Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sometimes the hypocrisy still shocks me

So my states governor did a radio interview and I was able catch about 15-20 minutes of it as I was driving around. He painted a very rosy picture. Sure he attacked Trump on covid even though half the deaths in our state happened in nursing homes which was his screw up but we won’t mention that. It seems now my state is having an influx of people moving in looking to escape NY. He was saying this has increased our tax base after years of our states population dwindling as we have some of the highest taxes, energy costs and mass business exodus to southern states. A lot of this is due to deals made between the state and the public union which then funnels money back to democratic candidates.

Anyway, he went on about increased capital gains taxes with the market doing so well the state is collecting those capital gains taxes from people who sell stocks.

Ok, that’s all well and good. But here is the part that got me. He was bragging about increased revenue from cigarette taxes. He described it as a windfall. Yet a year and a half ago he was pledging to raise cigarette taxes so high no one could afford to smoke, it was his way of saving lives. I was a smoker for years. It was a bitch to quit. Smoking is in a large way a tax on the poor. Despite a pack being near 13usd here I see people on disability checks figuring out how many packs they can buy for month and still afford food. So I’m all in favor of getting people to stop smoking but these taxes are just a bullshit game. I don’t remember how long I quit now, maybe two years. I know I shouldn’t do it but once every few weeks I buy a pack and stick it in my briefcase. That way if I’m doing visits or assessments and someone is flipping out about being out of cigarettes I give them a couple. In that short time since I quit I notice cigarettes have gone up well over 1 buck a pack since I quit.

Once again to clarify, this is not a post in defense of smoking. Yes there are links to obesity increasing in the US about the same time cigarettes went out of favor, I have no hard data the two are related and they are both very unhealthy. I just get shocked at the hypocrisy of our politicians sometimes.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sometimes the hypocrisy still shocks me

Junk food or cigarettes or anything that is really harmful should be taxed out of existence

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Junk food or cigarettes or anything that is really harmful should be taxed out of existence
    Fan of black markets are ya?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a condescending naive pile of shite. The market we have right now and that you support is corrupt. You prop up corruption, you support corruption, you are not just tainted but stained by that corruption. It stunts you and kills competition.

I smoked for years and loved it but the tobacco industry is morally indefensible. This whole thread is mental. People more worried about attacking the taxing of fags than us all living with the lethal results.

How many of us have not had a relative die as a direct result of smoking? I will never forget my Grandad slowly drowning in the last days of his life begging all his grandkids not to smoke.

The tobacco industry paid off those running the mainstream controlled market. The global market. The US and UK were always run by the most globalists of corporations and their sycophantic supporters are now crying about black markers as though they inhabit the moral high ground?

GTFO of here.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was a perfectly civil, easygoing thread with different people pitching in... until the above post.

Totally unprovoked... totally unwarranted... but of course totally ignored and accepted.

I for one am sick of this "not angry" bastard who seems to have a hard-on for El Kabong and anything he posts.

Hey spaz... why not do everyone here a favor and go get a personality transplant.

They're doing gender switcheroos now... so personality transplants shouldn't be too far behind.

Anyone else but me would be able to point out to you that your post was offensive and totally unprovoked.

We can go through every single post prior to yours if you'd like... but frankly you're not worth the time and effort.

Cool it, you piece of shit. Everyone here is pretty much tired of your "sunny" disposition.

Go get a fucking rabies shot or something.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And perhaps the moral of the story was lost on some. My state budgets the taxes on cigarettes the year before they are collected. Now he is on the radio bragging about the massive amount of revenue collected on cigarette taxes. Didn’t he want everyone to stop? So why brag about it now? That’s what I mean about hypocrisy. My state also blew all the money they got from the tobacco industry in lawsuits. It wasn’t set aside to help people quit like it was supposed to be. I have no clue how this broke out into a usually shit storm thread. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of our politicians that was all.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    This was a perfectly civil, easygoing thread with different people pitching in... until the above post.

Totally unprovoked... totally unwarranted... but of course totally ignored and accepted.

I for one am sick of this "not angry" bastard who seems to have a hard-on for El Kabong and anything he posts.

Hey spaz... why not do everyone here a favor and go get a personality transplant.

They're doing gender switcheroos now... so personality transplants shouldn't be too far behind.

Anyone else but me would be able to point out to you that your post was offensive and totally unprovoked.

We can go through every single post prior to yours if you'd like... but frankly you're not worth the time and effort.

Cool it, you piece of shit. Everyone here is pretty much tired of your "sunny" disposition.

It is a perfectly measured response to a kid trying to be a Smart Alec. Calling someone a rabid dog and a spaz and boasting about slapping them down is totally unprovoked... totally unwarranted, especially considering you were not the one being addressed Smart Alec.

