937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sometimes the hypocrisy still shocks me

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Junk food or cigarettes or anything that is really harmful should be taxed out of existence
    Fan of black markets are ya?
    What a condescending naive pile of shite. The market we have right now and that you support is corrupt. You prop up corruption, you support corruption, you are not just tainted but stained by that corruption. It stunts you and kills competition.

I smoked for years and loved it but the tobacco industry is morally indefensible. This whole thread is mental. People more worried about attacking the taxing of fags than us all living with the lethal results.

How many of us have not had a relative die as a direct result of smoking? I will never forget my Grandad slowly drowning in the last days of his life begging all his grandkids not to smoke.

The tobacco industry paid off those running the mainstream controlled market. The global market. The US and UK were always run by the most globalists of corporations and their sycophantic supporters are now crying about black markers as though they inhabit the moral high ground?

GTFO of here.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was a perfectly civil, easygoing thread with different people pitching in... until the above post.

Totally unprovoked... totally unwarranted... but of course totally ignored and accepted.

I for one am sick of this "not angry" bastard who seems to have a hard-on for El Kabong and anything he posts.

Hey spaz... why not do everyone here a favor and go get a personality transplant.

They're doing gender switcheroos now... so personality transplants shouldn't be too far behind.

Anyone else but me would be able to point out to you that your post was offensive and totally unprovoked.

We can go through every single post prior to yours if you'd like... but frankly you're not worth the time and effort.

Cool it, you piece of shit. Everyone here is pretty much tired of your "sunny" disposition.

Go get a fucking rabies shot or something.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And perhaps the moral of the story was lost on some. My state budgets the taxes on cigarettes the year before they are collected. Now he is on the radio bragging about the massive amount of revenue collected on cigarette taxes. Didn’t he want everyone to stop? So why brag about it now? That’s what I mean about hypocrisy. My state also blew all the money they got from the tobacco industry in lawsuits. It wasn’t set aside to help people quit like it was supposed to be. I have no clue how this broke out into a usually shit storm thread. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of our politicians that was all.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    And perhaps the moral of the story was lost on some. My state budgets the taxes on cigarettes the year before they are collected. Now he is on the radio bragging about the massive amount of revenue collected on cigarette taxes. Didn’t he want everyone to stop? So why brag about it now? That’s what I mean about hypocrisy. My state also blew all the money they got from the tobacco industry in lawsuits. It wasn’t set aside to help people quit like it was supposed to be. I have no clue how this broke out into a usually shit storm thread. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of our politicians that was all.

It's not a shit storm. Just slapping down the forum rabid dog.

Taxing cigarettes. Whatever your take on this, I don't see anything particularly wrong with the practice. This... "Despite a pack being near 13usd here I see people on disability checks figuring out how many packs they can buy for month and still afford food."... describes people with severe addiction. It's a sickness, which should be treated. The fact that cigarettes serve no useful purpose and is harmful to your health is bad enough. When you throw "second hand smoke" in there, it compounds the problem. Not sure from your post whether you support or are against the cigarette taxes themselves... but I see your point about the hypocrisy part of it. But then politicians are crooked everywhere... don't you think?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

It's not a shit storm. Just slapping down the forum rabid dog.

Taxing cigarettes. Whatever your take on this, I don't see anything particularly wrong with the practice. This... "Despite a pack being near 13usd here I see people on disability checks figuring out how many packs they can buy for month and still afford food."... describes people with severe addiction. It's a sickness, which should be treated. The fact that cigarettes serve no useful purpose and is harmful to your health is bad enough. When you throw "second hand smoke" in there, it compounds the problem. Not sure from your post whether you support or are against the cigarette taxes themselves... but I see your point about the hypocrisy part of it. But then politicians are crooked everywhere... don't you think?
    Well tits that was the whole thing. I made a point to say I was not defending cigarettes, just found the hypocrisy of our governor bragging about the revenue rather sickening. The interview was basically about why our state is doing so well, which it isn’t

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cigarettes are evil, and should be taxed out of existence.

Saying whataboutisms regarding other items in order to NOT try and eliminate evil cigarettes is just, well, .... classic Whataboutery.

