Default Re: Today In Biden Land

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manchin, in Reversal, Agrees to Quick Action on Climate and Tax Plan https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/27/u...JVMySzGn7AdGdY

@Master can you fix the link for me?.

What's going on here munchkin now agrees to a climate plan and tax increases...maybe they're going to start painting coal green?

" But that legislation still needs to clear the House, and Republican leaders in that chamber said they would instruct their ranks to oppose it after news of the deal."
    .... Good for the Americans that republicans plan to block the bill to increase competitivity with china, who wants to compete with them anyway.....

"That could ease the way for a project in which Mr. Manchin has taken a personal interest, the Mountain Valley Pipeline, which would transport Appalachian shale gas from West Virginia to Virginia."
    Aha that'll help things along, politics does work best when the politicians get rich from their decisions...
    I learned an amusing word, boondoggle
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/27/o...-fracking.html

I see the federal reserve whacked up interest rates again but the stock market loved it yesterday, stocks were mostly up and then when Powell started speaking they jumped another 1%... Maybe an encouraging sign, but experts are also quick to warn stock prices are not a reliable indicator of anything, 9 out of the 5 recisions and so on..

The Americans can do whatever they want(as long as they don't invade Canada) I'm just hoping they don't bugger up the climate for everyone else because the good climate news just keeps coming

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/24/w...s-auction.html

I can see why the Congolese would do this, they see everyone else scrambling for oil and gas and they're expected to just sit on their peat bogs and stay poor. Hopefully some agreement can be found there before we all cook.
    Last edited by palmerq; 07-28-2022 at 05:00 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Manchin, in Reversal, Agrees to Quick Action on Climate and Tax Plan https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/27/u...JVMySzGn7AdGdY

@Master can you fix the link for me?.

What's going on here munchkin now agrees to a climate plan and tax increases...maybe they're going to start painting coal green?

" But that legislation still needs to clear the House, and Republican leaders in that chamber said they would instruct their ranks to oppose it after news of the deal."
    .... Good for the Americans that republicans plan to block the bill to increase competitivity with china, who wants to compete with them anyway.....

"That could ease the way for a project in which Mr. Manchin has taken a personal interest, the Mountain Valley Pipeline, which would transport Appalachian shale gas from West Virginia to Virginia."
    Aha that'll help things along, politics does work best when the politicians get rich from their decisions...
    I learned an amusing word, boondoggle
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/27/o...-fracking.html

I see the federal reserve whacked up interest rates again but the stock market loved it yesterday, stocks were mostly up and then when Powell started speaking they jumped another 1%... Maybe an encouraging sign, but experts are also quick to warn stock prices are not a reliable indicator of anything, 9 out of the 5 recisions and so on..

The Americans can do whatever they want(as long as they don't invade Canada) I'm just hoping they don't bugger up the climate for everyone else because the good climate news just keeps coming

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/24/w...s-auction.html

I can see why the Congolese would do this, they see everyone else scrambling for oil and gas and they're expected to just sit on their peat bogs and stay poor. Hopefully some agreement can be found there before we all cook.

This bill is not inflationary by the way. It spends a bunch of money into the system but takes it out the other end in taxes on the wealthy so all good and fantastic for the economy. Watch GOP lobbyists try and buy off a senator to block it. My money is on Sinema. Will get back to answering this tomorrow.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell... I still don't believe in that wall. Billions upon billions for something that is easily scaled, tunneled under, etc.

Bad on Joe for not coming up with a feasible alternative that works. These are not the Middle Ages... and we've got the technology to secure the border.

Then again... maybe they might want to add an alligator-filled moat for good measure.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hell... I still don't believe in that wall. Billions upon billions for something that is easily scaled, tunneled under, etc.

Bad on Joe for not coming up with a feasible alternative that works. These are not the Middle Ages... and we've got the technology to secure the border.

Then again... maybe they might want to add an alligator-filled moat for good measure.
    I like that you stuck to your principle there. Atleast youre not doing what alot of Dems/Biden supporters are doing by NOT calling him out on his hypocrisy on this issue. Fair play.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I like that you stuck to your principle there. Atleast youre not doing what alot of Dems/Biden supporters are doing by NOT calling him out on his hypocrisy on this issue. Fair play.

i've NEVER believed in the Wall. Not when Donald was Trumpeting it (pun intended)... not now that Joe is quietly hurrying to build some sections.

I just can't believe that here we are in the 21st century, and we have to resort to medieval methods to secure a border.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sinema Agrees to Climate and Tax Deal, Clearing the Way for Votes https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/04/u...XL9S2mjCBbcEnW

So the other Democrat rebel now says they'll support this bill, removing some tax increases of course, can't have the the rich paying too much tax...

So has Joe done a good job, looks like he's managed to get a fair few things through in less than two years.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Sinema Agrees to Climate and Tax Deal, Clearing the Way for Votes https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/04/u...XL9S2mjCBbcEnW

So the other Democrat rebel now says they'll support this bill, removing some tax increases of course, can't have the the rich paying too much tax...

So has Joe done a good job, looks like he's managed to get a fair few things through in less than two years.

Look at Brandon go!

Sinema has gone from Code Pink activist twenty years ago to defending private equity guys paying low single digit tax rates. I wonder how they're going to compensate her for this. She if I remember correctly had a net worth of about eighty thousand dollars when she entered the Senate. They can't give her something to invest in and she makes millions with no fingerprints. Difficult to give her a lobbying job when she's only been in the Senate five minutes. Can't be head of a nonprofit because incomes have to be disclosed. In charge of some private company? Doing what? Lobbyist would be the least worst option but there'll be tells they can't hide. They'll be desperate to pay her because that's how future Sinemas do what they're told, they know they're going to get paid in the future because the previous Sinemas all did. Tricky situation for them.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how much are they giving to the irs? could that money not have been better used to help those in need?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

House Passes Climate, Tax and Health Package https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/12/u...dU8dwJUQp-HvRA

Good work Americans.

Inflation also eased off a bit this month and the jobs report was a quite large gain,which might not be a good thing.

Maybe the worst of things is over for now... untill china invades Taiwan :S

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information