The hypocrisy is there with the thread starter and his opening post decrying the hypocrisy of others and in EL Kabong's response. This is someone who is always going on about deregulation but now Bonger wants to use it as a stick to beat others with (Black Market). Just like Waldrid, boasting about being a super spreader now Wally is telling us what a bastard the governor or whoever is for taxing fags, whilst he (Wally) carries a box to give some out despite giving up himself? Really? No hypocrisy there then ?

And no hypocrisy in your little melt down defending them both
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

As a rule I stay out of this stuff until someone says in the most theatrical way with the back of the hand against forehead, eyes closed "why wont someone....SOMEONE do something....for the love of God!!!" That show kinda puts the onus on the mods to do something. Or at least listen to any concerns. It's highly unlikely I'll actually do anything.

So here we are. What are you objecting to and what would you have happen Tito. Talk to me.

Just to try and head you off at the pass so to speak. I don't care if A says a mean thing to B. Safe in the knowledge that B will say a mean thing to A pre or post A saying the mean thing to B. A and B both love it hence never stopping.

Go.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    What a condescending naive pile of shite. The market we have right now and that you support is corrupt. You prop up corruption, you support corruption, you are not just tainted but stained by that corruption. It stunts you and kills competition.

I smoked for years and loved it but the tobacco industry is morally indefensible. This whole thread is mental. People more worried about attacking the taxing of fags than us all living with the lethal results.

How many of us have not had a relative die as a direct result of smoking? I will never forget my Grandad slowly drowning in the last days of his life begging all his grandkids not to smoke.

The tobacco industry paid off those running the mainstream controlled market. The global market. The US and UK were always run by the most globalists of corporations and their sycophantic supporters are now crying about black markers as though they inhabit the moral high ground?

GTFO of here.
    Say what you will about the man, but he's never been angry

Refresh my memory Beanz, who was Eric Garner and what did he do?

As for the rest of your post...I never said "tobacco smoking is good for you" I never said smoking anything was good for you...I just responded that draconian taxation creates black markets....and I said it because it's TRUE.

Everything ain't all about you and your fucking relatives.....I'm sick to shit of reading about them, I've not insulted them, but fuck me if you bring them up one more fucking time I'll make it my duty to insult every last one of them!

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

GTFO of here.
    Say what you will about the man, but he's never been angry

Refresh my memory Beanz, who was Eric Garner and what did he do?

As for the rest of your post...I never said "tobacco smoking is good for you" I never said smoking anything was good for you...I just responded that draconian taxation creates black markets....and I said it because it's TRUE.

Everything ain't all about you and your fucking relatives.....I'm sick to shit of reading about them, I've not insulted them, but fuck me if you bring them up one more fucking time I'll make it my duty to insult every last one of them!

Actually you have repeatedly insulted them but for now lets focus on one thing

YOUR READING COMPREHENSION

POOR

Piss poor

What part of

"How many of us have not had a relative die as a direct result of smoking?"

Did you have trouble understanding. I mean if were not the actual sentence preceding relating the death of my Grandad, then maybe you could be given the benefit of the doub,t but it turns out that either

A. You are a cunt

B. You are a cunt with serious reading comprehension issues

The whole point is that it is completely not about me. This is something that will have affected everyone's family and you have to make it into some cry baby nonsense in which you are so offended by people being more honest and less virtue signalling than you that you try and pretend the problem lies with others and not you.

You are not good people after all it seems.

Eric Garner is apparently some guy choked by a Policeman in your country. What has that got to do with anything? Are you suggesting that even if you don't smoke you might get choked to death by a copper or something.

Fucking hell you are not just dense you are a bit sick .
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, that's just like saying "I know better than you, and you shouldn't be doing this, so I am going to condemn it and make it really hard for you to keep doing it"

Of course, I know that some food and cigarettes are really bad for you, but I do disagree with lecturing people about what they should and shouldn't be doing.

What's the definition of 'harmful', Brock? And where does it stop?

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Nah, that's just like saying "I know better than you, and you shouldn't be doing this, so I am going to condemn it and make it really hard for you to keep doing it"

Of course, I know that some food and cigarettes are really bad for you, but I do disagree with lecturing people about what they should and shouldn't be doing.

What's the definition of 'harmful', Brock? And where does it stop?

It's a slippery slope but I think everyone knows cigarettes are dangerous. Plus I'm not telling anybody else not to smoke they can smoke for all I care, long as I dont have to breathe in their 2nd hand smoke. I just support the black market. Have been since 1983
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 10-26-2020 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya they should start taxing the doo out of beer. Cars are dangerous as well, let’s but sin taxes on cars. Tax all this stuff n shitz

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me at it, I could run a fortune with cigars/cigs. With or without domestic duty paid. Tax the piss out of it, better for me and i miei complice.

Thread Information