Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DAZN UK Launch December Garcia-Campbell - £1.99 per month.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default DAZN UK Launch December Garcia-Campbell - £1.99 per month.

£1.99, or cheaper, per month, in 200 new markets
    Earlier main event start times (approximately midnight GMT/7pmET) for #GarciaCampbell and #JoshuaPulev

Joshua-Pulev is exclusive to SKY but the marketing is obvious.

Hey, I can't wait to see what @Spicoli was constantly moaning about - the shitty fights, announcers, lagging, etc
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DAZN UK Launch December Garcia-Campbell - £1.99 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    £1.99, or cheaper, per month, in 200 new markets
    Earlier main event start times (approximately midnight GMT/7pmET) for #GarciaCampbell and #JoshuaPulev

Joshua-Pulev is exclusive to SKY but the marketing is obvious.

Hey, I can't wait to see what @Spicoli was constantly moaning about - the shitty fights, announcers, lagging, etc
    Hey a man pays his money he expects good product. The last card from Meheeco was top notch! It's the lagging. It's annoying as feck. Oh and Mora, him too.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dazn clearly saves the good connections for Canada, works fine here. Dazn with a good VPN might be very good, I've not tried it with a proper VPN but they have various sports all over the world :S

Sergio mora is also the best commentator on TV despite his inability to do very basic mathematics.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been watching DAZN for ages and it's always a solid FHD stream.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was watching it on streams too, never noticed the lag. Spicoli you probably just have shit internet mate. You do live in the Arizona desert or Mississippi swampland or something, right?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spicoli: Get signed up to Starlink for better internet

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I was watching it on streams too, never noticed the lag. Spicoli you probably just have shit internet mate. You do live in the Arizona desert or Mississippi swampland or something, right?
    Swamp about sums it up but it is the only app and stream I use that times out and lags like that and sometimes drops flat off. Seen more than a few Stateside who have the issue.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Spicoli: Get signed up to Starlink for better internet
    Sounds like they're mainly available up North. Read it won't be a good choice in 'urban areas' or congested but guess time will tell, appreciate the heads up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So far I'm enjoying the no frills format on the website. The style of content is suited to its online market as opposed to broadcast tv. This DAZN cuts out a lot of stuff that I found tiring.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Luke Campbell believes that sacrificing Christmas with his family is a small price to pay if he puts on the display he expects against Ryan Garcia.

The Briton, 33, takes on Garcia in Dallas on 2 January.

Campbell is an underdog against the Mexican-American, 22, and has spent Christmas and New Year away from his family in order to prepare in the US.

"I will not put any status to any day. Christmas Day was just a Friday for me," Campbell told BBC Sport.

In a wide-ranging interview in which he opened up about grief, re-thinking the meaning of a world title and his opponent's social media fame, Campbell added: "I had Christmas in our house in early December. I had the dinner, the pudding, a glass of wine. We had gifts. I'm ready for next year's Christmas."

'Grief was burning me inside'

More than three years have passed since Campbell lost his father to cancer. Bernard Campbell died two weeks before his son's first world-title shot against Jorge Linares.

Campbell rebuilt, picked up three wins and then lost his second shot at world honours against Vasyl Lomachenko in 2019.

Fight postponements mean he has not competed in the 16 months since. He has instead been able to work on launching his own gym in Hull and has become an ambassador for The Good Grief Trust after realising how deeply his father's death affected him.

"I went through stages I couldn't understand - personal problems - and I didn't know at the time it was obviously grieving," said Campbell, whose fight with Garcia will air on DAZN at around 23:00 GMT on Saturday.

"It's easy to go down that wrong path - start picking up the drink, abuse yourself, punish yourself. Grieving can cause all types of depression and problems.

"I had a massive burning sensation inside of me. I was on fire inside, with so much anger. I was horrible to be around. I'd be driving down the street, and if someone gave me a mucky look I'd pull the car over. I had so much horrible feeling, anger and aggression in me. It was horrible.

"The Good Grief Trust is a good fit for me. I can tell people what I went through and let people know that if you're going through it, there is someone you can talk to."

The winner of Saturday's fight with Garcia - set to take place at around 23:00 GMT - is expected to go on to face WBC world lightweight champion Devin Haney.

Garcia, who has 20 wins from 20 fights, has had hype build around him rapidly during his four years as a professional, not least because of his work in generating a loyal social media fan base - including 7.8m followers on Instagram. He was recently named boxing's most marketable athlete.

Asked if he watches the viral videos of Garcia throwing hundreds of punches in seconds in the gym, Campbell replied: "No. I see him getting knocked out.

"Has he ever done that in any fights - rounded off 100 punches? No. Let's be honest, if I'd have boxed everyone on his record, I'd have knocked them all out."

Garcia is aware this fight offers the chance to silence those who have marked him down as a social media star rather than a feared fighter.

Campbell knows a defeat would leave him with a daunting comeback path in one of boxing's hottest weight divisions. He does however have the experience of tough 12-round fights compared to his rival, and knows what is required at the pivotal moments in close-fought contests.

"No one is saying he can't handle it but Garcia's not experienced any of that," Campbell added. "In boxing, 99% of fighters will experience that sooner or later.

"It's all good selling the fight, the rubbish you can talk. But when the bell goes, there are just two of you in there and it comes down to what you've got. I really do believe you will see the best of me."

A belt or a legacy?

It is more than eight years since Campbell walked away from the London Olympics with a gold medal.

Anthony Joshua, Oleksandr Usyk and Lomachenko all won gold at the same Games and have gone on to win world honours as professionals.

Many in boxing have commended Campbell for facing Linares and Lomachenko in order to chase a world title - meeting Garcia looks a dangerous move too.

Asked if he feels he has faced a harder route to world titles than other British fighters, Campbell replied: "100%. You look at some fighters who are super stars and they've never been in a real fight. It's mad but it doesn't really annoy me. I wouldn't change anything in my life."

But after Olympic success, ups and downs as a professional and a handful of lucrative fights, could he now live with never winning a world title?

Campbell added: "How many world champions are out there who no-one cares about or haven't got a penny? Would you rather have a belt on your shelf?

"When it's all said and done in this sport, I want people to say: 'He boxed the best and beat them. What a fighter he was.'

"I'm happy with that. If a title comes, 100% thank you very much, that would be the icing on the cake. I know there are some huge performances to come from me."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/55464845
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking forward to this one and the 11pm UK start time is 👌

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m still calling an upset win for Campbell. I think that Campbell will be able to weather the early storm to outbox Garcia.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Credit to Garcia for stepping up. Campbell is a tough test and I doubt it's an easy fight for either guy. I'm tempted to think Garcia scores a surprise shocking KO but I'll back Garcia on pts. This is the type of fight we need to see more of.

I'm also looking forward to Alvarado vs Kriel on the undercard. Another tough 1 for me to pick. I'm slightly siding with Kriel on pts.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll be interesting to see if Campbell has any lasting effects from having Covid.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I make Luke Campbell fav even though the odds say Garcia. I don't know what to make of Garcia he's like what Dubois was b4 Joyce, he's in that "He could be anything" box.

But from what I've seen of Garcia and I've watched most of his fights, I'm not impressed but if he beats Campbell and easy beats him then that'll b very impressive.

But Golden Boy are massively under estimating Campbell.

Garcia is in for the shock of his life. I see Garcia quitting or late stoppage for Campbell.

Thread Information