Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  90
Likes Likes:  320
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 1093

Thread: Today In Biden Land

Share/Bookmark
  1. #796
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,368
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    496
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Who knew in 2020 he was running for the senate?




    You can hear a splattering of applause-up until he said which office he was running for dayum!!
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 04-12-2021 at 11:11 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  2. #797
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,204
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1789
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Now that America is getting out of Afghanistan it would be nice if they didn't repeat what they did when the left Vietnam. And Iraq:

    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...chance/618586/


    How the GOP are coping with losing the last cycle of elections:

    https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/re...blican-autopsy


    We're about to hear a lot of bullshit about inflation. Some facts:

    https://twitter.com/rortybomb/status...37748787937289


    https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/stat...15064242421761




    This is good. She should get a Nobel for this:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/h...na-kariko.html



    Corporate taxes:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/o...=tw-nytopinion


    and

    https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/statu...08209251229700

    and

    https://twitter.com/ChrisLedf/status...91167538606084

  3. #798
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,368
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    496
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Now that America is getting out of Afghanistan it would be nice if they didn't repeat what they did when the left Vietnam. And Iraq:

    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...chance/618586/


    How the GOP are coping with losing the last cycle of elections:

    https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/re...blican-autopsy


    We're about to hear a lot of bullshit about inflation. Some facts:

    https://twitter.com/rortybomb/status...37748787937289


    https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/stat...15064242421761




    This is good. She should get a Nobel for this:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/h...na-kariko.html



    Corporate taxes:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/o...=tw-nytopinion


    and

    https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/statu...08209251229700

    and

    https://twitter.com/ChrisLedf/status...91167538606084

    The Kariko piece was interesting.

    Reading the Republican Autopsy- that IMO has been a consistent plan they dredge up from time to time. Donaldict was most successful using the old playbook.

    What is hard to gauge this time -is the tens of thousands of Republicans that have left their party & went Independent

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ot/ar-BB1dbD9X
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/u...ing-party.html


    The GOP Is Dying As 140,000 Republicans Flee The Party In January
    https://www.politicususa.com/2021/02...n-january.html
    An analysis of January voting records by The New York Times found that nearly 140,000 Republicans had quit the party in 25 states that had readily available data


    it could be even worse due to the fact that (19 states do not have registration by party).
    No wonder Republican support for Donaldict is still high- those sickened by him have all but left or are complicit, because they dont like what they see on the other side of the aisle.


    It's possible to get an Abraham Lincoln style election in 2024 where the winner gets a sorrowful 40% leaving the majority of the country pissed off, unwilling, intolerant and prejudgemental.
    Trump has destroyed the Republican Party, they don't exist anymore.
    Its the Trumpite party.
    A party that is complicit to vote suppression. facts provided by @Kirkland Laing
    over & over...

    A party that consists of pro-catostrophic debt-raisers.
    The National Debt, which reached $27.8 trillion at the end of Trump's presidency,

    False prophets coming in God's name.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/these-...-term-what-now

    Biden got in office just like Obama: a rebuke of the Republican nominee(s) and nothing at all to do with any agenda.

    Biden is the Cosmo Kramer of Presidents. he fell ass backwards into victory.


    Constantly making an (ass) of himself.

    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  4. #799
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,368
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    496
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Fake but Funny as hell



    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  5. #800
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,525
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    125
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Who knew in 2020 he was running for the senate?




    You can hear a splattering of applause-up until he said which office he was running for dayum!!
    Imma tell ya he's out by Layba Day.

  6. #801
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,826
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1797
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Who knew in 2020 he was running for the senate?




    You can hear a splattering of applause-up until he said which office he was running for dayum!!
    Imma tell ya he's out by Layba Day.

    Prediction # 374

    Let's see if you can break the "0-fer".

  7. #802
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,368
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    496
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Who knew in 2020 he was running for the senate?




    You can hear a splattering of applause-up until he said which office he was running for dayum!!
    Imma tell ya he's out by Layba Day.

    Prediction # 374

    Let's see if you can break the "0-fer".

