still being one of the best fighters around.

I see the same hype machine happening with Fury. The thing with some of these super skilled fighters like Loma and Rigo is because they are so skilled they dont have to call on other things. Loma got scared against Teofimo bcoz he couldn't out skill the guy.

He didn't want to fight. He didn't want to risk getting knocked out. Mayweather schooled Canelo (actually, to be fair it wasn't a schooling. Mayweather never hurt Canelo and Canelo was alway in the fight. Let's say Mayweather outpointed Canelo) who was a naturally bigger guy. It can be done.
    Agree with everything except you were right the first time . Mayweather SCHOOLED Canelo. Canelo was only in the fight as much as Mayweather allowed him to be.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

Agree with everything except you were right the first time . Mayweather SCHOOLED Canelo. Canelo was only in the fight as much as Mayweather allowed him to be.

Thank you. It would've been dismissed as biased coming from me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The crazy thing is a 37 year old Mayweather would have schooled a Teo Lopez.

You know it’s true.

Levels.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    The crazy thing is a 37 year old Mayweather would have schooled a Teo Lopez.

You know it’s true.

Levels.
    Sure he would.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information