I'm referring to Tom Brady, of course. Regardless of whether or not anyone here follows the NFL... it's a feat worthy of admiration. Here's a guy who won six Super Bowls in nine appearances with the New England Patriots since 2001... goes to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the ripe old age (NFL-wise) of 43... and is contending for MVP honors with lights-out quarterback play... while helping make the Buccaneers a Super Bowl contender in their own right.

IMO, Brady already had GOAT status cemented a long time ago. But this fight against Father Time is pretty impressive, to say the least. Detractors will point to his supporting cast, and granted... the Buccaneers have surrounded Brady with a pretty good team. But damn... how many greats of the past have tried to continue playing quarterback at NFL levels, only to have their age betray them suddenly and cruelly. My favorite NFL team has always been the Pittsburgh Steelers... but I'm also a Brady fan, and am rooting for him to take the Bucs deep into the playoffs (COVID permitting, of course).

Every sport has its share of ATG's who seem to defy age and play with excellence past their peak years. But this cat has taken it to a new level.