    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  8. #803
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,204
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1789
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    140 000 voters leaving the GOP is a rounding error out of 75 million votes cast last November. Party registration always jumps around a lot. I would still bet that the next election comes down to tens of thousands of votes either way in a few battleground states like the last two have which means the current GOP gleichschaltung programme detailed in that autopsy report is even more horrific. Here's another part of it:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...uston-n1263624



    Immigration:


    https://twitter.com/m_clem/status/1382439055594557442



    Infrastructure:


    https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/sta...04362400190469



    Interestingly Biden's very popular infrastructure bill becomes even more popular when voters hear the money to pay for it will come from increased corporate taxes. Here's the GOP counter offer such as it is:

    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...s-gas-tax.html

    The party of the working classes.



    And if you thought the Nazi reference above was unfair then you have to deal with the fact that the GOP is currently normalising white supremacy and making it acceptable to Americans. This is not promising for America's future at all:

    https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1380309798957285376

  9. #804
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,204
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1789
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    140 000 voters leaving the GOP is a rounding error out of 75 million votes cast last November. Party registration always jumps around a lot. I would still bet that the next election comes down to tens of thousands of votes either way in a few battleground states like the last two have which means the current GOP gleichschaltung programme detailed in that autopsy report is even more horrific. Here's another part of it:<br><br>https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/texas-gop-recruiting-army-fight-fraud-largely-minority-areas-houston-n1263624<br><br><br><br>Immigration:<br><br><br>ht tps://twitter.com/m_clem/status/1382439055594557442<br><br><br><br>Infrastructure: <br><br><br>https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1382304362400190469<br><br><br><br>Interestingly Biden's very popular infrastructure bill becomes even more popular when voters hear the money to pay for it will come from increased corporate taxes. Here's the GOP counter offer such as it is:<br><br>https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/04/biden-infrastructure-senate-republicans-gas-tax.html<br><br>The party of the working classes.<br><br><br><br>And if you thought the Nazi reference above was unfair then you have to deal with the fact that the GOP is currently normalising white supremacy and making it acceptable to Americans. This is not promising for America's future at all:<br><br>https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1380309798957285376<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br ><br><br>

  10. #805
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,204
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1789
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    140 000 voters leaving the GOP is a rounding error out of 75 million votes cast last November. Party registration always jumps around a lot. I would still bet that the next election comes down to tens of thousands of votes either way in a few battleground states like the last two have which means the current GOP gleichschaltung programme detailed in that autopsy report is even more horrific. Here's another part of it:


    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...uston-n1263624

    Immigration:https://twitter.com/m_clem/status/1382439055594557442

    Infrastructure:

    https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/sta...04362400190469

    Interestingly Biden's very popular infrastructure bill becomes even more popular when voters hear the money to pay for it will come from increased corporate taxes. Here's the GOP counter offer such as it is:

    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...s-gas-tax.html

    The party of the working classes.


    And if you thought the Nazi reference above was unfair then you have to deal with the fact that the GOP is currently normalising white supremacy and making it acceptable to Americans. This is not promising for America's future at all:

    https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1380309798957285376

  11. #806
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,368
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    496
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    140 000 voters leaving the GOP is a rounding error out of 75 million votes cast last November. Party registration always jumps around a lot. I would still bet that the next election comes down to tens of thousands of votes either way in a few battleground states like the last two have which means the current GOP gleichschaltung programme detailed in that autopsy report is even more horrific. Here's another part of it:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...uston-n1263624



    Immigration:


    https://twitter.com/m_clem/status/1382439055594557442



    Infrastructure:


    https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/sta...04362400190469



    Interestingly Biden's very popular infrastructure bill becomes even more popular when voters hear the money to pay for it will come from increased corporate taxes. Here's the GOP counter offer such as it is:

    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...s-gas-tax.html

    The party of the working classes.



    And if you thought the Nazi reference above was unfair then you have to deal with the fact that the GOP is currently normalising white supremacy and making it acceptable to Americans. This is not promising for America's future at all:

    https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1380309798957285376

    If you say it is a rounding error, ok. The way I read the article wasn't so much about the party losing voters, it was about why there was a surge in voters changin over a short period.

    People leave parties for various reasons but this was an instance of raising the question- how many left as a response to January 6th.