It's like someone says "let's round up all the local meth dealers", and Mr. Whaddabout says "y-y-yeah but then OTHER people will just step in to take their place", .... 😶

OK then, fuck it, don't do anything then, fuck it, just let em operate their evil racket.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cigarettes are evil, and should be taxed out of existence.

Saying whataboutisms regarding other items in order to NOT try and eliminate evil cigarettes is just, well, .... classic Whataboutery.

It's like someone says "let's round up all the local meth dealers", and Mr. Whaddabout says "y-y-yeah but then OTHER people will just step in to take their place", .... 😶

OK then, fuck it, don't do anything then, fuck it, just let em operate their evil racket.
    He obviously doesn’t want them taxes out of existence if he is bragging about the money they bring in.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True he's an asshole

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was a perfectly civil, easygoing thread with different people pitching in... until the above post.

Totally unprovoked... totally unwarranted... but of course totally ignored and accepted.

I for one am sick of this "not angry" bastard who seems to have a hard-on for El Kabong and anything he posts.

Hey spaz... why not do everyone here a favor and go get a personality transplant.

They're doing gender switcheroos now... so personality transplants shouldn't be too far behind.

Anyone else but me would be able to point out to you that your post was offensive and totally unprovoked.

We can go through every single post prior to yours if you'd like... but frankly you're not worth the time and effort.

Cool it, you piece of shit. Everyone here is pretty much tired of your "sunny" disposition.

It is a perfectly measured response to a kid trying to be a Smart Alec. Calling someone a rabid dog and a spaz and boasting about slapping them down is totally unprovoked... totally unwarranted, especially considering you were not the one being addressed Smart Alec.

The hypocrisy is there with the thread starter and his opening post decrying the hypocrisy of others and in EL Kabong's response. This is someone who is always going on about deregulation but now Bonger wants to use it as a stick to beat others with (Black Market). Just like Waldrid, boasting about being a super spreader now Wally is telling us what a bastard the governor or whoever is for taxing fags, whilst he (Wally) carries a box to give some out despite giving up himself? Really? No hypocrisy there then ?

And no hypocrisy in your little melt down defending them both
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

It is a perfectly measured response to a kid trying to be a Smart Alec. Calling someone a rabid dog and a spaz and boasting about slapping them down is totally unprovoked... totally unwarranted, especially considering you were not the one being addressed Smart Alec.

The hypocrisy is there with the thread starter and his opening post decrying the hypocrisy of others and in EL Kabong's response. This is someone who is always going on about deregulation but now Bonger wants to use it as a stick to beat others with (Black Market). Just like Waldrid, boasting about being a super spreader now Wally is telling us what a bastard the governor or whoever is for taxing fags, whilst he (Wally) carries a box to give some out despite giving up himself? Really? No hypocrisy there then ?

And no hypocrisy in your little melt down defending them both

Nah... weak response.

Just own up to the fact that you barged into a thread you had not written in before, just to insult and deride one of your favorite targets.

"What a condescending naive pile of shite."

THIS... is your "perfectly measured response"? Maybe in the planet YOU inhabit... but nowhere else.

As far as it not being ME who was being addressed by you... well neither was El Kabong addressing YOU in his own post. So you see... the door swings both ways.

But hey... maybe the whole cigarette thing is a sensitive subject for you. I could understand that.

But don't you think you were a bit too nasty in your response to El Kabong... when a more decent response with the same message would've been just as good?

You gotta rein in that itchy trigger finger, man.

El Kabong Guest

Junk food or cigarettes or anything that is really harmful should be taxed out of existence
    What a condescending naive pile of shite. The market we have right now and that you support is corrupt. You prop up corruption, you support corruption, you are not just tainted but stained by that corruption. It stunts you and kills competition.

I smoked for years and loved it but the tobacco industry is morally indefensible. This whole thread is mental. People more worried about attacking the taxing of fags than us all living with the lethal results.

How many of us have not had a relative die as a direct result of smoking? I will never forget my Grandad slowly drowning in the last days of his life begging all his grandkids not to smoke.

The tobacco industry paid off those running the mainstream controlled market. The global market. The US and UK were always run by the most globalists of corporations and their sycophantic supporters are now crying about black markers as though they inhabit the moral high ground?

GTFO of here.
    Say what you will about the man, but he's never been angry

Refresh my memory Beanz, who was Eric Garner and what did he do?

As for the rest of your post...I never said "tobacco smoking is good for you" I never said smoking anything was good for you...I just responded that draconian taxation creates black markets....and I said it because it's TRUE.

Everything ain't all about you and your fucking relatives.....I'm sick to shit of reading about them, I've not insulted them, but fuck me if you bring them up one more fucking time I'll make it my duty to insult every last one of them!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GTFO of here.
    Say what you will about the man, but he's never been angry

Refresh my memory Beanz, who was Eric Garner and what did he do?

As for the rest of your post...I never said "tobacco smoking is good for you" I never said smoking anything was good for you...I just responded that draconian taxation creates black markets....and I said it because it's TRUE.

Everything ain't all about you and your fucking relatives.....I'm sick to shit of reading about them, I've not insulted them, but fuck me if you bring them up one more fucking time I'll make it my duty to insult every last one of them!

Actually you have repeatedly insulted them but for now lets focus on one thing

YOUR READING COMPREHENSION

POOR

Piss poor

What part of

"How many of us have not had a relative die as a direct result of smoking?"

Did you have trouble understanding. I mean if were not the actual sentence preceding relating the death of my Grandad, then maybe you could be given the benefit of the doub,t but it turns out that either

A. You are a cunt

B. You are a cunt with serious reading comprehension issues

The whole point is that it is completely not about me. This is something that will have affected everyone's family and you have to make it into some cry baby nonsense in which you are so offended by people being more honest and less virtue signalling than you that you try and pretend the problem lies with others and not you.

You are not good people after all it seems.

Eric Garner is apparently some guy choked by a Policeman in your country. What has that got to do with anything? Are you suggesting that even if you don't smoke you might get choked to death by a copper or something.

Fucking hell you are not just dense you are a bit sick .
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Actually you have repeatedly insulted them but for now lets focus on one thing

YOUR READING COMPREHENSION

POOR

Piss poor

What part of

"How many of us have not had a relative die as a direct result of smoking?"

Did you have trouble understanding. I mean if were not the actual sentence preceding relating the death of my Grandad, then maybe you could be given the benefit of the doub,t but it turns out that either

A. You are a cunt

B. You are a cunt with serious reading comprehension issues

The whole point is that it is completely not about me. This is something that will have affected everyone's family and you have to make it into some cry baby nonsense in which you are so offended by people being more honest and less virtue signalling than you that you try and pretend the problem lies with others and not you.

You are not good people after all it seems.

Eric Garner is apparently some guy choked by a Policeman in your country. What has that got to do with anything? Are you suggesting that even if you don't smoke you might get choked to death by a copper or something.

Fucking hell you are not just dense you are a bit sick .
    I know you've assumed I have insulted them....I've told you several times I don't care about them and yet it's always "My family my family my family"......we get it, you've got a GIANT family....fuck off with it. I've got a big family too, but I rarely ever bring them up here.

I read about your Grandad's death....I too have lost family members to cancer.... only my takeaway is that some people make personal choices to smoke even if they run the risk of any disease from emphysema to COPD to the big C CANCER......some people enjoy a cigarette, some enjoy other types of tobacco ....it's not up to YOU to deem what is or isn't available to them.

You can't force people to stop smoking via taxation, they find ways around that which is exactly what Eric Garner was doing. Why? Well because he could make some money and probably because he liked a smoke every so often.

You're emotionally unstable if my response of "like black markets do ya" brought forth that response from you.....fucking nutjob.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread was actually more about taxation and lies rather than tobacco. Sure tobacco is bad but now states are rushing to legalize recreational weed. Weed has more tar than tobacco, I think it’s tar might be another thing. So if all this shit is really about health why make legal another plant you burn and smoke? How about the guy coming down the road towards me who just smoked weed? I’d feel safer if he has just smoked tobacco. Shit second hand smoke? Looks at all electronic shit that beams through are body everyday. Someone told me 5g causes covid but I’m not sure 5g is even out yet.

El Kabong Guest

My favorite is this part...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz
    That right there is SOLID GOLD.....and then you call ME dense oh man that is funny

Thread Information