    The biggest spikes in Republicans leaving the party came in the days after Jan. 6, especially in California, where there were 1,020 Republican changes on Jan. 5 — and then 3,243 on Jan. 7. In Arizona, there were 233 Republican changes in the first five days of January, and 3,317 in the next week.


    I would also agree the next election will come down to what you stated. The country has always voted around 50-48 with a 2% demographic that is swayed from one party to the other.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  12. #807
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,368
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    496
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    3 issues I like hearing about Student Loans, Infrastructure & the failed war on terror.


    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-a...ps-withdrawal/
    President Biden has decided to withdraw military forces from Afghanistan by September 11, 2021,
    This quote got me: "An Afghan government official texted a response to the news: "Well we now have to charter our own way forward."
    Well, yeah, that was supposed to have occurred decade ago at least!

    https://news.yahoo.com/50k-student-l...160312002.html
    $50K of student loan forgiveness would wipe out federal debt for 36M, new data shows


    https://jalopnik.com/it-s-amazing-ho...ure-1846257725
    https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-s...104000259.html


    This quote gets me: top Republican on the Environment and Public Works Committee, is stuck in the middle of the struggle, said she's crafting a "conceptual Republican bill" that includes investments in roads and bridges.

    "We're working on that right now. We haven't made consensus on it," she said.



    Republicans had the house, senate & oval office and weren't held accountable. So we're right back where we always end up. One party saying no to something needed, then offering nothing in return.

    One thing I will say about Biden- sure is nice to know our president isn't being flown around to golf resorts to rallies that sell foreign merchandise in USA's name.


    Wonderful knowing we have a president that allows Twitter to be a social platform, not a presidential bullhorn to shit out tweets of malice.


    A chance to give him- a chance.
    Hold Both parties accountable for presenting bills, or countering bills as opposed to lip service.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  13. #808
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,322
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    724
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    3 issues I like hearing about Student Loans, Infrastructure & the failed war on terror.


    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-a...ps-withdrawal/
    President Biden has decided to withdraw military forces from Afghanistan by September 11, 2021,
    This quote got me: "An Afghan government official texted a response to the news: "Well we now have to charter our own way forward."
    Well, yeah, that was supposed to have occurred decade ago at least!

    https://news.yahoo.com/50k-student-l...160312002.html
    $50K of student loan forgiveness would wipe out federal debt for 36M, new data shows


    https://jalopnik.com/it-s-amazing-ho...ure-1846257725
    https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-s...104000259.html


    This quote gets me: top Republican on the Environment and Public Works Committee, is stuck in the middle of the struggle, said she's crafting a "conceptual Republican bill" that includes investments in roads and bridges.

    "We're working on that right now. We haven't made consensus on it," she said.



    Republicans had the house, senate & oval office and weren't held accountable. So we're right back where we always end up. One party saying no to something needed, then offering nothing in return.

    One thing I will say about Biden- sure is nice to know our president isn't being flown around to golf resorts to rallies that sell foreign merchandise in USA's name.


    Wonderful knowing we have a president that allows Twitter to be a social platform, not a presidential bullhorn to shit out tweets of malice.


    A chance to give him- a chance.
    Hold Both parties accountable for presenting bills, or countering bills as opposed to lip service.
    Yeah give him a chance. I don’t like that he says he can’t do two things at once but not everyone can multi task. I hope he does well.

  14. #809
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,368
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    496
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    3 issues I like hearing about Student Loans, Infrastructure & the failed war on terror.


    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-a...ps-withdrawal/
    President Biden has decided to withdraw military forces from Afghanistan by September 11, 2021,
    This quote got me: "An Afghan government official texted a response to the news: "Well we now have to charter our own way forward."
    Well, yeah, that was supposed to have occurred decade ago at least!

    https://news.yahoo.com/50k-student-l...160312002.html
    $50K of student loan forgiveness would wipe out federal debt for 36M, new data shows


    https://jalopnik.com/it-s-amazing-ho...ure-1846257725
    https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-s...104000259.html


    This quote gets me: top Republican on the Environment and Public Works Committee, is stuck in the middle of the struggle, said she's crafting a "conceptual Republican bill" that includes investments in roads and bridges.

    "We're working on that right now. We haven't made consensus on it," she said.



    Republicans had the house, senate & oval office and weren't held accountable. So we're right back where we always end up. One party saying no to something needed, then offering nothing in return.

    One thing I will say about Biden- sure is nice to know our president isn't being flown around to golf resorts to rallies that sell foreign merchandise in USA's name.


    Wonderful knowing we have a president that allows Twitter to be a social platform, not a presidential bullhorn to shit out tweets of malice.


    A chance to give him- a chance.
    Hold Both parties accountable for presenting bills, or countering bills as opposed to lip service.
    Yeah give him a chance. I don’t like that he says he can’t do two things at once but not everyone can multi task. I hope he does well.
    Multitasking is great when it's relative to the job. Playing golf, doing I am the world tours IMO isn't the best way to show one's ability to do several things at once.

    Really a shame another election and we're rehashing the same topic(s) president after president after president.
    If infrastructure can be tackled that will take both parties. Hopefully neither stands in the other's way.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  15. #810
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,322
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    724
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    3 issues I like hearing about Student Loans, Infrastructure & the failed war on terror.


    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-a...ps-withdrawal/
    President Biden has decided to withdraw military forces from Afghanistan by September 11, 2021,
    This quote got me: "An Afghan government official texted a response to the news: "Well we now have to charter our own way forward."
    Well, yeah, that was supposed to have occurred decade ago at least!

    https://news.yahoo.com/50k-student-l...160312002.html
    $50K of student loan forgiveness would wipe out federal debt for 36M, new data shows


    https://jalopnik.com/it-s-amazing-ho...ure-1846257725
    https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-s...104000259.html


    This quote gets me: top Republican on the Environment and Public Works Committee, is stuck in the middle of the struggle, said she's crafting a "conceptual Republican bill" that includes investments in roads and bridges.

    "We're working on that right now. We haven't made consensus on it," she said.



    Republicans had the house, senate & oval office and weren't held accountable. So we're right back where we always end up. One party saying no to something needed, then offering nothing in return.

    One thing I will say about Biden- sure is nice to know our president isn't being flown around to golf resorts to rallies that sell foreign merchandise in USA's name.


    Wonderful knowing we have a president that allows Twitter to be a social platform, not a presidential bullhorn to shit out tweets of malice.


    A chance to give him- a chance.
    Hold Both parties accountable for presenting bills, or countering bills as opposed to lip service.
    Yeah give him a chance. I don’t like that he says he can’t do two things at once but not everyone can multi task. I hope he does well.
    Multitasking is great when it's relative to the job. Playing golf, doing I am the world tours IMO isn't the best way to show one's ability to do several things at once.

    Really a shame another election and we're rehashing the same topic(s) president after president after president.
    If infrastructure can be tackled that will take both parties. Hopefully neither stands in the other's way.
    I can definitely get behind a true infrastructure bill. Deficit spending is a major issue but when your spending on this that keep shit moving that can collapse on peoples heads and what not it makes sense. I remember an article I think it was the Japanese pm taking a tour with Schwarzenegger or another governor he was looking at the state of LA infrastructure and he said, “fixing this shit now is gonna be cheaper than doing it when it completely rots” I mean that’s what we try to do with our homes and shit try to avoid major expensive fixes down the line by keeping up with shit.I drive on one of FDR’s projects during the Great Depression regularly. It is kept up but it two lanes and it was built for traffic speeds, cars and congestion of the era. It’s like a death trap now. Takes me right to NY get in the left lane I find myself doing 90mph to keep up with the flow of traffic then you hit these curves everyone brakes to 50mph it’s like a race track. I head out west see those newer roads what a difference. A good infrastructure bill would make sense. But where will it go? Will it be in name only? I hope we can get something right I’ve driven on some highways in China that were beautiful but no one wants to drive on the damn things because of all the tolls. But they were beautifully built roads.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Why would Biden want to be POTUS anyway??
    By TitoFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-10-2020, 11:27 AM
  2. Nigel Farage vs Joe Biden
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2015, 03:17 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing